Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#274200 Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:06 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
5k Posts
OP Offline
5k Posts
Okay..I am REALLY making a big effort to get back here everyday and catch up...

We have had a long run of health & "Peanut" issues that have absorbed our time and quality of life. fibromyalgia is a big roller coaster ride and Peanut's autism has been quite a journey. But we are dealing and coping.

We continue to be very active in our church and always have a lot going on there...keeps us busy enough and is a huge source of support to us.

Not much gardening going on here because it has been storming and raining for weeks...much too wet to be out. I did get a running chance to get my crepe myrtles cut back and do have a lot of hosta's, canna's and herbs popping up.
the other hurdle I have is that last year I didn't get to work outside much at all due to my health issues, so I really didn't get to prepare anything for this year. I am really praying it wont be so difficult for me to be able to get outside this year.

We have just got Peanut in to a behavioral study program at Children's hospital sponsored through UAMS. We had to be on a year waiting list..they are so swamped...2 years if you need to see the Dr. He will actually start next week..we have had 3 weeks of appts for just Ruf & I. Ruf is there now, I just couldn't physically go today..it is a trip in to Little Rock every Monday..but will be worth it.
Peanut had to start public school this year ..it has been difficult for him but he is doing pretty darned good so far...he requires so much supervision that they are just not staffed to provide. but we are working around it.

We got Lisa (my DIL) through RN school last year and she has started work..so I have my sweet Galvin, who is quite the mess, at least 3 days a week..but he will be in kindergarten next year so that will be different. He is looking forward to it..I am not! I love the time with him.

Okay..so that is just about the book in a nutshell at my house....

We had a blessed Easter...hope you all did as well!!!

[Linked Image]

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...

Continual prayers for Cindy Lu Faye Bob
#274213 Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:44 AM
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Good to hear from you Vanessa!

I was just thinking about you last week.

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #274221 Apr 13th, 2009 at 01:38 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad to hear also. And Peanut stories will always be welcome. I am trying to remember how old Peanut is. I know younger than my down syndrome son Ted who will turn 15 in a couple of weeks. In my mind, Peanut is stuck at preschooler with a ball cap and a fuzzy soft sculpture flower in his hand. Every time I see those flowers I think of you all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #274246 Apr 13th, 2009 at 03:34 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm glad to read the update. You've got a lot on your plate. Are you living in the same place?

Bestofour #274271 Apr 13th, 2009 at 05:00 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thanks For the Update Vanessa, I've thought about you so many times and wondered how you are!
You have a strong spirit that's a compassionate fighter, it has gotten you through and will continue to carry you! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #274282 Apr 13th, 2009 at 06:32 PM
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Vanessa so very glad to hear from you have tried to call you but no answer maybe I have wrong number please call me any time.
You have my number it hasnt changed and if you dont I will send it to you or anyone that has it can give it to you.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image