Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#272840 Apr 7th, 2009 at 01:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Ok, here goes, I have noticed that in some of my plants, I have ants...UUUUGGGHHHH.... I can't stand them! I wish the weather would stay warm already! How do I get rid of them without harming my plants, I also have a child and dog, so I want something safe for them as well.
Ash

Ashlee #272906 Apr 7th, 2009 at 07:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 80
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 80
Use cornmeal. They can not digest it and will die. Just a small amount in the pot will work.

atokadawn #272915 Apr 7th, 2009 at 09:10 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Thank You SOOOO Much! Can't stand them, they're fine outside, but no in my house! LOL!

Ashlee #272966 Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,363
I'll have to try that too


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #274535 Apr 15th, 2009 at 06:00 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 24
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 24
doe the cornmeal work in all plants ? do you just sprinkle some on the top soil.


mary wiley
meha #274538 Apr 15th, 2009 at 06:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by meha
doe the cornmeal work in all plants ? do you just sprinkle some on the top soil.

Yes to both questions. It is a nice organic way of dealing with a not so nice problem.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,573
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1