Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#276145 Apr 23rd, 2009 at 08:15 AM
jsk Offline OP
OP Offline
You were all very helpful last summer when I needed to repot a plant. Thanks. I now have another issue. I have both a green and a purple oxalis plant. I moved them from my grandmother's house to mine about 3 years ago. They are definitely not doing as nicely in my house as in hers. My purple plant is down to about 2 shoots and it used to have many more. The green one has about 10 shoots. I'm very careful about watering the plants. I water them about once a week and leave just a little water in the dish. Is this too much or too little? When I go back a week later, the dish is dry. Both get light but are not in direct sunlight. I've read that these plants often need some "down" time but how do I know the difference between "downtime" and dying? Any suggestions?

jsk #276308 Apr 23rd, 2009 at 06:30 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
When you notice none or few are coming up that is when you give them a rest. If you keep watering you will kill them. Since you said you are getting fewer and fewer leaves stop watering you can start to water when you see them coming up again.

Do what you can where you are with what you have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/
cinta #276474 Apr 24th, 2009 at 03:19 PM
jsk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I'll try that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image