Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
I just got back from town. it feels so good to have my errands out of the way!
I think I'll grab some lunch and then go do a little weeding in the garden.

OH!!! do some for me--it is beautiful outside here today---near 90--my poor neglected yard is calling out to me. I think my birthday money is going to go to hiring a person to come clean up my veggie & flower gardens. clap

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
now THAT sounds like a plan carol jean. I mean for you to hire someone, not for me to do it. ha ha
it is not so beautiful here today. I guess that is why I'm still hanging out at this computer and haven't made it outside yet to start that weed pulling. it is overcast and very still...which is kinda how I feel today.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Cricket---why not wait until after the next good good rain----thern the weeds should come out easier and totally, and no root system left means no new weeds, right??? thumbup

besides the computer is a good place to be.

________

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
the soil is pretty damp out there now. I finally made it out there and worked about 15-20 min. very little weed pulling though. I did my 'cover and choke' method for weeds. I noticed I have what looks like a watermelon seedling coming up where my onion seedlings are. I guess that watermelon seed was a forgotten about late sprouter? oh well, there's always room for one more, right.
the computer IS a good place to be carol. it is quit cozy here. our electricity blinked off a while ago. maybe there are some storms on the way already. they are not supposed to be here until tonight.

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
we have rain coming this way--and at some point supposedly a storm---but depending on which channel you are watching it could be tonight and it could not be until Sunday night----but then we will supposedly have several days of rain---

I hope the best for you---I do the cover method in my veggies garden---but I hand weed the flowers---well I do when I can

I am so glad to be here by the computer---I think I would go buggy without all of you to keep me company.... thumbup

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
howdy merme!
I hope your dialysis day was 'interesting' free.

still no rain yet here.

I have this bush...well several of the same kind on our property. it is in full bloom right now and smells up the whole area. it is wonderful smelling! I tried to root some small branches of it last year with no luck. I just can't root hard woods for some reason? they can't be all that different than taking a cutting from a plant in rooting it? I'd love to have more of them closer to the house. they get really big, but I bet they could be kept short with some work.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
What kind of bush is it, Cricket?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I don't know, merme? it grows naturally here. it's just loaded with honey bees too.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sorry, Cricket! My back was aching me and I just HAD to get out of the wheel chair for a bit. I actually fell asleep unintentionally.

Now I have dinner on and Maxi is still outside playing with buddies.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
that's ok, merme. I got a little sidetracked too.

the kids got home from school and they're are a couple of neighbor kids down too. they are swimming in the little one foot pool I got for the dogs! I just LOVE it when kids do kid things. especially stuff that they are technically 'a bit too old' for! they are having a ball in a pool that was probably meant for 4 yr olds. we have a 7,8,9,and 12 yr old out there!

I'm sorry your back is bothering you this evening.

I had to laugh at hubby. he just got home from work. a new job he just started today. he does construction and times have been really slow lately. he picked up this new job and the equipment he ran today he says is from the 50's. he was complaining about how is calves are hurting. he's used to running equipment that is all hand operated. (that is WHEN he has to run equipment. he normally supervises) then he got to talking about how this old machine wouldn't dig when it's in forward, how he has to dig in reverse, and how it won't stop! I was about falling out of my chair listening to him tell about this dinasour equipment. he was cracking me up!

Last edited by cricket; Apr 24th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cricket I love it when kids just act like kids and forget "the dignity of their years"! lol

Your husband sounds like he had a good time telling you of his working woes. I like it when guys lose themselves in the telling of a tale.

I've got coffee getting ready to be pressed. We had dinner and I ate a little too much, meaning I had my plate which is something I almost never do. But it was GOOD!

While I was digging for potatoes in the bag, looking for nice ones to bake, I found a GIGANTIC one in the bottom of the bag. I don't know how it escaped the graders. I put it in the oven with all the other normal sized ones. Maxi laughed when he saw that huge potato in there and I told him we would share it tomorrow for our breakfast. I'm betting there will be leftovers. Man, that thing is HUGE!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2k Posts
2k Posts
hello everyone

how you all doing...are you like me and keeping busy with the seedlings and all...

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Crazy Franny! I've missed you! Come back and stay!

kissie

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I have not seen the name Francine in quite a while. How the heck are you? can you stay for some coffee or tea?

a few months back I was talking to a friend of mine's dad that was visiting from Idaho. he could NOT believe the size of the potatoes sold in grocery stores down here. I said, but you are FROM Idaho? these are Idaho potatoes! he said he guessed they shipped out and sold all the big ones, cause he'd NEVER known a potato could GET that big!
what's funny is, I live near the Brenam-blue bell ice cream factory. I told him, how we 'eat all we can, and sell the rest' anyone else remember that slogan?

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
knock, knock.........?????
should I sweep, mop, and lock the doors to this c.h. for the evening? Or is there any one else out there tonight?

Cricket

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
There may be visits thru the night~ the coffee house is always open to those that want a cupa' in the middle of the night,, breakfast grin
but you can sweep up if you want to lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm here.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I miss Francine. What are you doing Francine that you can't hang with us? Remember us? We're the fun crowd.

We went to Darbi's 10th birthday party tonight. Time passes so quickly.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I miss Francine. What are you doing Francine that you can't hang with us? Remember us? We're the fun crowd.

We went to Darbi's 10th birthday party tonight. Time passes so quickly.

yeahhhhhhhh what Sheri said! thumbup

time does pass quickly doesn't it Sheri especially for us grandma's! So Francine you'd better get back here with us, time is atick'in [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
knock, knock.........?????
should I sweep, mop, and lock the doors to this c.h. for the evening? Or is there any one else out there tonight?

Gee cricket if ya wanna clean so badly, come on over, I could have plenty for ya to do--- lol bow

I just stopped by to say goodnight--

so sweet dreams to you all..... wavy

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Gnight Carol,, kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I anm here but just on my way to bed... been one of those days I just could not be awake... Mom was up at 6 so she ate early.. I went back to sleep till Carrie called at almost lunch time and asked me if I would keep boys this afternoon so she could have lunch with Jon... did- no school for them today- so boys next doors came over too and they amused themselves and I kind of dozed all day- still tired... think I need to change my vitamins or something- Joe's allergies are killing him today too- so may be it's that with me too who knows... boys are fighting them too...supposed to rain this weekend so hope it will knock the pollen levels down some.
Well I am still tired- so hitting my bed now... hopefully I will wake up tomorrow and feel more like myself.
OH yes my tulips are blooming now.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm first on here again. What's up with the universe?????

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning Sheri---I got up long ago but I had a shower and breakfast to attend to---now I am here----it is another beautiful day here.

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good morning Sheri and Carol,, I also got up early.
Cleaned the HB feeders and refilled, made breakfast, drank a pot of coffee, amended some soil for Dwight, planted more seeds, cloroxed the kitchen counters,, and now I'm ready for lunch lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good grief angelblossom! maybe nana could use some of the vitamins you are taking. maybe we all could.
I planned on sleeping in this morning, but woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. all I've done is cooked breakfast and threw in a load of laundry. I'm tired already.

Cricket

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good grief angelblossom! maybe nana could use some of the vitamins you are taking. maybe we all could.

I think it was the pot of coffee and the fact that I get up so early to go to work .
My body is used to being busy first thing in the morning ; it's when I have my best energy and do the most work , by afternoon I'm drained lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning.

Maxi & I are having a lazy sort of Saturday. In a little while we will light our grill. He has invited some friends to eat with us and we will put burgers, hot dogs and bbq chicken on the grill. Nothing fancy. BUT! It is the first cookout of the season and we are delighted!

Right now he and a buddy are playing video game and I have my nose in a book.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Merme do you have a charcoal grill or a gas grill? I love grilling out,, I came home from work the other day and fired mine up!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I fired up ours last Monday too Diane. I like grilling out. We buy Tyson chicken breasts that are individually wrapped so we can open what we need and put the rest in the frig. Since I'm a wierdo and won't eat frozen meat we have to eat them 2 or 3 times during the week that we buy them though. Johnny is a big eater so more often than not it's only 2 times. Oh yay, our grill is gas.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I have a question. Maybe I should start another post for it and maybe you don't want to tell me but how many of us are divorced?

if you are divorced, do you have contact with the ex and the ex's family?

We are going to the wedding this afternoon of Johnny's used to be wifes niece. I don't have a thing in the world against this girl and I like her mother but I don't care about going. It seems that we're always involved in his ex's families affairs. His ex, Cissy, dogs sit for us. His ex's sister calls Johnny (because she is divorced too) to change her well filters and work on her plumbing, his ex's nephew calls him with questions about cars or jobs or whatever all the time. We had Thanksgiving lunch at his ex's sisters house this past November. His ex's father calls him to meet for lunch. These people have always been nice to me but Johnny has family and I have family and I'm just plain worn out from dealing with all those people. I'm ready to cut the strings with these extra people.

Maybe I'm wrong and should think of it just as going to the wedding of a friends child. Plus Alexis and Tori, Johnnys grand children are in the wedding so why am I complaining. I don't know. I'm trying to talk myself into not being bothered by this.

What do you guys think?

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Unfortunately Johnny will always be connected with his ex's family,, #1 because of Children,, #2 because they respect him and like him and obviously respect and like you too which is a Big compliment to you thumbup because they want you to attend events too!
I think Dr. Phil would also say " you knew that going into the marriage " notme
A lot of people remain on good grounds with their ex's family and that's a good thing for the most part. This way there is obviously no hard feelings, and life goes on respectfully.
You can always opt out in going to events you're not obligated to go neither is Johnny, have you and Johnny discussed this on how much it bothers you?? why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'm not divorced so I really don't KNOW what that would be like. I think it would depend a lot on the people themselves. what kind of people they are and if you enjoy their company or not. It also sounds like maybe your just tired of being pulled in all directions, or having johnny pulled in all directions. sometimes life gets so busy you barely have time for your own family, not to mention your own extended family. it also sounds like johnny does way more for them than they do for him. not that anyone should 'keep score' but some people abuse it....give me, help me, loan me.

I got a few more errands done this morning. I have to get back out in a bit and pick up my son from a b-day party. I was hoping he would just spend the night or they could bring him back home. I hate getting out twice on a saturday! I'm getting more and more stuborn about that the older I get it seems.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I've been divorced TWICE. Yes, Yes, I know, I am stacking up EX's in the back yard like cord wood. lol

But in my opinion... it is far better when there isn't any involvement.

I have not seen or heard from EX #1 in 15 years, and I've been very happy with that. We had no children together. Once it was over, it was over, and there is no reason to remain "friends" - even with his sister & her husband whom I greatly admired.

With EX #2, we had Maxi. I would have far preferred never to see or speak to him and his Other again, but that hasn't been possible. It is VERY hard to maintain the proper balance between Necessary Barriers and Accessibility for Maxi's sake. So, I struggle and I rarely have peace of mind.

That being said, however, when my EX #2's girlfriends mother and father wanted to be as Grandmom and Granddad to Maxi, I gave my permission for it. My parents are both deceased; my EX's are unavailable, so the child would not have the input and relationship with the older generation. I told Maxi "you can never have too much love in your life, Maxi!" it is okay to have sort of adopted Grandparents who love you!" And they do love him and include him in things.

Yet if you are uncomfortable and stressed, you need to opt out as Diane suggested. You only have so much of you to spread around! And, I would be inclined to ask Johnny why he can't, seemingly, do as Afgrey said and "cut the strings"?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2k Posts
2k Posts
hi everyone,

of course i remember you all good people, you know why i all call you people ??... cause your gems!!..i believe there s a jewelry by that name...well you re my gems.

well i ve stoped working in august like some of you might remember..........and now i m slowly planting my tomatoes and cucumbers seed...today was very nice day for it , twas 30 c. i know by now i have to start feeding my roses but exept for chemicals...what else can i give them...

how you all doing, my apologies for not being here that often....but physio and all keeps me pretty busy...

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have an ex or two back in the wood pile. When you have children in common and then later, grandchildren it is very hard to cut the strings. This is all best hashed out between the two main characters involved. It will be different for each set of people involved.
I have opted out of some of John's family affairs in recent years. I am turning much more into a hermit in my old age. I have also truly enjoyed the time alone with Ted when he and Jonni were gone to these events. So it is all good.
So today we went out as a family and checked out the national cemetery where most of us will rest in peace eventually. A nice place for a family picnic (we didn't). John had some questions that he found answers for with the vet/volunteers that man the posts there. It was a nice outing. We stopped for food to go on the way home and now I am stuffed and need a nap.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Francine
hi everyone,

i know by now i have to start feeding my roses but exept for chemicals...what else can i give them...

how you all doing, my apologies for not being here that often....but physio and all keeps me pretty busy...

Hi ya Francine kissie I think we've all been busy and time just gets away from us,, Sure have missed you!
You can stir Epsom salt into the soil for your roses ~ that will promote blooms, and I sometimes cut banana peels small and place them in soil too,, for the potassium thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'm back from attempting to pick up my son from the b-day party. I get all the way over there and then they decided he could spend the night. A wasted trip on my second outting that I didn't even want to go on in the first place.
I planted my ginger plant in the ground when I got back. I potted it up and brought it in for the winter and am just now getting around to planting it again. it looked pathetic. then put off a new shoot from the roots. that new shoot looks very healthy. the old ones still straggly. I guess you are supposed to cut them back at some point?

Last edited by cricket; Apr 25th, 2009 at 02:51 PM.

Cricket

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Francine if you're still here,, I advised you on your roses above,, thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image