#282561
May 29th, 2009 at 01:13 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
this is what's in the bluebird house ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/365681330.jpg) I was able to get the picture because no one buzzed my head. After I took the shot I walked away and stood for a while and didn't see mom or dad. But...I didn't hear or see any birds of any kind. Lizzy has not brought up any prey lately. If mom has disappeared will dad abandon the nest? I haven't visited the nest since the 17th or 18th.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
|
|
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521 |
They're probably ok. Just continue to watch the nest.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/thorny.gif) Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes.. EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
|
|
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521 |
Eggs are fine then and you shall soon have more babies!
As the mandolins play, "Speak Softly Love", Thornius says , "Congratulations, Godmother! You must give them an offer they CAN'T refuse."
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/thorny.gif) Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes.. EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
I had no idea mom would lay eggs again so soon.
My mother has blue birds in a little wren house. She says the mom and dad are so big they can barely fit through the tiny opening to feed the babies. They think there were 5 eggs but that only 3 hatched. Possibly because the space is so tiny? I don't now.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
is this a mockingbird. Bad picture but it was almost dark? ![[Linked Image]](https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/21974074/366051839.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Thats a nice photo tho.. Thorn
Darkish is cool too.
thanks for sharing..
My stupid computer isnt letting me up load.. I have a few maybe later.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
|
|
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521 |
Why Yes, Yes it IS a Mockingbird! I thought I had posted my reply and I see I haven't.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/thorny.gif) Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes.. EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
thank you. I thought you had posted your reply too but see you didn't.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Who is this commoner?? His head goes way around. ![[Linked Image]](http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/Racetowom/2009%20%20jan%201/oneleg.jpg)
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
gosh the bluebird is so pretty. Did you figure out what type is the firt one?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Some one told me it was female cowbird.
Menace
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
I looked it up and it sort of does look like that.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
It been raining all week, havnt had much bird time .LOL Mowed and swept the whole lawn today. It was so tall.
i have a sweeper I pull behind me and it catches it all. Wow is wet grass heavy.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
do you put the grass clippings in your garden?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
No i did some time.. either cows eat it or I think maybe compose pit will do ..
Never tried it. My neighbor did hers like that, I dont wanna be her copy cat.. I did it other years but it gets soggy wet and isnt much good for tomatoes riping.
b
She is a richy widow and likes everyones men to do her work.. I keep mine away.
She thinks they should....... ha
Last edited by dodge; Jun 5th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
I read that grass clippings are good for keeping weeds out of the garden. I've never done it. We leave ours on the grass.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521
The Bird Man
|
|
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 6,521 |
No i did some time.. either cows eat it or I think maybe compose pit will do ..
Never tried it. My neighbor did hers like that, I dont wanna be her copy cat.. I did it other years but it gets soggy wet and isnt much good for tomatoes riping.
b
She is a richy widow and likes everyones men to do her work.. I keep mine away.
She thinks they should....... ha A rich Widder woman you say?  :wink:
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/thorny.gif) Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes.. EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
Thorn is trying to move next door to me>>LOL First she was a NUN...........in a monestary........ Then she married the divorced neighbor , who has about 7 illginimate(Misspelled0 Children from 7 different women. However she ended up him dying and leaving the whole farm to her . A once new home and Rents another , plus royalities from a gas well. ANd her own schoolteachers pension, and social security...... It all adds up to $$$$$$$$$$ You have to wash off your shoes to get indoors. White carpets thru out . And work like the devil for her.. Her man used to tell us (he died) she kept bringing work from school for him to do......He also did carpenter work and was a foreman a the mill. Stole as much as he worked.. No you go get her Thorn.. 
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
I like a man that will work and if I can get one to do all my work I will.  Unfortunately Johnny likes a woman who will work  and yes, I am a widder woman.  would like to be a thinner woman but I like food. Thornius, what kind of bird is dodges bird?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848
Hot Rod
|
|
Hot Rod
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,848 |
 Sheri Do me a favor and stop for a Bottle of wine on the way home. Finish it before you go into the house.. Have a great weekend and summer. Some are here an summer there............ 
![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/dodge.gif) ![[Linked Image]](//www.agardenersforum.com/images/graphics/buttons/gardenhelper.jpg) PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33
Patriot
|
|
Patriot
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258 Likes: 33 |
|
|
|
|
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,562
Average Daily Posts5
| |
Members16,003
Most Online142,934 May 16th, 2026
|
|
|
|