Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#274241 Apr 13th, 2009 at 03:14 PM
OP Offline
Hi there! I inherited this plant from a friend who left the country. That was in August 2008. I was watering it once a week, and positioned it beside the french doors where it got some fair amount of sunlight. It grew rather well for sometime. However in Feb, I had a citrus plant which needed more sun, so I moved it rather inwards into the house. And now I notice that a some of its leaves (if one can call them that) are drying up and falling off. I'm quite puzzled cause the rest of the hanging leaves and even the ones on top are plump, green, and healthy, but about 5 others are shrivelling?

So first of all, does someone know the name of this plant? How often should I water it? Does it need a lot of sun? Will it be ok if I move it outdoors (my ex-neighbor always had it inside the flat). Should I be bothered by the shrivelling leaves or is that like normal leaf replacement going on?

Here are some photos... thanks again my dear friends for your help!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24118673@N02/sets/72157616723548222/

Bettybp
Bettybp616 #274245 Apr 13th, 2009 at 03:32 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
donkey tails. They are a succulent. And yes, a lot of sun. If it was doing well with your watering schedule then continue. But they need a fair amount of sunlight to thrive.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image