Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#276522 Apr 24th, 2009 at 05:58 PM
Klukwan Offline OP
OP Offline
Just looking around the internet and found this web site...great information. Glad to be a member! I live 22 miles north of Haines Alaska in a Tlingit villgae called Klukwan.....can't wait for mid May to get the garden going and look forward to talking with everyone.
Thanks Mike

It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt!
Klukwan #276525 Apr 24th, 2009 at 06:48 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Mike! Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found out!

I live on the coast of Maine and so, I too am waiting for mid-May to do such planting as I can this year. It is tough to wait!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #276527 Apr 24th, 2009 at 07:10 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hi Mike! Welcome!

I lived in Anchorage for 13 months way back in the mid-70's, and I met my husband there - he lived in Girdwood for 3 years working for the USGS. Funny thing is that I am from NY, and he is from NJ.

We both miss being there, but haven't had the opportunity to get back yet.
I miss all the beautiful fields of lupine and fireweed - such pretty colors. And of course all the wild blueberries - YUMMY!

Tell us a bit about what you like to grow?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Klukwan #276586 Apr 25th, 2009 at 07:34 AM
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Hi Mike!
Welcome to the board! My husband was born in Anchorage and lived there until he was 10 and his dad got moved to Pennsylvania. Our dream is to move to Alaska....we were looking in the Kenai Peninsula area and then I got pregnant with my daughter. Now we will most likely wait until my kids are through school to follow our dream. My husband's father is working in Bethel as a doctor now..I think he is glad to be able to go back soo often now.

Anyways, nice to meet you!

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image