Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#275605 Apr 20th, 2009 at 10:04 AM
OP Offline
Hello! My name is Lisa and I live in WV! I love being outside in my flower beds and doing anything in dirt! I have 2 sons. One is 4 and the other is 16 months. My 4 year old has started to work with me in the flowers and I love it. I am not sure what else to put, but glad I found this forum.

Lisa Hurt
#275717 Apr 20th, 2009 at 09:32 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Welcome to the forum! wavy

Oh, I loved it when my son (now 13) used to "work" with me in the garden as a young toddler. I gave him an old spoon so he could dig and dig. He'd dig and pat, dig and pat and chatter away. Now he is an able gardener in his own right.

You live in a beautiful part of our country!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #275761 Apr 21st, 2009 at 06:31 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Cindy and Merme. I love WV! It seems to be the perfect spot for me. The mountains are beautiful and the animals and all the wild flowers that grow here. Could not ask for a better place! My son loves to dig the holes for me and he puts the potting soil in for me and pats. He even wants to know what some of my flowers were. He helped me pick them all out this year. I normally do not buy annuals, but he wanted pansy's, petunias, and verbenas. He thought they were pretty, so we got them and he is helping me plant them! I got myself 3 more climbing roses, tulips, hycinath and I have 6 mini roses coming and 3 carnations. I will be asking for help when they come. I had them before and they died on me. I also have a trumpet vine coming for my archway to attract hummingbirds!

Lisa Hurt
lisajonathan00 #275774 Apr 21st, 2009 at 07:59 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Lisa it all sounds very nice and quite fun too! Do you have a camera so you can show us pictures as your gardens progress?

I'm just learning how to use a digital camera and today my son is going to try to photograph our Easter Lilies as they are so lovely.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image