Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#269500 Mar 19th, 2009 at 01:54 AM
CaceyS Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there! I'm really excited to be growing (or trying to grow) my first vegetable garden this year. :) I'm planning on growing a variety of veggies and most of the seeds I have say on the package to start the seeds indoors. But I'm wondering if anyone can tell me this... is that really necessary? Because unfortunately the one window that has a good ledge/window faces up to another house and it gets almost NO sunlight. But my yard where I built my raised beds for my garden, on the other hand, have almost CONSTANT sunlight.

I'm just worried about putting all my effort into planting my seeds outdoors, just to find out that I should have followed directions on the seed packets and started my seeds indoors (not that I can).

Any help/advice anyone has would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you all so much,
Cacey

Cacey
CaceyS #269501 Mar 19th, 2009 at 03:40 AM
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
well, it depends on what you're wanting to grow. I'm about 2 hours drive from you, and with this weather, you could start almost anything outdoore, I'll be starting more tomatoes, peppers, and some others outdoors this week, in containers, and as for light, you won't need any until the seeds sprout, many tomatoes don't like much light anway until they germinate,...?

dave
peppereater #269601 Mar 19th, 2009 at 05:27 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm in NC and it's a lot easier to grow outdoors.

lately, I've been talked into, by a person who shall remain anonymous, starting some tomato seeds so I've started them indoors. Outdoors is the way to go in my book.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image