Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#279349 May 9th, 2009 at 04:14 PM
OP Offline
Hi, just found this site and you all seem to have a ton of knowledge! I'm wondering if you can help me out?

I've been looking to purchase a white anthurium plant since last October, but I cannot seem to find any. I live in Arizona, but I've looked all over the internet, too, and while I can find red ones for sale, I can't seem to find white ones!

Do you guys know of a good place I can look for a white anthurium plant? Thanks!

Anthurium #279376 May 9th, 2009 at 11:01 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
The Anthurium "Maunakea White" was the first one listed in a google search ,, Try goggling it .., sometimes it's all in the wording,, thumbup there is maunakea white and White Gemini,, both were listed.
Since it's a sub tropical plant it may be hard to find in your local nursery. However I imagine if you call a very reputable nursery in your area they may be able to point you in the right direction, :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #279521 May 10th, 2009 at 05:51 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts

"White Lady" is another cultivar produced by the University of Haiwaii and has only been available since 2000.

There are many on-line sources available for purchasing these lovely plants but be aware that these are most often sold as artificial or cut flowers so read the descriptions carefully!

Anthuriums have always been one of my favorite flowers since I was young and I can help out with care tips when you get yours, if you need any suggestions.

Welcome to the forum! wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #279570 May 10th, 2009 at 10:14 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by angelblossom
The Anthurium "Maunakea White" was the first one listed in a google search ,, Try goggling it .., sometimes it's all in the wording,, thumbup there is maunakea white and White Gemini,, both were listed.
Since it's a sub tropical plant it may be hard to find in your local nursery. However I imagine if you call a very reputable nursery in your area they may be able to point you in the right direction, :wink:

Haha, thank you! I had visited those sites (the Aloha one has some problem with their page - I get "Internal Sever Errors" and they don't respond to my emails), but most of the time I can't find actual plants, only cut flowers or artificial plants (like Merme mentioned). I've talked with about 15 nurseries in my area, but no luck yet!

Originally Posted by Merme

"White Lady" is another cultivar produced by the University of Haiwaii and has only been available since 2000.

There are many on-line sources available for purchasing these lovely plants but be aware that these are most often sold as artificial or cut flowers so read the descriptions carefully!

Anthuriums have always been one of my favorite flowers since I was young and I can help out with care tips when you get yours, if you need any suggestions.

Welcome to the forum! wavy

Merme

Thanks, Merme! Most of the White Anthuriums I've found on the internet are cut flowers or artificial, like you said! If I manage to find a plant, I'll let you guys know. :)

Anthurium #280073 May 13th, 2009 at 10:56 AM
check with your local florist they may be able to oder it for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,920
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image