Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

It's a beautiful day here on the coast. I hope it is where you are also!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is a little bit of a slow morning for me. I slept well but the morning fog has crept into my bones. I will be taking off to drop my son at school here soon and then off to work for me. By the time I get there I will be warmed up and ready to go. I love my job. I only work enough so I still love it at the end of the day or week or whatever. I come away feeling satisfied and fulfilled. Those are the best kind of jobs.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm glad you love your job Tina and it's good to know that you're sleeping well. I think about you often during the day.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Gosh today is such a lovely, cool & breezy day that while I was out running errands this morning I didn't want to come home! My girl said "Road Trip!" and we both laughed.

A busy day but a good one.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
it is beautiful here too, Merme. warm and sunny, not hot & sticky.---

I am glad you had a nice time out.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My girl helped me go through a few boxes of crazy miscellaneous stuff that someone stashed along the way. We got rid of a bunch of junk and put other things away in their right places. Now I am a happy me.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good deal, merme. I know how having stuff in the wrong place is.---

when i first got sick this last time, my mom & sister came in and began to clean a bit in my kitchen,dineing room. & living room. and I am still trying to find stuff...........
now I can understnd why they might have taken stuff off of counters & such and stuffed them into places--but why they re-arranged my cabinets to suit them I still do not know.---there are things I used all the time that I am still looking for.---I did however re-arrange the spice cabinet to suit me. clap

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
ouch, how troublesome for you, Carol Jean! I can't stand it when my girls rearrange anything in my cabinets! yikes

I got so cold this afternoon and finally realized I was also hungry, I had to have some soup. Now I'm full and toasty warm and can finally concentrate on the book I'm wanting to read.

I hate being both cold and hungry.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am home and the sofa is looking like it needs someone to nap on it.
Good day at work. I told the business owners (my friends) about John's passing. But I guess the word didn't filter down from Puerto Rico because I had to tell our friends at work too. Then I got my Mother's Day gift of new tires all around for my car. I went to the bank and then picked my son up from school. He is not a well child. So no telling about what that is going to do to my plans the next few days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
my son has been sick the last two days also, tina. some kind of stomach virus I guess.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Geez, I hate to hear of your boys being sick, Tina & Cricket! I hope they all perk up soon.

Cricket the other day you mentioned eating saltines & butter. I do the same thing! lol People around here think I'm crazy but I really enjoy that. I also like Steamed Saltines.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
steamed saltines? don't they get soggy?

I almost didn't admit to the saltines and butter. most people see me do that think I'm disgusting.

yea, I really hope he gets better soon. he's boarderline failing two classes and he really needs to be at school. the last time he threw up was at 3 this afternoon. he hasn't eaten much and wants popcorn now. I told him to go slow and stop the minute it makes him feel sick again....if it does.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes of course Steamed Saltines get soggy; they are steamed! lol But they are yummy with butter & pepper as a side dish.

Popcorn can be fairly bland and might stay down okay for him. I'd just be concerned about the amount of butter it has as fat can be tough on a sick digestive system.

I started a thread in Hobbies about reading in case you want to contribute what you guys are working on.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
I started a thread in Hobbies about reading in case you want to contribute what you guys are working on.

Merme

oh geez, that reminds me, the book I've been reading to the kidos we need to finish up. we only have a few more chapters. things got so crazy with hubby being in the hospital we have gotten off track. I'll go check it out merme.

soggy crackers with pepper and butter....???.... uhuhh.... lol

well, the sick boy kept down a small amt of popcorn and is now arguing with his sister. that's a good sign. thumbup

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
well, the sick boy kept down a small amt of popcorn and is now arguing with his sister. that's a good sign. thumbup

why

Well, he's either feeling good enough to fight or feeling bad enough to be cranky! lol

I'm glad the popcorn stayed put.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
the popcorn stayed put, but he has been sleeping ever since. he's still a sick boy.

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorry, Cricket. I hope the sleep does him some good.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hey there, Afgrey. wavy It is good to see you on. Reading back isn't required!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
No, but foreign languages might be useful... especially if you speak Forum Code or Alien! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
showing up is 90% of it, right?

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
lol

I'm not a COMPLETE idiot, either, Afgrey, so I'd say about 70% of me is here...

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Wow, I'm in the money! I got 200 points in one fell swoop! YAY!

kissie

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good eveniong everyone--Tina, cricket--I am so sorry that the boys are sick--I hope they feel better soon.

Merme have you posted how Maxi is doing?? I must go check out his thread soon and see.

Cindy---I did not get the "punchline" from above, and I tried several times----oh well, no one has ever acused me so being exrtra intelligent..... rolz

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Carol... the punchline is in the math and in the expression "complete idiot". I said I'm NOT a "complete" (100%) idiot... I'm only 70% here....

Now Afgrey, points like that SHOULD be redeemable for something!!!

Merme *wanting a pat on her pointy little head*

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme bless you for patiently explaining to me what should of been obvious to me----

I am here yawning----I think it is too early for that-----

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
as I am tired and no one seems to be around I think I will call it a day and go to sleep----Sweet dreams to you all.... snooz

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well here I am after all---it seems while being in the recliner is far batter for my back, I could not go to sleep in it. why

I am so sorry for your knee (what did you do dear)

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am just popping in to say good night. I think my son will stay home from school tomorrow. I hope he sleeps soon. He doesn't usually nap like he did today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning everyone---I just wanterd to pop in and let you all know that all day we are going to have scattered storms and then tonight we are supposed to have severe storms--so I may well not be around much if at all.

Tina---Cricket--I hope your boys are feeling better today.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody!

Stay safe in the storms today, Carol Jean.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Dang I missed another one. I cannot seem to keep up with you gals and the coffee house! LOL
Well a cloudy day here, 55 degrees right now.. Off to work out.
Looks like it might be a clean the house day since its not sunny. ITs michigan, weather changes in a minute! HAve a super day ladies! clap flwr

[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning allo,
Its a fast in and out this morning- just finished a batch of pancake making and fed the boys breakfast ... except for Nicoli- he arrived asleep and is still asleep...
Joe went off to work- Carrie had to take Joseph as it's his late day... always a rush for her to get the little ones dressed and here before she has to take him-- then go home and get ready for work herself...
Well off to do the school run- have a good morning all
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I would love to share some of my expected heat this week with the needy. I did decide to keep Teddy home today just based on his color alone. He is washed out pale. But behaving normally well. If all goes well today, he will be back in school tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hope your children are ok. And I'm so happy that you even care about your children. I'm so mad I could spit. I think there should be a law that requires people to take care of their children. A law that says if your childs school doesn't have a number where you can be reached then your priviledges to use your cell phone or get your hair done or get your nails done or hang around at the mall or watch your story will be revoked. At this moment there are 2 students at this school who need to go home but we don't have numbers for their parents and their emergency contacts don't know who these students are. We have a 5th grade girl who has had what I think is a UTI for a month, who I've been sending notes home to mom with because we can't get her on the phone, who is back in the health room today because mom is a lazy [BLEEP] and won't take her to the doctor. I finally found out today that mom is working at Hardees and had an interpreter call her and tell her I'm calling DSS. This child has Medicaid so it's not money directly out of her pocket. Mom had to the nerve to say she'd take her to the ER tonight. I told mom she'd be in DSS custody by tonight (which is of course a big, fat lie) and mom is on the way here now. I just may punch her out. So you've got a bad situation at home - a lot of us do and you made your bed now take care of it. I don't feel a bit sorry for these parents. They've got a cell phone. The school needs the number. And if all that doesn't take the cake (I like to eat don't mess with my cake) a man just came in saying he wants to register his 4 children ages 10,8,7,5. What school are you transferring from we ask. No school. Are you just here from Mexico then? No, we've lived in Monroe 5 months. It's against the law in the US not to send your children to school we say. And he says "well my wife had a baby yesterday and doesn't want to have the other children at home while she rests." We have 19 days left. I want to call the police.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Sheri. These are such frustrating stories you tell. I too would want to call dss or the police or whatever to get the parents to PARENT!
Please don't punch anyone, tough. Why do damage to yourself as well and remove your abilities to help anyone? I agree with the emotion behind the urge though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
If I thought these people were just plain stupid and poor, like I believed when I first went to work at the HD, I'd have a different attitude. But when they have nail tips and their hair in a "do" and their cell phone to their ear every time I see them, I know they're not so poor that they're at work and will get fired if they leave their job. They're just plain lazy.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh my goodness that story is awful----I am so sorry for you but I think I am more sorry for theses kids.
about teh money situation.--

I am willing to bet there is not money---"to take the kids to the Dr with that is, or spend on the kids"...they need all their money to make sure they cam make their beauty appointments and pay their cell bills with.

and golly isnt school just a free babysitting service??---I am assuming that at least the last man thought so-----

My sympathies to you--but i am glad that you are there to help those kids--

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
It is really sad when people do for themselves and ignore their kids- especially for medical stuff- could impact that little girl's life forever ignoring a UTI, could be evidence of sexual abuse too- you never know... the ones that bug me are the ones with food stamps but they have huge new cars.. cells in the latest style and their kids are filthy.....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everybody!

I'm home now. I'm starving and tired, so I think I am going to scrounge up something quick to eat and then hit the couch to read my book.

I'll probably be back around later.

wavy

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

neener

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image