California Queen
30k Posts
A hurricane named Bill isn't.
It is a 'Himmicane'!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
1k Posts
1k Posts
I slept alll day and most of the night. Now I am up early.It's a bit chilly, so i'm going to make some coffee. This school year is going to be very busy.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by emdeGardener2
I slept alll day and most of the night. Now I am up early.It's a bit chilly, so i'm going to make some coffee. This school year is going to be very busy.

I hope it is a happy busy and not all grindstone, Enrique. I hope you get to mix a lot of fun into the year.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I went out at day break and put in a couple hours and more into my clearing and cleaning projects. I have a few truckloads of stuff to haul away to the green waste dump.
Now I am in and cleaning up a bit. I'm going to take Ted out for some new shoes when the stores open. I also need a few things around here. So general shopping is going to happen. Ted will enjoy the outing even if he doesn't like new shoes much.
My dishes are done and my laundry is all finished until the next time. I have water going where it needs to go out there. I am good to go.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I am back in for a few minutes.---I just got b ack from my shoulder dr. appointment. so far so good!!! as long as I am ok when I go back, he thinks my shoulder socket will nto have a chance of dying---which is good--I really do not want to have another surgery, that is for sure.

I go back to see him in 8 weeks.

Leaving in a few to run some errands and then go to my Physical Therapy appointment. Dr. is saying a month's more therapy and I should be good to go. thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am happy for you Carol. I know you said the therapy set you up pretty well. That is wonderful news.
I am back from my running around. Ted has new shoes for school, two pairs. He got a happy meal reward for being so good about it. He didn't like it but he didn't kick me either when I was trying them on him. I put his old shoes in one of the shoe boxes and hid them. He will have no choice but to wear new.
My dogs are happy with new dog food and I picked up a few other things we needed as well. Now I'm bushed and will probably nap soon. I am trying to remember if I got up at 4:30 or 5:30 this morning. But too droopy to recall. It has been a full morning.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good evening! wavy

How has everyone been? I have been in and out of here lately reading but not posting much. We have been super busy and I haven't had much to add to anything. I see I missed a Friday night party though. Bummer! Next time! We had a memorial catfishing tournament for a friend of ours that passed away this spring. He was 35 years old and his heart just stopped in his sleep. He was an avid fisherman and hunter so this was the perfect thing to have to get everybody together. It was friends and family and we all had a great time. A group of about 10 of us did the planning and all the work for it. I spent the last week collecting donations, selling tickets, having last minute planning meetings, cooking food and setting up. It was all worth it though! We plan to make this an annual event. It will be nice to have a year to plan. We planned this one in about 3 weeks. yikes

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun and the best thing you could do for your friend(s). I really like that idea. It is sad and shocking to lose someone so young. You did a good job, it sounds.
And I have missed you. I'm glad you have a year for the next one.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Thank you Tina! I'm glad we have a year too. It was a good thing for all involved but there were a few sad times throughout all this too. But, for the most part his life was celebrated this weekend.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I went to bed before 9. I was dozing and trying to figure out what was not right. Then it dawned on me I forgot to eat dinner. I got up to down a little cottage cheese and crackers and I am headed back to my slumbers. Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And I am up again, waiting on some light to go out and work. I have been out, turning off some sprinklers and turning on others. But that is as much as I want to do in the dark.
I am collecting my thoughts, plans, lists here in the CH because I have so much to do. Kind of a blog that disappears into oblivion in a day or two. And that is fine with me. It just helps structure my thoughts for a day.
I don't expect or really need any comments on what I'm doing. But I do miss my friends here. And hearing what they are doing too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good morning! wavy

It has been pretty quiet here. Where is everybody?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am just not sure where everyone is or what is going on, Jessica.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It seems like we must have missed out on something, Tina. why Wouldn't be the first time I guess.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Jess. I agree.
Have you figured out your childcare problems?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
No I really haven't. Our babysitter that has filled in for the last month (and is our neighbor) is moving to Italy on Sunday. She is going there to teach for the US Army for 4 months. What a cool opportunity for her but we will definitely miss her! She worked at our old daycare center and they closed so she helped us out by watching Tristen. Tomorrow is her last day with us. I have another temporary solution starting on Monday but I really need something permanent. There are not many options in our small town right now. Hopefully something opens up soon. I don't like moving from temporary solution to temporary solution. It just makes me worry all the time.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, that is a stress you don't need. Will going back to school help lessen your problems? I really hope you can work it all out soon and rest easy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It will lessen them some. I only need somebody for about an hour after school. There is a Kids Club program at school that I can fall back on if all else fails. The only problem with that program is that they are not open on days that there is no school and that is when I need somebody the most. It will all get figured out I guess.

What are Jonni's plans now that she has graduated? Is she going on to school or planning to work for now?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Jonni is working. She is manning the office part time on the resort next door. She was also doing some housekeeping for them (cleaning rentals and restaurant and such) but she hated that. So she put in her 2 week notice last week. They understand that the housekeeping may be pretty rough on her so they are working on keeping her in the office only. But meanwhile she is cleaning today.
Jonni still plans on attending school sometime in the future. But she wants to figure out what she wants to do first and then go for that. I wanted her to take some time off to just chill after the last rough year. But I may or may not push for her to go to the junior college in the spring semester. I want her to go mostly to broaden her social horizons.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I think waiting is a good idea for a lot of people. It is so hard to know what you want to do with the rest of your life when you are 18 and have just graduated from high school. If you get out into the working world for a bit I think it gives you some indications of what you might want to do or not want to do.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Jonni will be 18 in a week. She has worked enough to have figured out a few things she doesn't want to do for a living. Like waiting tables or working in a restaurant much at all. She doesn't like housekeeping in any form (I knew that would burn her out fast. I'm her mother lol ). She has a lifetime to figure it out and the resources to live on comfortably until she does implement something.
I didn't know beyond wife and mother what I wanted to do when I grew up. I still don't. Although I added gardening to that wife/mother mix in my old age.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I just typed a post and lost it. Let's try this again....

I'm still not sure what I want to do. lol I have had a few different jobs and I have been at my current job for 8 years. I like it but I'm still not sure that it is what I want to do for the next 35 - 40 years. It is possible that some of us may never know. why lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I already figured out that I will never know what I want to do when I grow up. I am 58 2/3 years old. Retirement sounds good to me. So I've begun putting retired on any paperwork that asks for such info. Is retirement a career?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sounds good to me!!! I do taxes for James' parents and I put retired for his dad's occupation. I'm not sure what else you would put. Sounds like a good career to me. thumbup

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think I need to get something done even if it wrong. I'll be back later on, even if I'm alone.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It was nice chatting with you, Tina! wavy

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am back. I spent way too much on school supplies to donate to my son's classroom again. I am having a hard time passing by some of the great deals out there. And everything is on sale.
I am going to eat something and nap a bit. I wish I had more energy to spend at any given time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
wavy Good afternoon!

One more hour of work and I get to head home. Yay!!! Now I just have to figure out what to make for dinner.

Where's Nana, Cricket, Carol, Sheri....and all the others that usually pop in here?

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
haha haha

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Here I am Jessica-- wavy--nice to see you. thumbup

Cindy, what flavor cooking bags did you get??? neenee

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm up, I'm up! A simple nap and my phone started ringing. But the two calls were all good news so that is all well.
Cindy, I woulda fixed you something to eat but you slapped that piece of paper in my hand and ran so fast that I didn't get a chance to offer.
I haven't figured out where my head is yet. I actually did sleep hard between those two calls. So coffee is in order.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Here I am Jessica-- wavy--nice to see you. thumbup

Cindy, what flavor cooking bags did you get??? neenee

Nice to see you too! wavy

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Okay Cindy I escaped your bag and am here wondering what to feed the boys... should have started the crock pot this morning but was on the phone for hours with my sis and then my daughter... life is a mess sometimes... oh well it will work out and the good news I may get my life back eventually.... and my house and my office space...that would all be good things..
I am thinking it will be hambergers and french fries for us- we already had our thunderstorm of the day... rain- thunder- lightening- even some hail came down... for about 15 minutes then it went on by..... still cool today though ..63* right now... in August! wierd weather..
We were going to clean up the basement today but went to Sams instead after my marathon phone call... then my nephew called too- he is going cross crounty taking his kids back to Kansas from Ga... and he stopped in Arkansas to research cemetary infor on the family.. he is into geneology big time and was upset I couldn't remember where exactly my grandmother was buried in Ark... I flew in and out in 3 days... not from there ever and have no sense of direction and a terrible memory - if I didn't write it down I dont remember it... he finally found it and was happy - but didn't find another one he wanted or any records on him... a great about 4 generations back... I just don't get the whole thing- but he enjoys it all so much- he has time now cause he just retired fromt he Marine Corps... doesn't have to go to work as a civilian till after the first of the yr so he is trying to get all this done now....
Well off to go do something costructive- going to eye doc tomorrow and hope new glasss will solve my headaches and feeling of being dizzy all the time...not a good feeling at all.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome back, Nana. I am thinking you may have found a place more appropriate for your mother to live. That would be wonderful for you and even more wonderful for her. She may end up enjoying spending time with people of her own years and interests.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I am going to bed now--nighty night everyone. wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I didn't get diddly done outside today. Except some watering. I didn't get much done indoors either. A little laundry. A little kitchen cleaning. A little shopping for necessities of life. Checkbook is balanced. (How long am I supposed to hold that on my head?)
Tomorrow should be a better day. With a longer list at the end of it. I do not want to waste all of our unseasonably cool weather.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Carol. I hope you sleep well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good night carol.
Tina, you seem to be as busy as nana these days.
I'm pooped and ready for bed, but waiting on my son to get home. I may be around a bit longer, piddling.
we got a really nice rain today. my daughter (9) says today, 'I can't believe the grass is tall already, we just mowed it a week ago.' I told her that's because it finally started raining again. we've only mowed 3 times all summer it's been so dry. lol I guess she'd forgotten how often grass needs a mowing.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I sound as busy as but I am not nearly as busy as Nana. I just type more. lol I work in short spurts. I get a lot accomplished sometimes and not others. I often wish I had the stamina I had in my 30's or even in my 40's.
But today I spent a lot of Ted time. We need that sometimes too. And when the craziness of school starts there will be a little less opportunity.
I have all of Ted's clothes from soup to nuts ready (that is underwear to outerwear). And bunches of supplies for his current classroom and a few for the classroom of his former teacher. I have never had it all together before school actually started before. Because not all he needs is available in our stores until much later in the fall season. Around here they think all kids live in shorts and t-shirts. His hair is cut. He will need another nail trim before school starts next Tuesday.
That feels good to be so ready.
Tomorrow I am taking Jonni's car in for new tires. That wasn't in my plans originally but she wants to drive it into LA and I said not on those tires. So new tires it is.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image