Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#282533 May 29th, 2009 at 11:13 AM
OP Offline
With summer looming in on us, I thought y'all might like to try this. We've been making this for several years now when we go camping (supplies store easily) and have made it at home with all the little kids too.

Ice Cream In A Baggie

1 T Sugar
1/2 c Half-n-Half
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1/2 c Rock Salt
Ice
1 Pint Size Ziploc Bag
1 Gallon Size Ziploc Bag

Combine sugar, half-n-half, and vanilla in the pint size bag and seal tightly.
Combine the ice and rock salt in the large bag. Place the small bag into the large bag and seal. Shake the bag until the mixture turns into ice cream!
This will take about 5 minutes. (You may want to wear gloves cuz this gets really cold ) Add sprinkles, candy, nuts, or fruit and enjoy!

We have also put a double portion into a small metal coffeecan with a lid, then placed that inside a larger coffeecan we filled with ice and rock salt. We let the kids roll it back and forth to each other till it was done. This is lots of COOL fun on a hot afternoon. And you can give the kids a spoon and let em eat right from the baggie.

atokadawn #282541 May 29th, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Thank you for posting this!! Sounds simple and wonderful!

I just recently heard about this from someone ese, one of my friends, and now can't remember which one! So thanks. I will be doing a copy/paste of this and putting it into my file.

When you start, can you add fruit or chocolate and nuts etc. then turn it into ice cream? Or do you have to make it plain, then add stuff afterwards?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #282577 May 29th, 2009 at 03:06 PM
OP Offline
We always did it plain and added topping after. Will have to try it with the fruit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image