Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#278980 May 7th, 2009 at 07:37 AM
NJ_Nan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there,

Just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello. I'm excited I found this forum and hope it helps as we get into the warm weather here in NJ.

I'm totally new to gardening, having always succumbed to the ready made planters that someone else did all the hard work on. But this year I am determined to do it myself!

I've started a small herb planter (yes, it did start out as a kit, I admit it!) and that seems to be thriving. And I've planted a few flowers outside, but I really want to get into the heart of this stuff! So I look forward to seeing what kind of tips I can pick up here. Thanks!

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hi Nancy - welcome to the forums!
You will get great information on all kinds of plants and gardening here, plus make many new friends.

I live in Rockland County, NY on the border of Mahwah, NJ - are you anywhere near there? I do a lot of garden shopping in NJ too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
NJ_Nan Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
I live in Rockland County, NY on the border of Mahwah, NJ - are you anywhere near there? I do a lot of garden shopping in NJ too.

Hi there,

Funny, I was just working in that area yesterday! I'm not terribly far from there, but in the more northwestern area of NJ, closer to the PA border. I'm in Morris County, NJ. Lots of great planting space, if I take the time to do it. But since I'm new, I'm starting small in pots and such. :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image