Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#292670 Aug 14th, 2009 at 09:02 PM
OP Offline
well my tomatoes have been hanging on my plant for a long time but it seems there is no change.it seems it stopped growing.whats wrong?how can i fix it? they are so tiny.here is one of my oldest one
[Linked Image]

Tomatoes FTW
Sean,
Patience is usually the best. It might help to spray with a foliar spray. Like Miracle Grow for tomatoes. But know you probably don't have any. Jay

elkhwc #292782 Aug 15th, 2009 at 07:59 PM
OP Offline
how long does it usually take once the fruits set?i buy tomatoes from the market and they are either X2 or X3 of my tomatoes

Tomatoes FTW
Sean,
It depends on conditions. I've had several that took longer than normal due to our weather conditions this year. And size will vary wit conditions and variety. So hard to say. Keep up you interest and hopefully you'll have some soon. Jay

elkhwc #292800 Aug 16th, 2009 at 08:55 AM
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Hi Jay, I need to pm you, just haven't gotten around to it.
Sean, I've been following your efforts since the early posts, and I'll tell you what...considering what you've got to work with, you're honestly having excellent success. With limited root space and limited light, it's simply amazing that you have a fair number of fruit. It can seem to take forever for fruit to ripen, but they will, they're seemingly quite healthy, especially considering everything. I forget what variety you said they were, but I'm not surprised they're somewhat small...you can sure be proud of yourself if you get some nice, ripe, homegrown tomatoes, I consider myself fairly skilled at growing 'maters, and yet I have more plants with no fruit or few fruits this season, it's not one of my better years...enjoy what you get, and consider it a learning experience, you're well on your way to being a great tomato grower!

dave
Sean,

Have you fed them? I've discovered tomatoes like to eat. For the first time this year, I used Triple 12 (12-12-12) and made several applications during spring/summer around my Amish Paste tomatoes. This is the first year that my plants are LOADED with slightly larger than normal tomatoes. Tho this summer is cool, I've already picked more Amish Paste tomatoes this year than in previous years' harvests.

OP Offline
thanks for all the help and support guys.one more thing though, my transplants came from home depot with osmocote slow release fertilizer and i wasnt sure if i should feed it yet because if i remember they feed for 3 months and iveonly had them for about 2 months.i dont want to over feed because i know whats going to happen.to feed or not to feed?that isnt my only question.:)

also, i think its my whole bunch of white flies to that are stunting my growth but i cant spray anything because my sisters birds are right next to my plants.i did buy fly traps and caught a lot of black flies but i cant tell if i caught any white flies because he trap is white.i know that i still have a ton though because whenever i touch my leaves a bunch of them fly all over the place.oh well.

oh yeah and i forgot to mention 2 more tomatoes have set:)

Last edited by SeanPwns; Aug 16th, 2009 at 04:14 PM.

Tomatoes FTW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image