Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

Another beautiful day here at the beach... sunshiny and in the 70's.

I've been so busy lately, it has been a bit crazy around here getting business accomplished. Both the running-around kind and the telephone kind. yikes

Maxi's ear is so much better now, he is like a new kid! YAY! I'm so relieved for him because he'd been in such pain. I think he'll be aiming the blow dryer at his ears for the rest of the summer just for prevention.

Another busy day on the agenda, so I'm off for now... will check back around dinner time tonight.

Hope y'all have a fine day today.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning all,
It's 70 here to for the moment- high is supposed to be 93* today... Carrie and Joe are both off today ..
I want to wash windows today before it gets to hot and the sun hits them.. if Joe wakes up soon it will get done- I can't reach most of them to release them to fold down inside... just love being short...but it will get done eventually...
Well it's time to give mom meds and get her on the way to breakfast... see you all later ....have a wonderful day everyone.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. We are to be in the upper 80's for days. That is wonderful and unusual weather for us.
I have a lot to get accomplished out there and I have the right weather for it. I am excited. So much to do. I forget to look back and see what I have accomplished sometimes. And that is a lot. Today I have to move some equipment and tools out of the way for the tree trimmers so they can lay those tree tops down next week without smashing up too much. They will be making a mess of an area I have already cleaned up but that is OK too. I want those trees topped and the fire and damage control behind me. And I will get a bunch of fire wood from it too. Not for this year but for future years. It needs to dry some.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

It was a pretty morning but then it rained this afternoon. After the rain, a huge, lovely, breeze picked up. I love being outside when the wind is blowing like that; it is WONDERFUL! Hard to come inside when it is so fantastic out there!

Maxi has news, so I will log off for now and let him share the story.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I would love to have some of your ugly banananana pudding, Cindy. It is nice when food looks good. But it is better if it tastes good. (this is from someone who cries if I break and egg yolk unintentionally)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We would love some of your bananananana puddin' too, Afgrey!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm here, serving up Long Island Iced Tea if anyone is thirsty!

Maxi went to a bonfire at a friend's house, so I have the pc all to myself!

YAY!

Shall I pour a round, anyone?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Speaking of eggs... I sprayed a dozen and a half mixed in well with water on all my plants that the deer like to eat, earlier this evening. I have a small pump spray bottle that takes 3 eggs/water at a time. I did this several weeks ago, and the deer have left my plants alone, while they ate my neighbors hostas down to the quick. I found this out on a Martha Stewart show - she had an owner of a large nursery that is in Pennsylvania on, and he said to do this.

I noticed that a few new plants have been eaten a little so it was time to spray again. The last time lasted several weeks - even through all the rain we've had almost daily this year. And the good thing is... the deer can smell the rotten eggs after it has dried, but humans cannot.

Now if it would only work for the blasted woodchucks and Japanese beetles!

I'm going to pass on the tea, Merme, but would you happen to have any midori coladas???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'll take a tea Merme On ice please!

Hi everyone,,,,
I needed to know about that egg spray Lynne maybe it will help here as well?? ( With Bugs??)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

Boomshackalackalackaboomshackalacka

BOOM

Boom. Maybe a day late & a $ short, but I had to reply.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

YAY!

Merme

Really? Please do pour one for me!

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
dang I hope they were de-funked,, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
maybe I should be de-funked I seem to run everybody off when I come in here, why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

YAY!

Merme

If the "offer" stands yet, pour away........

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
maybe I should be de-funked I seem to run everybody off when I come in here, why

I have not run away........... wavy

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well Cindy--go to a medical supply business--you can rent them by the month---and for all I know one can even buy them

and HEY!!! try E-bay or craigs list

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have a pretty nice hospital bed here that I want to find a new home for, Cindy. It even vibrates as well as the other stuff. No side rails though so you might still fall out.
No one is running me off but myself. I set up lights and I was working outside long after dark. In the cool. Now I am ready to go to bed. My kids are both sacked out already. Jonni is finding that work can wear you out in a hurry. More than school did. But she is loving the paychecks and watching her bank balance grow. So much to dream about.
Tomorrow is a day of running around in the morning, going to the bank and stuff. Then there is a lot more work to be done outside. And it is to be under 85* tomorrow. Yippee!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Well gee, this evening didn't go as planned!

Maxi came home from the bonfire and got on the pc and I fell asleep waiting for him to get back off!

So I missed the party I started pouring drinks for!

boohoo

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi, Merme--"you snooze You lose"

Ok I am going to bed now----g'nite everyone wavy

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Morning, everybody!!!

Oh, it is another beautiful day here.... cool, breezy and sunny! Perfect weather!

One of those recorded messages phone calls woke me up today. There ought to be a law against those! lol

Today we intend to just hang out. All of our chores are finished. Maxi is out playing with the boys. There are no business calls or appointments waiting. YAY!

It's Saturday!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I snoozed but am awake now. Good morning.
I am trying to wake me up to go out and do more manual labor. I have been moving firewood around to make room for more. It is under where I'm going to have those trees topped and the wood laid down from them. Loading it from a pile on the ground into the wheelbarrow. Then about 50 yards to where it needs to be. Unload and stack it. Then back to the mountain of cut wood. I had to move long railroad ties around to be able to get the barrow to the wood pile first. Not that easy of a job.
Then I need to clean up all of the leaf litter, bark, etc so that when I start cutting up the next stuff there won't be a fire danger from sparks from my equipment. That causes a lot of our fires here. Equipment.
Firewood warms you multiple times before it is ever burned.
When the banks open Ted and I will be running out to take care of some business. Then I will be home and back at the hard labor stuff. I am looking up at those trees and trying to calculate how much there will be to do to get them to a manageable size. I may be calling the tree people tomorrow and altering the job a bit and have them move all of the cut stuff too. I was trying to be cheap and do a lot of the labor myself after it was down to my level. But that is going to be a mountain of debris to deal with. And too close to the house to make me happy. I have a second holding area for it all. It will cost me a bit more but I will have time to deal with it better there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Today we intend to just hang out. All of our chores are finished. Maxi is out playing with the boys. There are no business calls or appointments waiting. YAY!

I love days like this,,, I'm doing the same ~ just hanging out,, No schedules, No one to entertain, no pressure,, Love That!

I keep hearing a
chirp su-reeeeee in the dining room it sounds like a bird is in here,,, But I don't find anything,, the garage is on the other side of the wall ~ went there didn't find anything,, but I hear it in here,,, I brought Emmy in here and told her "go See" she went to a corner of the room and sniffed then acted excited,, but there is nothing there at ALL,, but that is where the sound is coming from, I wonder if it's possible a little bird got in the wall somehow maybe thru the attic?
Beats ME!~ But I don't want it to suffer if it's stuck somehow, boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been out working and checking out what I still have to do. I am scaling back what I am going to have the tree trimmers do. It will leave me too much of a mess to deal with on top of the rest of what I have to do. So he is coming out to do another estimate tomorrow. So I will just have them take down the two worst/closest tress and live with the rest for now.
Indoors, I have the beds stripped down and am doing that laundry. I am trying to remember at what age my 9 1/2 year old dog decided the floor or his bed wasn't good enough for him. Whenever that was, he began sleeping with the kids.
I still need to go out and do some banking and get other stuff done today. So I am getting ready to scoot out and do that.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
'morning all!

Diane - could it be a cricket or some other small insect instead of a bird? You'd be surprised at some of the noises they could make. Also... one time we had a bird caught 1/2 way down in our fireplace. Don't know how that happened, but we found it the next day unfortunately dead at the bottom of the fireplace. We were hoping it would have found its way out during the night. People sometimes around here get bats down their fireplaces - EWWWWW!

I did way too much outside yesterday, so my plan for today is to run a few quick errands and then just rest outside on the deck. I think I need to go to the library while I'm out and pick up a few good books. The last one I read was pretty interesting - about witches in Salem, Mass. back in the 1600's and modern day times as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Wow , sounds like a busy morning Tina... my son told me he had a limb fall on his house this morning from a cottonwood tree in the yard- it's still kind of attached he said but laying on the house- he had to go to work so he will have to figure out a way to deal with it when he gets home again... now I have to figure out how to get rid of the one in my yard.... scares me with all the wind we get sometimes.
I don't have a lot I have to get done today.. no kids - hubby at work and Mom is sleeping again... really quiet in my house- should stick something in crock pot for dinner but don't feel like that either- LOL!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Diane, Unfortunately, birds can get in from a weak spot under the eaves or loose roofing. I hope it finds its way out! You might want to check your eaves and roof.

A trip to the library sounds good, Lynne! A good read on a deck during a lovely summer afternoon sounds like a bit o' paradise.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
'morning all!

Diane - could it be a cricket or some other small insect instead of a bird?

Dwight found it ~ it was a female house finch Literately haha He grabbed it and put it outside before I could grab my camera egad boohoo it actually was in the garage against the wall behind a box How it got stuck in there I don't know why but at least it's free now and no harm to it grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
YAY Dwight! And good for the happy little birdie to be free again!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
YAY Dwight! And good for the happy little birdie to be free again!

Merme

What she said!!! clap thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
lol Lynne.

Maxi just put in Batman Dark Knight & wants me to watch it with him, so I'm off for now.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
I have been yakking the morning away here and on other places... guess I better get busy and really accomplish something .... hmmmmm do have a book I could read though.... housework or reading- what a choice....
Well off to do something or another.....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Well I am off to run my errands. Don added another place for me to stop - the drugstore. He's on lots of meds for his recently found out slipped discs - the guy is in an awful lot of pain these days!

psssssssst - Merme - did you see my post in Maxi's potato thread?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am back in from running my errands. I am dithering whether to nap or go out and work some more. Decisions, decisions. But I do think a stretch is winning. Not really sleepy but I am physically tired. I will eat something and snooze.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
UPDATE: the mystery of the yellow towels is solved! They are in LA with daughter, Kat. Turns out-- and I remember doing this, now-- that I gave them to her when she was here last fall b/c she'd just moved and was bemoaning the fact that she had no decent towels, and she loved the yellow towels.

Dang. I do not think my neurons are firing as fast as they used to.

[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I am glad that you figured it out. We were all looking for your yellow towels for you!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by Marica
UPDATE: the mystery of the yellow towels is solved!

YAY! I'm doing cartwheels and tumbersaults for you, Marcia! I loved a Mystery Solved! YAY for you!!

We had a yummy supper and now Maxi wants the pc, so it looks like I'm outta here for a while.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
I love a good *solved* mystery, too! Now if we could just *find* someone to buy this house!

[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Marica,
Maybe you should get a St Joseph statue and bury it close to your forsale sign- it's supposed to help you sell your house- we did it in Az and after 9 months on the mkt we sold within 3 weeks.. can't hurt to try.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I went to bed early and slept very well. So I am up early. I should be ready to go out and work as the sun rises.
We have had spectacular weather and temps for August. I am trying hard to take advantage of it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning! wavy

I was in bed for 7 hours last night, an exceptionally long time for me. But I kept having very strange, jumbled up dreams which kept me wakeful.

Now I'm going to make Maxi some fried spaghetti for breakfast... he hasn't had any in a very long time.

Then he will be off for the day! Going to swimming with his friends and fooling around the neighborhood.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image