Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy hi merme. you posted the same time i did! and since i'm only hit and miss on tonight (looking up tick info) i didn't see you! sorry.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Originally Posted by jonni13
When we were leaving the cemetery a few weeks ago (when John was scoping it out and making his final decisions), I teased John about choosing to be interred in the wall so I couldn't dance on his grave. He got a kick out of that. So whatever you make up about me can't be much worse than some of my own crazy ideas.


I don't think it's crazy ideas, I think you were there holding his hand when he needed it the most! thumbup

So, I missed Jiff! tapfoot......and Merme???

anyone still around?

anyone doing anything exciting for the long weekend?
were planning on bbqing maybe some shrimp, and veggie (from the garden) cabobs.


Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Oh and if you guys are really wanting to spread rumors about someone.....I could offer myself up. idea
sssshhhhh.....don't tell anybody.....(but I'm turning 40 here in the next week) yikes egad
I could use some cheering up! boohoo


Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Ohhh, Cricket. i loved 40. I had a baby at 40 and another at 43. That is not old at all.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Originally Posted by jonni13
Ohhh, Cricket. i loved 40. I had a baby at 40 and another at 43. That is not old at all.


kissie


Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 566
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 566
Sheri Its a huge amusement park in Sandusky Ohio. Right on Lake Erie. Really great Theme park.
My inner child needs a fix. haha


[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 23,310
I'm back for a few minutes, Cricket.

40 isn't so bad. When I turned 40, I was a happy new mom of a soon-to-be 1 year old and life was suddenly very BUSY! On second thought, I may not have had much time to think of 40. lol


Merme


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,563
maybe I have TOO much time to think.
I just feel like 'RUNNING'! *cricket says that in her very best Forrest Gump voice*
I'm about to get a quick bite and head off to bed.
night night.


Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,032
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,032
Likes: 38
Originally Posted by cricket

sssshhhhh.....don't tell anybody.....(but I'm turning 40 here in the next week) yikes egad

Cricket......
OH MY goodness----40??? How I wish I was turning 40 !!! that was back 17 years ago, back in 1992---I was a thinner, healthier me back then too---- :wink:


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Tina, John had the best attitude - must have had a great life. So you had 2 children after 40. And people think 40 is old :wink: Only 20 year olds right? Many of my friends start talking about having another child after they reach their 40's but I have never thought of that. I think I'm too selfish. I like being able to do my own thing and take naps.

Cricket, you know we won't say a word about your turning 40. You can trust us to keep your secret.



Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,032
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,032
Likes: 38
Originally Posted by jonni13
When we were leaving the cemetery a few weeks ago (when John was scoping it out and making his final decisions), I teased John about choosing to be interred in the wall so I couldn't dance on his grave. He got a kick out of that. So whatever you make up about me can't be much worse than some of my own crazy ideas.


it sounds like you and John had a very good and loving relationship, Tina---You can take comfort in that. You were/are one lucky lady to have found such a remarkable man-- grin



[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
You're right about that Carol Jean. I work with a friend, worked with her at the Health Department too, who has been married twice now and divorced twice. (I wore a grass skirt and water bra to her last wedding but that's another story). She just told me yesterday that she's in love with a man she met online. She's seen him once. He is married and has children. She has 2 children but is so lonely that she's willing to settle for almost anything. It's really a blessing to find someone to share a life with. (don't tell my husband I called him a blessing)



Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
Thank you Carol. I am/was a normal wife, half the time wanting take a frying pan to him for stomping muddy feet across my newly cleaned floor. I know he had a hammer in mind with my name on it on occasion. We had the normal ups and downs that come with 20 years of trying to live together.
Today I get to run around and take care of a little more business. I am going to work as well. Then I am looking forward to the long weekend ahead. The weather is not to go above mid 80's for the next week. All is well here.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
"I know he had a hammer in mind with my name on it on occasion."


I hear ya girl. That's called love.



Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,032
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,032
Likes: 38
Originally Posted by Bestofour
"I know he had a hammer in mind with my name on it on occasion."


I hear ya girl. That's called love.


OH--OK--I will try to remember that-- lol

ya know sheri--I know I rag on poor Rodney a lot--but hey I love him or I would not be here yet.--and I know I am lucky, there are many that have real problems.

Tina, you are welocme. I think all relationships have their ups & downs---it is how one deals with those ups & downs that makes a difference, dont ya think??


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,786
Morning ....
I just fed the two school age boys- the little one stayed home with Joseph who doesn't have school today- we are early today cause Carrie (after working till midnight) is going to a graduation for one of her carry-outs girlfriends... I think she is nuts but at least she is off today- I will do the school running this morning ..then home to figure out bills an such.... always fun.
Well got to get Mom eating too and get ready to start the trek to school... back soon after bills get paid.....
Nana


[Linked Image]
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Nana, pay some of my bills while you're at it please.


Carol Jean, you're right. It's how people deal with stuff. I'm convinced that if people had more money, like athletes and movie stars, there'd be a lot more divorces and breakups. Normal people find ways to work things out because they can't afford or don't want to afford breaking up. Personally, I think it's a better way. If I got divorced everytime someone made me mad I wouldn't be able to remember my last name by now.



Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,255
Likes: 33
I am going to close this Coffee House and I'm not going to tell my secret. I promised I wouldn't tell it and I'm not going to tell it on this Coffee House.



Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,551
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1