There's about a month and a half til our last frost date, and in about two months I can start planting out my hardy annuals! Boy does time fly! I better direct sow my poppies and wildflowers asap if I want early blooms.
Red Poinciana (the first to make it past a month!)
[Linked Image]

Leggy tomatoes and a type of eggplant called 'Pumpkin on a stick' Solanum integrifolium
[Linked Image]

And off course, I started some tubers:
Agapanthus (2/pack, Delft Duo, but the rhizomes weren't labelled so I have no clue which one is white and which one is blue)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Canna 'Red King Humber'
[Linked Image]

My brugs; their second winter. They were like this last year; few leaves and almost bear stem. Thanks to Diane who so generously sent me cuttings. They managed to bloom so I have high hope for these. I'm going to start fertilizing them in a few weeks. I was told that the more fertilizer that you give plants, the faster they grown and the more light they need. If you plant in poorer soil, and give it minimal water, they enter a semi dormant stage and will suffer less when you transplant them outside.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by kennyso; Apr 5th, 2009 at 05:09 PM.

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee