Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Now you are getting kinky with soft restraints.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning--(from one of the soft-restraint kinky people)

yes Rachel--call momma

Cindy--You are such a lucky lady to have such a nice Daughter.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Still raining here......guess our plans for today are not going to happen. I am considering going on Sunday because it is supposed to be nice but the weekends are crazy there. Standing in line for 30 min - 1 hr is not my idea of fun. We will see. If nothing else, I can take him to the Mall of America today and go on rides there. Decisions, decisions.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning Jess----could you do both?? I am sure Tristen would not mind lol
and could today's original plans wait unil monday???

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I crashed early and hard last night. It is to get much warmer today and all through the weekend with the humidity climbing up too. I feel like I wasted some of our unusually cool August. But looking back, much got done. Just not all of it.
The first thing I did this morning was to check to see if Jonni's car was parked in the driveway and that she got home safely last night. It was and she did. I am proud of how adult she has become. But she totally reverted to child in Hollywood yesterday and bought a full size cardboard cutout thing of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow for her room. She is a nut case.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good thinking, Cindy

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I think it is funny that she has such a thing for Johnny Depp. He was my oldest daugher's heart throb in high school too and they are 19 years apart in age. Johnny has hung around a long time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Good Morning Jess----could you do both?? I am sure Tristen would not mind lol
and could today's original plans wait unil monday???

It is possible that we might end up doing both. We will have to see. Unfortunately I only had yesterday and today off of work and go back on Monday so I can't bring him Monday. Work is always getting in the way of everything. lol Maybe I will take another weekday off sometime in the next 2 weeks when I know the weather is going to be nice and go then.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry the rain changed your plans. I am glad that you factored that in and Tristan knew it hinged on the weather. It is hard to break a hard promise to your kid.
We had a huge family reunion planned for Disneyland one year. My oldest got chicken pox and she and I couldn't go. That was tough. But when she recovered just she and I went and that was fun because we both love rides and it worked out better than if I we had had her younger siblings with us.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by jonni13
I am sorry the rain changed your plans. I am glad that you factored that in and Tristan knew it hinged on the weather. It is hard to break a hard promise to your kid.
We had a huge family reunion planned for Disneyland one year. My oldest got chicken pox and she and I couldn't go. That was tough. But when she recovered just she and I went and that was fun because we both love rides and it worked out better than if I we had had her younger siblings with us.

He is bummed out but not too bad. Guess we will head to the MOA so we can have a little fun today. It won't be nearly as fun but should be okay. Hopefully I can take him another day in the next couple of weeks before school starts. School doesn't start here until Sept. 8th so we have a little time.

Cindy....you better find those pills or Rachel will be pounding on your door in no time!!

Hi, unlike my husband, I am going to ask for directions ;). I was invited to the Banter Hall Coffee House, is this the right place?

Thanks

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
You are in the right place!! We are all in and out of here and chat about every day things. Just jump right in!! Welcome to the forum!

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome! This is the right place. We run them up to about 100 posts and then open a new one hence the numbers in the title.
We discuss our day to day stuff here and get to know each other. And sometimes get down right silly and have fun.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
strickliesel --Good morning and greetings!!! breakfast

I too say just what Plantgueen and Jonni have said: wavy

________

Thanks everyone for the greetz. Sorry I got lost shopping for beads, while I should be really working instead. Do you all have a hobby besides gardening? It's been so hot here that I was looking for indoor activities.:)

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
There is a craft and hobby forum. Somepeople quilt and knit and sew too. There is a lot to explore here.
//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/22/page/1

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hi strickliesel and welcome to the CH!

May I ask what type of beading you do? I have posted some of my projects down in the hobbies forum - I started beading last December and am so addicted it's not funny! There aren't enough days in the week to wear all the necklaces I've made for myself, and now everyone I know gets one for a gift when the occasion arises. So much fun!

I have been going to bead shows to get better buys on supplies too. Have you done that yet? It's great to see all the new types of beads and findings that are out there!

By the way... might you have a name that's a bit easier to type here? Some of us go by our "real" names while talking in Banter Hall. Mine is Lynne by the way.

edit: I just looked at your blog and see that you are a wonderful knitter! I also knit - that is, I was knitting until I got horrendous tendonitis in both forearms after knitting too many holiday gifts last December at the same time that I took up beading - not smart! Are you a member of Ravelry?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I was looking for your 'new hobby' thread to link here, Lynne. But it got lost somewhere.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I was looking for your 'new hobby' thread to link here, Lynne. But it got lost somewhere.

here ya go girls

//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/245502#Post245502

//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/275202#Post275202

I am now off to rest--this cold is not completely gone yet. egad

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by strickliesel
Thanks everyone for the greetz. Sorry I got lost shopping for beads, while I should be really working instead. Do you all have a hobby besides gardening? It's been so hot here that I was looking for indoor activities.:)

I do Ceramics also. I go every Tuesday morning. I do gifts or make requested items for people mainly so it is not such an expensive hobbie.

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks so much for posting those links Carol! kissie

I'm so sorry you still have your cold, but hope that resting today will take care of it so you are able to enjoy your weekend. thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
thanks and thanks Lynne. I am glad that I can for once do something to help.

About my cold--I am feeling much better, but I do not want to push it, ya know???

--Did you notice my "new" frog in my sig line???

A very dear friend of mine sent that to me. kissie

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
He's VERY cute, Carol!!! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
thanks--I think so too----HEY!!!! wavy you have a PM!!!!

________

Woah Lynne, that is some very nice beading. How do you work the ends on your necklace's and bracelets without them going loose or limp. Thanks for the links Ladies. I bead all my scarves and stoles, either sow them on the scarf or tie to the fringes and then create matching earrings that go along. Not all of them are huge like the ones on my blog, some are business like, I give them away for Christmas to my coworkers or family. Sometimes I make purse beads hooks and beaded serving utensils. Obviously ya'll figured out now that I am a bit hyper active ;)
I'll post a few pictures this weekend. Oh and my name is Cleo and I am not a member of Ravelry - not sure what that is?

Junie do you have pictures of your ceramics, I'd love to see? I never tried myself. I tried my luck with polymer clay (I am sure it's nothing like real clay), but when I burned 2 days worth of work on my pac-man and cat beads, I quickly boxed up all modeling clay supplies and put them away.

Take care everyone :)

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Cleo (If I may call you that) below, with the exception of the little guy with a briefcase, are a few of my pieces---

These are gnomes that I made and gave away as gifts
[Linked Image]
Below is a pot that i made to go in my oldest room back in the day. it was made to match the wall painting that she had done.
[Linked Image]
Ever heard the expression "when pigs fly"?? well here is my flying pig!!!!
[Linked Image]

WE are only allowed 3 photos in one post---the largest size we are allowed to have is 640 x 480, which is the size I have here. if I can find a few more in my Photobucket, I will post a few more in the next post. :wink:

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hadn't heard of ravelry either so I had to go searching.
ravelry is a knit and crochet community <--- straight from their headline. I belong to crochetville another 'community'.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Below is a large flower pot that I have made for myself---mind you I have yet to use it!!
[Linked Image]
here is 2 of my Holiday Blossoms and my ghost that I have made for my mantle. The "blossoms" come apart at the waist, just in case you wish to put a little candy inside. lol
[Linked Image]
Last but not least are 3 of the frogs that I have made and a snail. I made them to go out in my gardens. thumbup
[Linked Image]

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
You do awesome work, Carol. You really ought to start a thread in the crafts and hobbies forum so these won't disappear when they delete this coffee house.
I am going to need to do a load of laundry soon. I keep taking Ted's sweatshirts off because it is hot here. But I guess he feels naked in just a t-shirt because he goes and gets another out of his drawer and puts it on. The 'used' ones he is putting into the laundry which was empty before.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That is ver sweet of you to say, Tina.

Sorry Ted is making a lot of work for you---you could always do what my mom used to do when my brother would hardly wear his clothes, & put them in the wash...she would either run it through the mini wash cycle or go get what she deemed "clean" refold it and put it back away. bow lol

Last edited by JunieGirl; Aug 21st, 2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: need to learn to type

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Ted starts school on Tuesday. I really want him to have his clothes clean for that. I could lock up his clothes if I needed to. No he is a sweetie. Just a little quirky sometimes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Tristen and I are home and exhausted. The weather wasn't cooperating as I said so we went to the Mall of America and he went on rides there. He also made a puppy and clothed him at Build a Bear Workshop. It was a fun day. A little spendy, but fun.

Carol....glad to hear that you a feeling a bit better. I love all your work that you have done too, Carol. I know we have seen some of them but I don't think I have seen all that you just shared. Awesome!!

Tina...good luck with Ted and his clothes. Tristen pulls clothes out of his drawers when he is looking for a certain thing to wear and he doesn't put them back. The next day he will throw them all in the dirty clothes instead of putting them away. I guess it is easier for him. lol

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome home, Jessica. I wish the weather had been more cooperative. But next year Tristan will be a little older and really be able to enjoy the rides at the outdoor amusement park much better.
I guess we all end up with laundry that isn't.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
You are right Tina, he will enjoy it more next year. I just feel bad because he has really been looking forward to this. He had fun today though!

June, nice! I love your gnomes. Its admirable that people actually make them from scratch - unlike the plastic kind

Jonni, thanks for checking. With work, family and hobby I can attend only one or 2 group at a time. So here I am...here.

I just saw the shout about spell check. I am a(legal) immigrant and english is my second language. Please be patient with me <---- Austria (the other Australia)

I just saw your frogs junie. If I can just figure out how to send you a private message

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Wow. I just quickly skimmed back and saw some great art work, ceramics....knomes!
just wanted to say hello, I must go back and check this stuff out!

how is everyone this fine friday night???? wavy

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Just checking in.. read this morning but was so out of it with the meds I couldn't think straight enough to type anything... love the ceramics...they are beautiful....
I had the boys for a short time today- Carrie went to get her nails done and to the bank so wasn't to bad- allergies have hit Timothy too- poor kid just felt terrible- he and I must share this allergy cause we both are having it now... just in time for school starting- carrie got him started on meds so hope it helps him...
Joseph was happy with his teachers and classes... he says he intends to really work at it this yr- sure hope so - there is a new girl in the picture and she is a cheerleader- only thing good is she will be busy a lot too.... LOL!
Well I made a meatloaf for dinner (and one for the freezer too) trying to get some meals made ahead again... so going to go eat- and take my meds andI will be gone for the night- kicks me right to sleep...Joe will do mom's last meds and make sure she goes to bed too later on...hopefully this will stop my allergy attack and won't have anymore headaches... bad enough I can't see very well..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
get your belly full, and some good rest nana!

Very nice, ceramics!
I've often thought about wanting to do some 'ceramics' the old fashioned way. like the indians did. dig up some clay, make something, build a fire. cook it in the ground....??? or however they did it? One day I'm gonna goggle all that up and give it a go.

So what's up for the weekend?
the way I feel right now, movies and sleeping are on my agenda.

Cricket

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
We (me and my friends) filled a bucket with the clay and sat at the picnic table and started crafting our masterpieces.
One of the friends made a rabbit...one of the friends made an ashtray...and I made a gigantic pe nis.

bow

haha haha

so, did the masterpen...pieces, stay together after they were subjected to the fire?

Cricket

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,898
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image