Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Elises Offline OP
OP Offline
I got a 30 year old Jade plant free last night and on the way home one large branch broke which I then placed in rooting powder and soil. My problem is this plant is huge given the age but the previous owner never staked it or gave it any support so I do not know what my best options are right now it is a twisted heavy mess. These branches are so heavy and yet to try and stake it as is for support seems it may be dangerous due to the risk of breaking branches. Please any help or ideas would be highly appreciated. Honestly I fear I may have to clip some of those large branched areas and try to root them. Thank you in advance for any information I will check back later.
Best wishes
and kind regards
Elise

Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
you did the right thing with the branch that broke off - i'd have let it sit in the air to dry out and callous over a bit before putting it in the soil, though.

as for the main plant, the branches can become overwhelming to the plant if it's never been pruned. you might be able to do some pruning back of, rather than removing, branches.

can you post a few pics of it? from different angles...

Zone 6b

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image