Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#281339 May 22nd, 2009 at 08:37 AM
OP Offline
Hello to all those rose Grower Gurus - I have purchased Merit 75 WSP to use in my rose garden as I had terrible insect problems last year. I understand that I need to mix 1/2 teaspoon in 5 gallons of water and drench or inject (I don't have an injecting device) the soil. My questions are how much of this solution I should use per rose bush (average to large size), when to apply and do I need to repeat the applications, if so how often. Any expert opinion on this will be greatly appreciated. I am in Central Ohio and some of the roses are just beginning to flower and others are still small buds. Thanks a million.

Gardenpath #281365 May 22nd, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Gardenpath
Hello to all those rose Grower Gurus - I have purchased Merit 75 WSP to use in my rose garden as I had terrible insect problems last year. I understand that I need to mix 1/2 teaspoon in 5 gallons of water and drench or inject (I don't have an injecting device) the soil.

1/2 teaspoon of what????

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #281376 May 22nd, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
The Merit 75 WSP they purchased to use...I would assume why right?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #281388 May 22nd, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
your right, I have no idea where my brain was--- blush

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Gardenpath #282288 May 28th, 2009 at 04:04 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Gardenpath
Hello to all those Rose Grower Gurus - I have purchased Merit 75 WSP to use in my rose garden as I had terrible insect problems last year. I understand that I need to mix 1/2 teaspoon in 5 gallons of water and drench or inject (I don't have an injecting device) the soil. My questions are how much of this solution I should use per rose bush (average to large size), when to apply and do I need to repeat the applications, if so how often. Any expert opinion on this will be greatly appreciated. I am in Central Ohio and some of the roses are just beginning to flower and others are still small buds. Thanks a million.

I did a little reading on this product,, it's a very strong chemical nervous and should have came with explicit instructions,, From what I read on the internet one should be very careful with this product,, after drenching the soil one shouldn't go in the area for 12 hours nor should animals be around it for 24 hours after it has dried, I would think with something that strong it wouldn't have to be administered but a couple of times a season,, I found nothing on the frequency of use. why
~

I only use organic products on roses such as neem oil,, and plant basil and marigolds around my roses to deter aphids,, neem oil sprayed on roses in the morning before the suns heat of the day will help prevert black spot and other insects,, there is also an organic product called rose defense by Green light, to be sprayed on roses every 14 days until all signs of insects and black spot are gone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,877
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image