Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#282561 May 29th, 2009 at 01:13 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
this is what's in the bluebird house

[Linked Image]


I was able to get the picture because no one buzzed my head. After I took the shot I walked away and stood for a while and didn't see mom or dad. But...I didn't hear or see any birds of any kind. Lizzy has not brought up any prey lately. If mom has disappeared will dad abandon the nest?

I haven't visited the nest since the 17th or 18th.



Bestofour #282573 May 29th, 2009 at 02:05 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
They're probably ok. Just continue to watch the nest.


[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #282692 May 29th, 2009 at 06:09 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
ok. hope so.



Bestofour #283369 May 30th, 2009 at 07:50 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
mom is there.



Bestofour #283400 May 30th, 2009 at 08:41 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
Eggs are fine then and you shall soon have more babies!

As the mandolins play, "Speak Softly Love", Thornius says , "Congratulations, Godmother! You must give them an offer they CAN'T refuse."


[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #283416 May 30th, 2009 at 09:01 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
I had no idea mom would lay eggs again so soon.

My mother has blue birds in a little wren house. She says the mom and dad are so big they can barely fit through the tiny opening to feed the babies. They think there were 5 eggs but that only 3 hatched. Possibly because the space is so tiny? I don't now.



Bestofour #283956 Jun 2nd, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
is this a mockingbird. Bad picture but it was almost dark?

[Linked Image]



Bestofour #284026 Jun 3rd, 2009 at 05:24 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Thats a nice photo tho..
Thorn

Darkish is cool too.

thanks for sharing..

My stupid computer isnt letting me up load.. I have a few maybe later.



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284063 Jun 3rd, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
is it a mockingbird?



Bestofour #284064 Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
Why Yes, Yes it IS a Mockingbird! I thought I had posted my reply and I see I haven't.


[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #284066 Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
thank you. I thought you had posted your reply too but see you didn't.



Thornius #284073 Jun 3rd, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Who is this commoner??

His head goes way around.

[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284077 Jun 3rd, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284281 Jun 4th, 2009 at 06:18 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
gosh the bluebird is so pretty. Did you figure out what type is the firt one?



Bestofour #284296 Jun 4th, 2009 at 06:39 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Some one told me it was female cowbird.

Menace


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284302 Jun 4th, 2009 at 06:46 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
I looked it up and it sort of does look like that.



Bestofour #284308 Jun 4th, 2009 at 06:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
It been raining all week, havnt had much bird time .LOL
Mowed and swept the whole lawn today. It was so tall.

i have a sweeper I pull behind me and it catches it all. Wow is wet grass heavy.



[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284379 Jun 5th, 2009 at 08:52 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
do you put the grass clippings in your garden?



Bestofour #284385 Jun 5th, 2009 at 09:39 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
No i did some time.. either cows eat it or I think maybe compose pit will do ..

Never tried it.
My neighbor did hers like that, I dont wanna be her copy cat.. I did it other years but it gets soggy wet and isnt much good for tomatoes riping.

b

She is a richy widow and likes everyones men to do her work.. I keep mine away.

She thinks they should.......
ha

Last edited by dodge; Jun 5th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284389 Jun 5th, 2009 at 09:55 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
I read that grass clippings are good for keeping weeds out of the garden. I've never done it. We leave ours on the grass.



dodge #284403 Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
Originally Posted by dodge
No i did some time.. either cows eat it or I think maybe compose pit will do ..

Never tried it.
My neighbor did hers like that, I dont wanna be her copy cat.. I did it other years but it gets soggy wet and isnt much good for tomatoes riping.

b

She is a richy widow and likes everyones men to do her work.. I keep mine away.

She thinks they should.......
ha


A rich Widder woman you say? grin :wink: thumbup


[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #284410 Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Thorn is trying to move next door to me>>LOL


First she was a NUN...........in a monestary........
Then she married the divorced neighbor , who has about 7 illginimate(Misspelled0
Children from 7 different women.

However she ended up him dying and leaving the whole farm to her . A once new home and Rents another , plus royalities from a gas well.
ANd her own schoolteachers pension, and social security......

It all adds up to $$$$$$$$$$

You have to wash off your shoes to get indoors. White carpets thru out .

And work like the devil for her..
Her man used to tell us (he died) she kept bringing work from school for him to do......He also did carpenter work and was a foreman a the mill.
Stole as much as he worked..

No you go get her Thorn..

devil devil


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284412 Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
I like a man that will work and if I can get one to do all my work I will. notme Unfortunately Johnny likes a woman who will work kissie

and yes, I am a widder woman. tears would like to be a thinner woman but I like food.


Thornius, what kind of bird is dodges bird?



Bestofour #284414 Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
nono

Sheri

Do me a favor and stop for a Bottle of wine on the way home.
Finish it before you go into the house..

Have a great weekend and summer.

Some are here an summer there............ lol lol yikes


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #284416 Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
you old sew and sow.




Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,567
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1