Rate Thread
#273557 Apr 10th, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
James I think you will enjoy your Uniden phone.

About 13 years ago I spent a small fortune (for me) purchasing a Uniden cordless phone. It is a model that can be used on your desk surface or mounted to the wall.

It is VERY powerful to this day.

All my friends buy ordinary phones and as soon as they get about 20 feet from their bases, the signal starts breaking up. I can carry my phone nearly a mile from my house and do not lose the signal!

The hitch is it takes a J battery which can be expensive but they last several years with care. The only other drawback is my model is so old it does not have a Caller ID window on it, but that doesn't matter because I have Time Warner Cable and my Caller ID flashes on my TV screen if the TV is turned on at the time.

I will be very sorry indeed when I can no longer use this terrific phone!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #273746 Apr 11th, 2009 at 06:15 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Sounds like you have a 2.4ghz uniden? Which model?

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #273846 Apr 12th, 2009 at 07:34 AM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
To answer your question James, my son looked over our phone carefully to read all the writing on it for me because the print is too small for me to see.

It is the exs9500 model and has a built in answering machine and a four slot memory for speed dialing.

Could it possibly be a 900 hz? Less powerful than the 2.4 ghz? I seem to remember something about a 900 in the specs for the phone when I first got it but gee, that was a very long time ago.

Once, a few years back when I looked online for the manual to learn how to reprogram the answering machine w/ a different message, I discovered this particular phone is no longer in production. The manual was still available though and I downloaded it easily.

If my experience is typical of other Uniden owners, then I think you shall be a happy man with your phone for a long time to come. Uniden is certainly a manufacturer of high quality products and for me, it was well worth every penny I spent on it many times over.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #274032 Apr 12th, 2009 at 06:03 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Yeh that's a 900MHz Digital line; not too shabby :P... I have a lot of good results with the Digital products that Uniden pumps out, they're very nice :)...

I shopped and shopped for a good phone, couldn't find anything then I came across the TRU9460 (5.8GHz Digital) phones, couldn't be happier :P...

They have a model which has an answering machine and another which is multi-line compatible that both use the same handsets; so if I needed to upgrade later i can use the same handsets I've been using over the years...

Oh and replacement batteries, on amazon, cost about $2; so it's no bother should one need replaced :)

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!

Moderated by  Gremelin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,890
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image