30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning all.. Well Nana Do you ever get a break?? zoink lol

wavy Dandelion Did you find Us here in banter?? Come on in Sit a while grin ,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Hello everyone. Glad to make your acquaintance. You all sound so sweet. I, too, am a gramma gardener and I just love talking 'bout stuff. I hope to be able to join your chats sometimes.

I live in Ohio in the same garden for 25 years. I have 3 kids and 6 grands. I spend my time looking forward to good things and living right now the best I can. My daughter just got married last week at Hocking Hills State Park. As always I was blown away by that natural beauty...too awsome!

I hope to learn how to post pics and I look forward to being here.

Enjoy your day,
dandelion

angelblossom,
Thanks for the invite...I can hardly believe someone is here to talk to. Please tell me a little about yourself. This is my first time in a chat.

My son just showed up so I have to sign off now but I will joyfully be back.

till then

Last edited by dandelion; Jul 26th, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome to the coffee house, Dandelion.
We do share our daily non gardening lives here. When it gets to a hundred posts we open a new one. Hence the number 2224.
I am a 58 year old mother of five with no grands. Three of my children are in their 30's and I got a later start on my second set, they are teens. I live and garden in hot, dry southern California.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Welcome Dandilion,
Love your screen name- grands love to bring me the pretty yellow flowers my hubby tires so hard to keep out of our grass..losing battle but keeps him busy..LOL! I am a grandmother to 17 now, in Colo transplanted from Az... kids all live here too - they followed us... we love it here though, not fond of the snow but wil tolerate it for the rest of the yrs weather...
Well Mom is up now and had her second round of before eating pills- Sundays are extra pill days for her... all the boys are still sleeping including Joe and it's almost 9... been up since 5:30..half my morning is gone already... guess I will start bacon cooking and see if good smells make anyone rise and shine..LOL!
Its going to be a cooler week here they say- and right now it's only 63* feels really nice right now though- had to cover my feet up wth a throw while I read the paper... wierd weather for us in late July- lots of rain though and that is good!
Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by dandelion

Thanks for the invite...I can hardly believe someone is here to talk to. Please tell me a little about yourself. This is my first time in a chat.

My son just showed up so I have to sign off now but I will joyfully be back.

till then

Well We Know you have a son lol and I just read your Daughter got married ,,, Congrat's luv And you're from the Buckeye State. grin
Me? Blessed By 6 grandkids by my 2 daughters. Live in Texas, originally from Ks. I write short stories geared towards Children but adults get a kick out of them too,, lol ( about a gnome Village,, here we call gnomes * Willy's" Thus,, The Willy Village Stories) and poems, some of which are here in the forum The Poet, Writer and Artist Corner
I read them to my grandkids even while they have inspired many of the stories, lol
I have flower gardens, not too many veggies. Tomatoes, easy ones! Love photography, and Have made some life long friends here!
BTW When the chance is at it's best we like to meet( go Visit) members here, and have traveled to do so,, grin
You can see that In the Members interaction threads //www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/21

That enough about me for now notme

Sure am Glad to have you here, clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I'm up but not awake. My girl didn't tell me I was low on coffee while we were making the shopping list! boohoo

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi Dandelion, and welcome to the forum! I'm a 30 year old (unofficial) step mom to three, ages 13, 13, and 10. Twin girls and a boy. The girls will be 14 next month. My boyfriend and I have been together going on 7 years and we finally decided to make it official and we're getting married next year. I'm in Seattle.

Nana, I just made it to the level where I can buy pumpkins, I also just got my last land upgrade. It's a fun game huh?

Sorry I missed you Merme and Diane, hopefully I'll catch you on here later today.

The MIL should be calling us in about 45 minutes so I better start getting ready to go. See you all later!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Dandelion. I agree about your name being cute. I am a school nurse, have 2 daughters, both married. My oldest has three children and they live 16 miles from me. My youngest is a university girls softball coach and lives in GA - no children. I have a step son and daughter and the son has 2 children. So total I have 5 grans. 4 girls, ages 12 10 (2 of them) 18 months, and 1 grandson who is 6.

Are you a stay at home grandmother, which is what I would like to be.

Cheryl and Merme, I am amazed that public places don't have AC. I would never go out to eat.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sheri It has only been in recent years that our area has gotten consistently hot enough to need a/c. This year we have only gotten into the low 70's a couple of times so far. People from further south, particularly in large cities, would send the mom & kids here for the summer & dad would join them on weekends. That's why we have so many summer communities.

Part of why a/c has gotten so necessary here is because of the new way of building structures with windows that don't open. It conserves heat in winter which is important up here, but it makes a/c a requirement.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I rarely open windows because of allergies and would have a hard time working in a place where the windows were open. Do you think that's a reason for the new building structures?

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
just remembered I left the vegges I picked this morning outside somewhere. Gotta run get them before the dogs eat them. I can't remember where I left them - I just know it's outside somewhere. I was all over outside too. I remember thinking I need to take these in right now but of course laid them down instead.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Better go get them before the dogs feast.
If I left any outside today they would be roasted for me by the time I got out to get them. I did work out there for a while while it was still cool. And I am happy with my progress. There is so much left to do.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Do you think that's a reason for the new building structures?

From what I've studied on the topic, Sheri, I would have to say it has to do with energy efficiency and not allergies. In fact, it has been shown in many cases that these highly efficient and well sealed buildings can CAUSE some types of respiratory and allergic conditions. Simmilar to what can occur in aircraft.

I hope you find your misplaced vegetables!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is funny, when I go into a/c buildings my sinuses go crazy on me. I get post nasal drip which causes me to start coughing. In a grocery store, by the time I am finished, I am hacking away. The crowds clear a path for me in case I have swine flu or something. I am fine after a few breaths of fresh air outdoors. Teddy does the same. And there are very few un-air-conditioned buildings around. I use a swamp cooler at home. It does not affect me the way a/c does and is less expensive to run.
I am heading out into the heat to unload some of my belongings from my travel trailer. It has a new home to go to.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We are at 69 degrees and overcast. I don't think we're going to hit the high of 77 forecast. There are storms in the area and they will go hit 'n miss through midnight. If we get any, it'll help with the humidity.

I've been using my kitchen table as a staging & sorting area for work done in other places. Now my big goal is to Clear The Table! I can barely see my candles there. tears

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
It is funny, when I go into a/c buildings my sinuses go crazy on me. I get post nasal drip which causes me to start coughing. In a grocery store, by the time I am finished, I am hacking away. The crowds clear a path for me in case I have swine flu or something. I am fine after a few breaths of fresh air outdoors. Teddy does the same. And there are very few un-air-conditioned buildings around. I use a swamp cooler at home. It does not affect me the way a/c does and is less expensive to run.
I am heading out into the heat to unload some of my belongings from my travel trailer. It has a new home to go to.

I have the same problem Tina!!! Whenever we put on the wholehouse AC, I get sick - can't breathe, sinuses totally plug up and I also get a nasal drip. I've been fighting with Don for days now to not put on the AC, but I actually was the one to break down this afternoon - it's just too humid out today not to!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think Carol was supposed to get home from her trip today. I miss her smiling face around here. I hope she had an awesome time though, on her belated anniversary trip.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
carol is home. and carol had a great trip. i'll not say much about it, other than to say she was without phone/cable/computer for most of the trip. and loved it!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good for her and good for Rod! I am happy she is safely home though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,925
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image