Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
morning. barely still morning here.
I did some grocery shopping this morning. we were out of everything! we are stocked up now though. I am so excited to have a variety of food again I've already started supper. I have baked potatoes on the grill. and will be making some fish etouffee and some squash from the garden to go with it. oh and canned peaches for dessert.
merme sounds like things got to rolling along nicely for you this morning. hope the rest of your day goes well also.
i was feeling pretty slugish this weekend, so i'm trying to knock out some house cleaning today too.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Pinto Beans for us today......and Peanuts! And, no, we are NOT Vegetarian......anymore. I had Jalapeno cheese Mettwurst yesterday. German/Mexican Cuisine. My favorite!

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
is there anything that jalapeno cheese is NOT good on?

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
is there anything that jalapeno cheese is NOT good on?

I think I would keep it away from my eyes. nervous tears I'll stick with cucumbers. lol
Part of my day is done. I'm taking a quick breather before heading out to get my son from school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
yes, tina. 'peno's are no good for the eyes. ha ha
I'm just impressed with myself today! after about 3 days of loafing I'm finally feeling like doing something. supper is almost ready, the fridge is cleaned out, 4 loads of laundry done, shopping, beds made, dishes. and it's only 2pm. this week is state testing for the kidos, so there should be NO homework duty! wha-hoo.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Well as it turned out, I couldn't dialyze today after all. I spent an hour at the unit with them trying to get me on the machine & everything running right and it couldn't be done. Fortunately the doc was there and he came over and looked at my arm. His thought was to send me home, let the arm rest today and heal up and then I can go back tomorrow for the treatment.

Unfortunately, they had already given me the Hepburn (sp?) and so I spent an additional hour in the chair trying to clamp off the bleeding so I could leave.

They sent me home with ice packs for tonight and I'm to do hot compresses in the morning and hopefully everything will be a-okay tomorrow. But man, I hate dialyzing on Tuesdays AND I really dislike going all the way down there to that depressing unit three days in a row! I'm weary just thinking of it! And I really look forward to Tuesday & Thursday as my day off! boohoo

Nerne

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, that is sad, Merme. I am sorry they left you sore and achy.
I know how much John began to really dread the lab work and transfusions before he finally got his picc line. And occasional shots and blood draws had never bothered him before. He had really wanted a porta-cath but is not a good candidate for the surgery required. So we flush the picc with saline and heparin daily.
I am done for the day and done in as well. I hope my family will accept leftover pot roast and a salad for dinner because that is all I am offering.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
oh merme. I'm sorry for the way things turned out today. I know you dread it anyways, and now you have to go three days in a row. that stinks.
we are getting some much needed rain. I was just about to go out and work in the garden since my inside chore are done, but then here comes the rain. oh well. it will do the garden good and them weeds will still be out there tomorrow. waiting patiently for me....growing bigger so they are easier to grab!

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Cricket! wavy

Hi Tina! wavy

Rain is good.

So is leftover roast! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Thanks for all the well wishes guys! It seems food is still not important to me so far.
And I cant seem to finish a cup of coffee. Not even half. Just does not taste good.
Still feel kind of Puny like my dear mom used to say, Not a bunch of energy. I ended up having some noodle soup. and a tomato sandwich. Weird but thats all that sounds good.
But it seems small compared to what you go through all the time Merme. You are a very brave woman Merme! And you always have a kind word to all on here! Truly an inspiration! kissie luv

Last edited by Ditchy; Apr 27th, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
You are too kind, Kim!

I'm glad you are feeling at least a little less puny. Noodle soup & a tomatoe sandwich sounds good to me!

It might take time for the coffee urge to come back, though, so be prepared.

Do you enjoy tea at all?

I've always said that tea & toast will cure whatever ails me.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Weeding is what I have been doing. I was wrong earlier. I still had a little more umph left after a rest so I took my weedeater back out and have been working up a sweat. When I took a break from the vibrations on my poor bones I stopped and pulled weeds by hand that needed closer attention than a machine. Then back to whacking. I am only about a quarter done with the area I am working on. I might be able to get some more done tomorrow.
I am cooking up some potatoes to go with that leftover roast.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I fixed Johnny's favorite tonight; meatloaf and red potatoes. He's easy to please.

Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
PS Tina, whatever happened to your strawberry patch?

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Sheri! wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
hello everyone----On sunday when rod went grocery shopping i told him to pick out some food that he would enjoy cooking, as Valarie would not be here to cook for us this week--luckily she got 4 days work this week--

Tonight he fixed double cheesburgers/fries and large cokes (rallye's) haha

I always tell him what a good cook he is---- bop

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Only being truthful Merme! You are a special lady!
And yes Tea seems to taste better than coffee. My mom too used to say tea and tast was the cure for all!
:)
Now I have to go say Happy birthday to Sheri!!! flwr

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Kim I have said that about tea & toast so often that once my EX had a dream about it! lol

He dreamed I had turned into a little bird. He was sitting on our front steps and I hopped up to him and said Hi. He said "You've turned into a bird!" I replied "Just make me some tea & toast and that'll fix me right up!" haha

If I am well enough to eat, that's what they give me in the hospital too.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

can anyone tell me how often to water a jade plant[ small one thankyou

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Allow your Jade to get thoroughly dry before watering.

Don't be mislead by a copious dropping of leaves. This often occurs right before new growth.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
hello everyone----On sunday when rod went grocery shopping i told him to pick out some food that he would enjoy cooking, as Valarie would not be here to cook for us this week--luckily she got 4 days work this week--

Tonight he fixed double cheesburgers/fries and large cokes (rallye's) haha

I always tell him what a good cook he is---- bop

that sounds good to me. When you don't have to fix it yourself it's always better and everyone needs a double cheesburger once in a while.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sounds good to me too. I will probably be lunching out today. Now I'm going to crave a cheeseburger until I get one.
Today is a work day for me. Lots to do out there. It is overcast and cool, misty. Great working weather. It beats last weeks triple digits anyway.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning -
I got woken up this morning by the phone- Joe's boss calling for him to work overtime today- he is getting ready to go now--- Carrie will have to do the rest of them today....she is off so that won't be a problem... she was just not planning on it .
Since I am up now I got the coffee on , have some bananas that need turning into banana bread too- may make some of them into muffins too... it will be ready in just a few...
We still have a few patches of snow on the ground but it is supposed to get to 68* today... so I expect it will be all gone by the end of the day.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody ~

I'm getting ready to go to dialysis. I'm not too happy about going on my "day off", particularly since I will have to go again tomorrow.

boohoo

Okay, I'll stop bawling now.

lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

May I ask what you are going to dialysis for? If it is none of my business you can tell me that. Hope your day goes well today for everyone.

Lisa Hurt
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Dialysis is usually for people with renal (Kidney) failure, Lisa. I've been on it for 14 months. I go three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:15 to 5 (including transportation time).

By the way, if something is mentioned on the forum, it IS your business so don't be shy about asking for more info. If it were private, it wouldn't be mentioned on a public forum! thumbup

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme, I see I missed you---I hope you have as good a day as can be expected----

I hope you took a good book...

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well said Merme,,, welcome Lisa... I am Nana here- Sherri in "real" life... mostly cause I have 17 grandkids... some of who I watch most days before and after school - one all the time cause he isn't in school yet- next fall for him...
Got my banana bread done and cooling- Mom is napping downstairs so I am heaing for my bathtub... free time for me so I am taking a hot bath and relaxing a bit..then will start the rest of laundry ,house stuff... try to think of something for dinner tonight... getting tired of cooking same stuff again.
Nana

[Linked Image]
I just did not want you to think of me coming off as being nosy. I like to know who I talk to on here a little about them. Wow 14 months is a long time.
Wow that is a lot of grand kids! LOL My mom has 9 kids and only 4 grand kids, which a lot of her kids are still little, but wow! I can only imagine taking care of that many. I babysit 2-4 other kids during the day not including my own. So I have between 4-6 a day. I like my evenings with my children though. Z

Lisa Hurt
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
since you want to know, Lisa;

I am JunieGirl---my "real" name is Carol---Jean.
I have 2 girls, aged 29 & 23..I have no grandkids yet but have 4 grandpuppies, and 2 grandkitties. blush

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's11
Good Morning -
I got woken up this morning by the phone- Joe's boss calling for him to work overtime today- he is getting ready to go now--- Carrie will have to do the rest of them today....she is off so that won't be a problem... she was just not planning on it .
Since I am up now I got the coffee on , have some bananas that need turning into banana bread too- may make some of them into muffins too... it will be ready in just a few...
We still have a few patches of snow on the ground but it is supposed to get to 68* today... so I expect it will be all gone by the end of the day.
Nana

rest of what?

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
rest if the kids running to school... they go to school close to my house and have to be driven from their house.... Joe usually does it for her but since they called him into work today he could only do Joseph...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Have we heard from our Texas contingent this afternoon? Looks like there were some heavy duty rains and flooding in the Houston(?) area anyway. I just got in and only caught the last of the weather before John turned it to the history channel.
I'm thinking of Jimmy, Cricket and Diane. Any others that I forgot?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I heard from Diane today but I wasn't here to take the call! boohoo

I'm home again. It is HOT and Sultry out there today. The wind is really really FIERCE but it feels like it is blowing out of a furnace! I can't imagine where it is coming from because mostly we get cold Canadian air.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
thanks for explaining Nana.

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
No problem- sometimes I type faster than I can think.... or think faster than I type... or maybe it's both....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I found out what's been wrong with me. I think I mentioned one here that I went to the allergist while on spring break and got a bunch of medicine which has changed my life. The last 2 days I've been so sleepy though that it's been embarrasing at work. I thought maybe my thyroid was going crazy but tonight when I looked at my Singular it says to "take in the evening" and I've been taking it before work. I was given samples of Xytal (I think) that is an antihistamine which made me sleepy to I switched to another sample Astepro, thinking it was a steriod nasal spray. One of the side affects of it is somnolence. I came home from work and slept til 8 and I'm getting ready to go back to bed. I'm not going to take any medicine for a few days.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
One of the side affects of it is somnolence. I came home from work and slept til 8 and I'm getting ready to go back to bed. I'm not going to take any medicine for a few days.

So tell me, Sheri---will it be safe for you to just stop taking your meds, even if for only a few days????

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good evening all! Haven't had much chance to get on here the last day or so. Not much to report, just been working. It started raining again today while other parts of the country are getting summer weather. I'm so jealous, I want warm! That being said I haven't as cold as usual. I'm down to only one layer of comforter and only one shirt, although my pajamas are still long sleeved, long pants but I no longer need an additional long sleeve shirt. Tbe electric blanket has been done away with for about a month along with the space heater. I burned my finger in the oven tonight but loved my dinner. Tomorrow my new hummingbird feeder will be delivered and today I bought a hanger for it so I'm all prepared to put it up right away tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to make more nectar, that's okay I'll do it before going to bed. Aros and Joey both signed up for XBox Live and are totally addicted to it now. On Thursday I'll find out how I did in a writing contest and Friday the kids come back for the week.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image