Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
OUCH!....got my fingers slammed. nervous

....don't even remember what I was gonna say now? lol

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
#276781 Apr 25th, 2009 at 06:43 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
yum! cedar sticks and pine needles!
pass the marshmellows please. shots

Cricket

#276782 Apr 25th, 2009 at 06:44 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cedar water is good for Neon Tetras. I used to swim in a Cedar Lake in NJ... it turns your suit orange! lol Wouldn't eat anything cooked with cedar wood!

Maxi went to bed without closing the slider and I can't get to where it is. I wonder if it is okay to leave it open all night?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
#276792 Apr 25th, 2009 at 06:49 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, a sliding glass door afgrey.

To get to it I'd have to move a basket, our Easter lilies and bird cage and fan. OR, I could put my leg on, go outside, and shut it from out there... if he left the screen unlocked that is!

why

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Can't you wake him up and have him close it,,??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Merme where'd you go why did you go try to shut the slide door?? why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Since I'm really not strong enough to move all that stuff to get my chair close enough to the door, I put my leg back on and went outside. Fortunately, the screen wasn't locked! YAY! If I hadn't been able to do it from outside Mr. Maxi WOULD have been woken up because I did ask him to do it before he went to bed.

Mostly people do not lock up when they go out for just a little while but I'm not sure with all these new neighbors I don't know leaving the door open all night. It might be too tempting to some if they noticed it was open.

Our little town goes many years without violent crime but then last year we had TWO murders. Both were in-family crimes, but still. And both murderers were caught quickly. (A wife hired her out-of-state brother to come up and kill her husband -- they were both caught. A son came home from college & killed his whole family and he is now doing life without parole).

These are just uneasy times and Maxi and I are vulnerable, so I think Safe is Best.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I Agree safe is always Best! I'm glad you got that door shut! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Well Diane my friend, I am toddling off to bed now. I know it is early but I am so achy tonight... lots of walking today & running up and down the stairs. I wish I had the fixings for a Hot Toddy, but I don't. boohoo

Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Sleep Well Merme Gnight! wavy snooz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
did I miss everyone?

Merme, do you know which neighbor called 911? They're just nuts.

Francine, the store is on fire. Good grief.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Question. Wasn't there someone on our forum who had used big rocks to landscape their yard? They had creasted tiers. Even showed pictures? Did I make this up?

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
that doesn't sound familiar to me, sheri. but then again, I go for fairly long periods when I'm not on the forum.

glad you got that door shut merme. I would have just woken up the boy if it were me! ha ha

we had some wonderful unexpected company this evening. some friends we haven't seen in.....2-3 years. they stopped by on the way back from a car derby thing. they have about a dozen kids so they don't get out much, and we had lost phone numbers ect. the era of cell phones and changing cell phones makes it hard sometimes to stay in contact with those you don't see all time. it was SO good to see them again. we plan on getting together soon and cooking out and playing some horse shoes, and with all the kids they have, we'll probably play some baseball. they have an entire team in that minivan of thiers. ha ha.

Cricket

2k Posts
2k Posts
i m back, lost 1 building out of 3...cricket ...have you ever herd of DISLEXIA ...when you re in a rush...excuse me for no wining the spelling bee contest...:)... but thanks for the worry and everything s fine now..it s 2 am here and i m gonna go and see x snoring beauty and new c pap beauty( keith my hubby used to snore but he s got the c pap machine now...more like the sound of wind instead of the tractor sounds...hahah )

good night all !

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody!

It is very unusually warm here this morning. We got up, opened windows and doors and turned on all the fans. PHEW! Ice Age to Heat Wave in One Easy Step.

I had a rough night last night... too much discomfort to get to sleep and then when I finally did sleep, I had difficult dreams! Go figure.

I'm going to pop the leftover BBQ chicken in the oven with extra sauce and let it heat through. We also have that GIGANTIC leftover baked potato to share. It should me a YUMMY morning feast!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Merme. Back to your crazy neighbors. Do you know which neighbors called the fire department?

2k Posts
2k Posts

merme,

i saw best ask you about 911...omg...was it for you? what happened...by the way. how s maxi...say hi for me ..and maybe one of those days(maybe not now but this summer ) he ll be able to eat some of my candies...potato candies remember.

hope you r all fine.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes we are fine. The neighbor called 911 for my grill. It was just harassment.

TimeWarner had technical trouble today so for several hours we didn't have phone or internet! boohoo

Now we are back on but some of their other systems are still down & they aren't accepting payments until late this afternoon.

Maxi is antsy and wants the pc, so I have got to go for now. But I'll be back later!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sorry about the fire damage, frannie. and yes, I am very familiar with misplacing letters when I type. I've never won a spelling bee either. ha ha
I'll never forget the high school paper I wrote and failed because I spelled the word 'second' (secound) wrong in it about 10 times. It was a fantastic paper too! this was before spell check.
left over bbqd chicken sounds wonderful merme. I think we'll have left over chops.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi just left. His spring Break is really over. tears I'm going to miss him so much!

He wore his Eric Clapton t-shirt today. I took a photo & I hope it came out.

It feels as though a big thunder storm is heading our way. I gotta check the weather report.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good afternoon. I spent most of my day doing bits of this and that. But my laundry is done and my neighbor's yard is watered. I have played with their dog and had her here for most of the day to play with my dog. They are good buddies.
I have a pot roast with veggies keeping warm in the crock pot. My son is bathed and ready to head to school tomorrow.
It has been a relaxing day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Maxi just left. His spring Break is really over. tears I'm going to miss him so much!

It feels as though a big thunder storm is heading our way. I gotta check the weather report.

Merme

Well I'm glad he got to spend spring break with you and Proudly wearing His Eric Clapton shirt home,, * I Listen to Eric Clapton everyday on the way to work in the car Cd*
WE are getting rain everyday this week,, I was telling Shirley I hope it rains all it can before she gets here,, it may ruin our outings if it rains while she is here boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I played Wonderful Tonight for Maxi and he liked it! thumbup

Gee, I miss my kid.

Yes, I hope you have fine fine weather when Shirley is there.

A roast and vegetables sounds good.

I'm scrounging around the kitchen for something to have for dinner. I didn't plan ahead!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
We had Fried Chicken and red beans-n-rice good ol southern meal, I had a roast a week or so ago,,
It won't be long before I don't have to cook in the kitchen,, I'll be using the smoker for briskets and ribs really soon,, I usually do that very early on a sat around 5 am to get it going by 2 I'd put a whole chicken in the smoker so by 6 pm is everything done so tender it falls apart,, so them I don't have to cook meat thru the week.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Diane you need to post a "how to" for making Fried Chicken down in recipes. Mine never comes out right though I love the stuff!

Your smoker is an outdoor gadget? Sounds yummy and convenient!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Merme

I've got an Eric Clapton t-shirt too. I bought it at a concert in Charlotte in 1976. Love Eric. Not as much as Elvis of course.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sorry Sheri I am NOT an Elvis fan.

I'm going to go make a fried egg sandwich & coffee for my dinner. I just now finally figured out what I want.

I will be back!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yep it's an outdoor wood smoker made from an old hot water heater tank,, works awesome, Merme,, BTW I LOVE fried egg sandwiches!
Sheri we have a Store here called Forever Young records,, where you can still buy T shirts from concerts back in the day!,, Eric Clapton will be here the end of June! I wanna go soooooo bad,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
We've both liked Eric from the beginning so we go every time he comes to town. I'm more of a fan of his earlier music though. This sentimental stuff isn't for me.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I've never been to a Rock concert.

I also don't wear fan t-shirts because I'm no billboard. If a company would like to pay me for doing ads for them, I might consider it, but I'm not BUYING a Coke or a Nike or whathaveyou to wear!

Your smoker sounds wonderful. I don't know how to use one.

I decided on a fried egg & tomatoe sandwich and Sun Tea rather than coffee. It's pretty darn good!

Why don't you like Sentimental sentiments, Sheri?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm calling it a night.

Safe away home O palies mine, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Good thing I did not read this thread yesterday. AGHHH Food.. Woke up at one in the morning Sunday... sick sick sick... HAve not eaten a thing in over 24 hours. HAd a fever as well Must have caught some stomach bug. I think my fever broke in the middle of the night, last night. I had been freezing when I went to bed at 8 pm.. Or I should say went back to bed. thats all I did. sleep. Woke up roasting to death this morning. I never get sick.. This was awful.. I feel better but I still am not interested in food. nono

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hi Kim,,, There is a lot of 3 day sicknesses going around right now,, Take care of your self,, I hope you feel better as the day goes on kissie Drink a lot of liquids thumbup

~~
man It is pouring down rain, lighting, hail , high winds expected up to 50 miles an hour,, and tornado watch and it's 6:35 am. Now Who wants to drive to work with a tornado watch out zoink all par for the course living in Tx this time of year egad.
We need the rain really bad,,and it's supposed to rain thru Thurday. The first day or so the rain will not soak in to the ground it's been too dry here for too long,, after that tho the plants are going to soak it up happily grin
Shoot I'm watching the news and there are already 5 wrecks out there on the interstates I take to work egad I guess I'd better leave a 1/2 hour earlier to give my self time to work around those back up's, rolz
Every one have a good day wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everyone!

I so hope Diane had an uneventful drive to work today!

And Kim, I hope you are on the mend soon.

I'm getting a little nervous because my Saturday & Monday girl isn't here yet! yikes Monday is not the day of the week to foul up the schedule.... or not show.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope your Monday attendant shows up for you, Merme.
I am pet sitting for vacationing neighbors. So my day starts a little early as I walk the quarter mile to feed their dog and then walk her back to my house to spend most of the day with my dog. It is fun and gives a different dimension to my gay.
So off I go.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My Saturday & Monday girl called off duty today. So the agency sent another girl I know but haven't seen in a long time. She lives nearby so was here at 9 and because she knows me, she got right on a roll so missing that hour of help wasn't as disasterous as it might otherwise have been.

I'm off to shower and get ready to leave. See you all tonight.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
Went to sleep last night to a gentle rain and woke up this morning to 6 inches of snow and more coming down still- wet ..... sloppy snow... spring? only in the Rockies is this called spring.
Glad you got an attendant today that at least knows you and your routine too... Merme... Kim hope you get some rest and feel better soon,those bugs are sure no fun to live thru...
We got at least one sick boy too this week- Derek has a fever and is definitly not going to school today... so will have two of them this morning- guess I won't be grocery shopping this morning after all= between him being sick and the weather it will wait till later I guess... got to be soon ,,, out of yogurt and thats the only thing I can get Mom to eat if she won't eat anything else..
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My son has lived on yogurt and ensure type drinks for over half of his life, Nana. It is doable.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi ...
Yes we do ensure too... she will eat but is losing weight which I guess is normal for her at this point.
The snow has stopped now- and Derek went to school so we may go shopping after he is out at 11:30... it's still cold though- so we will play it by ear... it's 34* right now.
Nicoli is just vegging out right now.. watching spiderman again.....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image