Rate Thread
#282061 May 26th, 2009 at 06:39 PM
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
I wonder whats going on. The plants are growing nicely, but some in one area have these leaves that look a bit crinkled and shrively, No brown cannot see anything but HELP . I dont want whatever is getting to them to get to the rest. Whats a good general insecticide? I really do not like using heavy duty stuff if I can help it, cause I feed hummers. Any suggestions?

[Linked Image]
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Insecticidal soap? Homemade or commercial. I had the same thing on some of mine a few weeks ago. I did see some teeny red bugs and correlated that with the "problem" plants. No idea what the bug was, though. The damage didn't seem to spread to very many.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Thanks for answering Marica. ITs true it is only on a few, But I hate to think it will spread. Most in another garden are gorgeous, foliage a plenty. These are two in the front by the front door. I boughts liquid sevens. Could not find anything else. I dont see any further damage. I am not thrilled with using any chemical, but we live on the river and ina VERY buggy wooded area. I always wory about things getting started eating my plants. nervous

[Linked Image]
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Why is it always the ones up front that the pests pick on?? Good luck! I'm seeing a little more spread, but not anything I'm going to worry about.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image