Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#270196 Mar 22nd, 2009 at 02:40 PM
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Well, I can't seem to get any good photos of all the birds that hang around my place but my squirrels are getting more and more accustom to me and are coming in closer and closer at feeding time. Here are just a few. The first 2 are of H.T.. H.T. comes right up to me under the carport for a nut. She just won't take it directly from my hand yet so I squat down and drop it at my feet and she will take it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
These next three pics are of Little Momma. She has a baby or 2 somewhere but I can't figure out which of the many nest is hers. She will not come up on the carport yet but she comes with in about 8 feet and sits up with her little front paws pulled to her chest and begs for a nut.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
And these are a few others moving in for a free nut.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
And here are some of the kids just chowing down
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This last one is a rat and squirrel sharing a meal.
[Linked Image]

The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Errrm, Memosa? Not all of these are squirrels....

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Ya noticed huh? Well, the squirrels don't mind sharing and all Gods creatures have to eat. Besides we have a deal.........If I feed them they don't try to enter my house and they leave my tomatoes alone when I plant them. Of course I can't seem to make that deal with the rest of Mother Nature especially her little flying friends.

500 Posts
500 Posts
Memosa, can you please send me some squirrels? I loves them! Don't worry about sending rats, though. I can get them here.

Eternity
3k Posts
3k Posts
Lovely pics. including the rats.

[Linked Image]
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Originally Posted by stevie_g
Memosa, can you please send me some squirrels? I loves them! Don't worry about sending rats, though. I can get them here.

Oh Stevie_g, if only I could!! But if I couldn't get any over there even for the Australia Zoo (when Pete worked there) I don't think that I can get them past customs for you!LOL And that is because of what the rats have done there. I tried to convince them that it wouldn't be the same because I would have my squirrels neutered. My Male pet is. So, I could have others fixed and then there would be no problem (if they got out some how) of them breeding and over populating and causing destruction of native habitats there like the rats and poison frogs have done.

Thanks Glenda, I love all my little critters. After all according to the Bible, God put man in charge of naming and taking care of all the plants and animals. Not to Eradicate them for our own greed and amusement. After all they were here before mankind.

The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Thorn goes out to his feeders with a flame thrower because he is bored and greedy and needs something to amuse him.

[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Memosa
Originally Posted by stevie_g

Oh Stevie_g, if only I could!! But if I couldn't get any over there even for the Australia Zoo (when Pete worked there) I don't think that I can get them past customs for you!LOL And that is because of what the rats have done there. I tried to convince them that it wouldn't be the same because I would have my squirrels neutered. My Male pet is. So, I could have others fixed and then there would be no problem (if they got out some how) of them breeding and over populating and causing destruction of native habitats there like the rats and poison frogs have done.

Thanks Glenda, I love all my little critters. After all according to the Bible, God put man in charge of naming and taking care of all the plants and animals. Not to Eradicate them for our own greed and amusement. After all they were here before mankind.

Yes, we are definitely missing out here, not having squirrels. After all, we bring in lions and tigers and all those critters for our zoos; why not squirrels? I'd rather have some squirrels get out than some tigers! Oh, well, I will have to keep getting my squirrel fixes by seeing your photos (and Rhorny's).

Eternity
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
No squirrel pics today. But they were all over my feeder. My friendly one ALMOST came to me when I called.

[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
I love squirre's and feed them too,and i got
a pic of My buddy coming to bird bath for a drink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
All of the squirrel pictures you ladies post are adorable--

but I myself could do without them---they are greedy and do not like to share with the birds, the seed I put out--they think they should have it all. My neighbor used to feed the squirrels but has stopped in the last few years-- egad(the homes around me are filled with nut trees & squirels)

Still, very cute photo's.....

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,933
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image