Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#288196 Jul 3rd, 2009 at 11:05 AM
OP Offline
Hi,

I'm Alison from Charleston, SC. I found this site as a result of doing some research on the internet and boy it is a goldmine! I especially love the plant files. There is so much info here!

I am a single mother of two great kids and work from home managing an online garden supply store as well as running my own greeting card company.

I enjoy everything to do with homemaking and consider myself to be very fortunate to work from home and be able to be home with my children. Cooking, Canning, veggie and flower gardening, entertaining, reading, and spending time with my family and friends are my favorite things to do. I love the outdoors as well and love to take the kids to the beach to spend the day.

As a former northerner, I just love living in Charleston. The weather here makes for doing things outside almost year round and also allows for a long growing season. On the other hand, it also requires a great deal of watering and weeding. No place is perfect I guess. My gardens are planted with many plants that attract birds and butterflies to my yard and this is a hobby I enjoy doing with the kids as well as teaching to others. I have recently began organic vegetable gardening with a surprising amount of success. The kids enjoy harvesting the crops and I enjoy finding new ways to prepare what we have freshly picked from the garden. It sure beats buying produce from the grocery store and I feel good about it being good for us.

I'm looking forward to learning my way around, learning from my fellow gardening enthusiasts, and contributing wherever I can. I am excited to meet y'all and get to know many of you as possible.

Happy Gardening!

Alison

Alison Dale
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Allison. You live in one of my favorite places. You sound like a busy person.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,878
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image