Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket

merme, I was cracking up at you talking about wheeling yourself to the party and hoping to get a good wind behind you! haha

Me too Merme lol lol But you would have had to have hurricane winds at your back!

Dang those deviled eggs didn't last but about 10 minutes A bunch of hogie-bottoms they were, shock
I boiled 2 dozen eggs,, that's 48 deviled eggs,, but people were taking 4 and 5 apiece, glad I didn't have to bring any home , but geeeeeez several people didn't get any ~ the eggs were gone before the line was finished going through.
The party was just for my department there are 16 people ,,, I guess that's what happens when you haven't had a certain type of prepared food in a long time,, why it disappears fast! I'm glad the birthday boy went first,, he took several lol.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good grief! 16 people ate 48 deviled eggs! yes, piggy pigs they were. that is rude for so many people to take so many at one time.

I'm with you tina, I like the heat better than the cold. but, this year has been way over the top with the heat and humidity.

and diane, your rain didn't make it down here where I was. well, unless you want to call 30 seconds of very light sprinkling 'rain'. we still have a chance of rain over night. and sunday the percentage is up to 60 percent. so surely will get some of the wet stuff soon.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
We may get shower this weekend better chance on sunday they said,, But cooler then it has been,, I hope you get rain,, I mean Down Pour rain Cricket,, it cooled things off this morning but it was humid and hot this afternoon, I was Just outside and it pretty cloudy out now,, I wouldn't complain if we had rain all weekend!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
I wouldn't complain if we had rain all weekend!

Me either!

ok, kids are SO funny! I dashed out the door a while ago, and my daughter (9) followed me out. she asked what I was doing. I said "didn't you hear that loud boom? I could have sworn I saw a flash of light right before the boom. it was probably a transformer". she said, "WHAT" and her eyes were huge! haha I knew immediatly by her tone and the look on her face she was thinking of the transformer creaters. lol as soon as I started laughing she was laughing too and realized what I was talking about.

Last edited by cricket; Jul 17th, 2009 at 06:47 PM.

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hope it cools off a bit & rains for all you guys who are sweltering & dry.

We are at 65 tonight.

Diane I can't stand it when the first people through the line clean up everything! boohoo

Where I used to attend church, people liked my cooking & would grab up everything I brought, not caring if others even had a taste -- not even our very hardworking priest! yikes So I started putting some aside for him before putting the rest of it out for everyone else.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Transformers have hit in Texas. That is a funny story.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
one of the last office parties I went to before leaving corporate america, completly grossed me (and several others) out! we all brought food and one lady volunteered to warm everything up and set it out on the long table. she had really long hair and not only did she not bother putting it up while she handled all the food, she was slinging that hair around when she walked and flipping it here and there while she was arranging the food. can you say EEWWW!

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Transformers have hit in Texas. That is a funny story.

lol yea, maybe they are afraid they'll rust if they go somewhere that actually rains!

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I don't know if this is funny or just plain weird or sad, but when hubby got back from the little store we began telling him the funny story of the transformer. as soon as I said the word transformer he made a goofy face and said 'transformer, oh yea right'! then made some robot movements with his arms. lol
*cricket living in a house full of crazy people* HELP!

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
holy cow! I'm talking to myself!

(maybe I"M the crazy one!)

Cricket

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
You are not talking to yourself unless I am you answering you.
I have been out working in the last of the daylight. I thought it would be cooler and it was. But it is still in the low 90's though and high humidity. So not so cool. But I got a little more done. I am feeling like I am fighting to clean up and get water to the rest in a race with our wildfire season. And then getting the ditches cleaned out for a probable El Nino winter. That usually means a lot of rain for us.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
You are living in a crazy house, Cricket! lol

Tina I would not like to be fighting to accomplish so many big chores in that kind of weather.

My two sisters are getting together tomorrow in PA for the first time in a couple of years. The Ohio sister brought her daughter & grandson to PA to see our PA family. I don't think my PA sister has ever met the grandson. They should have a rollicking good time although the visit is only for a day!! Plus the Ohio daughter & the PA son are close & will be delighted to see each other again.

I am upset with myself. Just yesterday we got the big slipcover washed & dried & back on the loveseat. Tonight I did a major spill on it that can't wait til tomorrow to go in the laundry. So I gotta haul it off by myself & drag it to the washer. gr-r-r-r-r.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, all of the work was there niggling at the back of my brain for the last couple of (cooler) months. But there was so much else to do to get settled in our new mode of living and financing that life. Jonni's graduation and all of that stuff put me well behind. We have actually been behind the last couple of years. I may not need to do all of the things I want to do for safety. Disasters may not happen. But I feel I really have to get on top of this stuff. I am kind of driven right now.
So I am off to bed to get ready for another day. I do feel good about what I have accomplished so far.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
1k Posts
1k Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm making French Vanilla coffee and maybe I'll get some scrambled eggs and toast going. breakfast

I'm going to water my garden and harvest some maters as soon as the sun rises.

Waiting for fall...
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Scrambled eggs & toast is what we are having! Enjoy!! One thing that's upsetting about this getting the house ready is that I've had to stop baking bread, at least until things settle down. And we also closed up the "Bunker WInery"-- our homemade wine operation. Neither takes all that long, but in the case of the wine, we needed to convert the fermenting room back to a bed room. Thought it might be distracting for potential buyers to see gallon jugs all over the place!

Then it's off to run errands. The last bout of errands &b hopefully the last of spending money to get this place ready.

The transformer thing cracked me up. I miss having the girls around, but I'm sort of glad I don't have to keep up with the latest kid stuff anymore.

Now-- what's all this about "leaving corporate America" (Cricket) and "new modes of life" (Tina)? I thought for a minute I was reading a "prepper" blog!! Here's a chuckle for you (although I may have mentioned it before). The other realtor, the one who told me to fold towels like Martha Stewart, told us we had to eat up all the food we have. I guess "buyers" don't mind going hungry!!

That's too bad about the slipcover. Burns my butt when stuff like that happens. But on the other hand-- they are visiting YOU right, Merme? Not your slipcovers! :-)

Eggs are ready! Gotta go butter the toast.

Have a great day!

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy morning all. marica, cricket is working for a small company now, instead of the "corporate american conglomerate". which is just a funny way to say she's not required to put on heels and hose everyday :wink:

tina is adjusting to life as a widow with 2 teenage children, and grown children. the oldest teen just graduated from high school and is working on finding out what she wants to do with herself as an adult. and, so, tina is getting to learn a new "mode" of life.

me? i'm learning to adjust to life with a major illness and rheumatoid arthritis. fingers don't always work, or are too painful to make work. i work at an art college though, and they really like me, they've kept me around all during my illness. one day my boss said "as long as you can answer the phone, i'd rather have you here at 10% than home not here." so, i go every day, even the days my husband has to dress me and drive me. i also have grown kids (22, 24, and 29). the oldest 2 are married girls, both live within 7 miles of me. my 22 yr old is still trying to find his way into adulthood. and, i live on 5 very untamed acres thumbup

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everybody! wavy

I slept in today, so I woke up starving! I slept in because I was up so very late washing that slipcover. So, if I get fat from the breakfast I am planning, it is the slipcovers fault! I have always hated slipcovers anyway, and here in another reason why... they make me fat! haha Now how is that for impeccable logic?!

Time to make coffee, I think, and finish waking up!

Jiffy I hope you are feeling okay today.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Wow, you said all of that in a tidier nutshell than I ever could, Mama Mouse.
Adjusting to widowhood is different. Not always a bad different. I miss John for all of the rough work he did outside (and in). But I don't miss the help 'weeding' out my prized plants. We blended well in some gardening ideas and not in others. So now I can do it all my way but the tricky part is that I have to do it all. So much to get done. And during his long illness a lot went undone completely. So I am back in the harness as a single horse pulling the buggy. Relearning and rearranging priorities. Life is interesting for sure. But overall pretty good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning all,, Coffee is on and half gone,, breakfast is finished,, It's beautiful out side only 85* out,, I've been sitting outside since dawn enjoying the cooler weather, and came inside only to make breakfast and get another cup of coffee.
Time for me to get busy on domestic stuff tho, But I don't wanna' I feel very lazy today, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image