Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#289434 Jul 13th, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Sammie Offline OP
OP Offline
I planted crimson giant radishes may 18th 2009 its now july 13th 2009, The Package says will be ready in 29 days...Well its been way over 29 days and theres no radishes. The plants are getting big but when I pull a plant up theres just roots. Shouldnt I have radishes by now. Why are they doing this? Im thinking of pulling them all out and re-starting with a different brand of seeds. This is my first time growing radishes. Theres alot 1 plant thats starting to flower? Any help would be appreciated!

Sammie #289469 Jul 14th, 2009 at 05:09 AM
Too much nitro. in the soil, too many seeds/plants next to each other, and not enough sun light will do it for you every time. If your plants are flowering it is time for a new crop!

I have this problem growing then in my garden (too much nitro.)so I stop growing them. The rest of the garden is doing just fine with the high nitro. and so far it's been a great year for all other vegetables.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image