Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#293773 Aug 26th, 2009 at 09:31 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Someone better lock up the last one. Cindy posted 100 and was too sleepy do it. snooz
I went out and ran my errands and I am home again. It is to top 105 today and I will hide for most of it. I just cannot deal with those temps outside.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #293778 Aug 26th, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
No rhyme? 2233

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Marica #293779 Aug 26th, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Marica
No rhyme? 2233

I totally for got! egad rolz It wasn't my best night's sleep last night. snooz You can start a brand new one and rhyme if you like. We can get someone to close this one. lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293793 Aug 26th, 2009 at 02:36 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
No-- doesn't seem right since you did start it!!

I am trying to put together a powerpoint or whatever of the garden. We're leaving Monday, and the garden isn't in the best of shape. So I thought I'd make some CDs so people who are looking at the house can see what the garden looks like throughout the seasons.

Oh! And I think I have a readable copy of that interview. I'll try to post it & see if it works.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Marica #293801 Aug 26th, 2009 at 03:13 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
And.. because I really should be ... like ... *doing* something productive ... here's a photo of my daughters.
[Linked Image]

From left to right we have Caroline, the interior designer and artist (eldest & boy does she do a good job with that!), Kat, the professional cook & Bride (middle daughter), Marg, the writer/plant biologist/professional server (she lives at the beach in NC, and just as soon as we get moved, she will be my next project), and Marly who is not my biological daughter but has been a member of our family since kindergarten. Ahh....

[Linked Image]

Marica #293803 Aug 26th, 2009 at 03:30 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup they are beautiful! you are blessed to have a wonderful family. and the kinfolk we acquire is just as important as the ones we produce and/or are born to!

#293805 Aug 26th, 2009 at 03:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
You have a gorgeous family, Marica.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293808 Aug 26th, 2009 at 03:59 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Thank you, Tina!

And Jiffy-- you are so right. I can't imagine how empty my life would be were it not for my "acquired" family!

Last edited by Marica; Aug 26th, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

[Linked Image]

Marica #293810 Aug 26th, 2009 at 04:16 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
so how goes the farm hunt? or will you wait until you get there to continue?

#293812 Aug 26th, 2009 at 04:33 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Oh Lord!

We have 3 properties with nothing on them & two with something on them, under consideration. We are renting a teeny little house out in the country-- like everything is "out in the country" in a state that has < 2M people-- while we figure out what to do. I cannot talk about the most interesting thing b/c I've been sworn to secrecy. O.k. I't s a foreclosure. Sad. And we haven't seen it. All we know is that there's 60 acres and a 3000 sq ft house.

So we'll see. We will either get one of the two places with something on it, or one of the 3 with nothing and build.

This is the end of the line for us. This is where we will spend the rest of our lives. This is o.k. with us. But we need to capitalize on the opportunity to make dreams come true. The one place that has a beautiful house is just way to much. It's beautiful, but I wouldn't have the opportunity to make it mine. you guys understand. I want a greenhouse! John wants an industrial sized kitchen (for the deer). It was another woman's dream-- it's not mine, but it is lovely.

Anyway-- that's where we are. Heading there on Monday. Permanently. Something will happen.

[Linked Image]

Marica #293813 Aug 26th, 2009 at 04:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like fun, Marica. And maybe you have time to really be choosy

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293816 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:13 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sounds like decisions will be made soon, marica.
that is very exciting.
hello, tina. hello, jiffy.
just got finished eating some hamburger helper and garlic bread. sounds so simple, but boy was it good! I only use half the seasoning that comes with those boxed dinners and add my own spices. too much salt for me, in those prepackaged things. I added chopped up okra, and banana pepper. along with oragano and basil. all from the garden. not much growing out there in this extreame heat and drought, but it still feels good to cook with what you've grown, even if it's in small douses.
second day of school here for my kidos and my son's backpack already ripped open at the seems. I got that sewed up and it won't rip THERE again, but geez! what a 'cheapy' expensive backpack that was! how frustrating.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Tina #293818 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:21 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
well, i am happy for you to have the chance to get to your settling place. i hope i am at mine, but only time will tell that.

#293819 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:22 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy hi cricket. i hate when those things rip like that!

cricket #293820 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:23 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
oh that is frustrating, Cricket. I sent John out to buy Ted a new rolling backpack a couple of years ago because the lining began ripping in his old one. He spent way too much for one that I knew wouldn't hold up. Ted is still using the old one and the new one is collecting dust. An emergency backup for now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
#293821 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:24 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
we bought this place with plans on bldg a nice big house 'one day'.
7 years later we are still in a mobil home. lol it's a double wide and was brand new when we bought it, so I can't complain.
best of luck thumbup

Cricket

cricket #293822 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:29 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sounds like it might have filled the bill for now, Cricket. And when you win the lottery you can think about the next thing. At least that is how I think.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
cricket #293823 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:30 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Yea, the kids and their supplies! makes me crazy. every year we buy 50-70 dollars worth of supplies for each of our kids and then they come home from school the first day with just a 'few more' things they need. then at Christmas another small list comes home. 'pls send glue'. and I'm thinking how 'bout I just send a bag of flour and you can make some glue for the whole class!. madd I've spent enough already! rspb

Cricket

cricket #293825 Aug 26th, 2009 at 05:39 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Our younger set does not do lists. The schools have provided all of my kids glue, etc. In middle school or HS the kids sometimes need to purchase a special book or scientific calculator or something. Pencils, paper and such is something I have on hand all of the time.
But the last couple of years i have helped out Ted's classroom just because I worried the budget wouldn't stretch as far. And it is fun! But he is in kindergarten-forever type classes so it is all fun stuff.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
cricket #293826 Aug 26th, 2009 at 06:08 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
Yea, the kids and their supplies! makes me crazy. every year we buy 50-70 dollars worth of supplies for each of our kids and then they come home from school the first day with just a 'few more' things they need. then at Christmas another small list comes home. 'pls send glue'. and I'm thinking how 'bout I just send a bag of flour and you can make some glue for the whole class!. madd I've spent enough already! rspb

I like this attitude!

[Linked Image]

Marica #293828 Aug 26th, 2009 at 06:24 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Marica--your daughters--ALL of them-- are adorable. Thanks so much for showing us a photo of them.

I hope you are able to have a leisurely time picking out just the right house for you and your family.

Hello everyone else.--My "school supply buying" days are over.

Gee,I wish I had them back.

Good evening every one wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #293832 Aug 26th, 2009 at 06:40 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
...My "school supply buying" days are over.

Gee,I wish I had them back....
carol, i was telling mom while she was here that i'm glad i don't "have to" but will be glad to have the grands to enjoy shopping for.

of course, grands are not anywhere near on the horizon yet...

#293835 Aug 26th, 2009 at 06:46 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
carol, i was telling mom while she was here that i'm glad i don't "have to" but will be glad to have the grands to enjoy shopping for.

of course, grands are not anywhere near on the horizon yet...

well not any grands on the horizon here yet either. I am TRYING to be patient--but------

________

JunieGirl #293836 Aug 26th, 2009 at 06:49 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy Hi everyone! Here for a minute and then I have to run out and pick up the chinese food I ordered for the boys. Not sure where the girls are, I asked but the boys are too engrossed in gears of war right now. I had a hard time getting them to tell what they wanted for dinner. I've got a couple of frozen things that I can, I think I'll have the pizza tonight. The grocery store by my house is remodeling and they just finished with the natural food section. I was checking out their more than double freezer items and saw that they now carry more brands of gluten free items. Bonus for me! I'll be back later.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #293839 Aug 26th, 2009 at 06:54 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
that is so very nice--the gluten free items. I saw boxed muiffin mixes gluten free the o ther day.

have fun getting dinner, Cheryl.

________

chermoni #293842 Aug 26th, 2009 at 07:15 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
nice cheryl. i hope that continues to grow for you! and i hope the boys enjoy the chinese. i could enjoy some good chinese right now, but had chicken instead.

#293848 Aug 26th, 2009 at 07:50 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Evening ,
I just got out of a nice hot bubble bath with extra epsom salts for my very sore body... but the basement is at least half done- I sorted out and bagged up so far 2 large trash bags of toys the boys never touch- sorted out the rest into the bins... we could have a war and a railroad with the army guys - GIJoes and other war type stuff and a regular train set with the Thomas stuff Derek was addicted to for about 3 yrs... it will go next as soon as Joe goes out of town again,Derek never plays with it anymore... he's such a big kid now..... and Nicoli isn't into it at all.
It has really cooled off here this week- it's only 70* right now... nice - Joe made burgers for us tonight eating late cause we were both working late on the house and yard work... then we watched the boys ride the tractor after they got out of school - till Carrie took them home- we are letting them walk home once in a while so Joe walked up there to walk with them but made them tell him where to go and how to cross the street with the guard and lights- it's really busy there with all the parents that pick up their kids and the parking lot is not big enough to hold all the cars - so there is a lot of street parking people that don't always look out for the kids that walk... most people meet the kids though and I think I will be doing that too sometimes .. depending on weather of course... Nicoli gets out half hour earlier so we can go to the playground and wait for the other two to get out when the weather is decent, hoping we have a mild winter but after this summer sure not counting on it..really glad we have a lot of wood out there just in case we need it for heat.
Well going to go eat now-- have a good evening all...
Sherri

[Linked Image]
#293849 Aug 26th, 2009 at 07:53 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad that your local is getting on the ball for your dietary needs, Cheryl. That really helps.
I didn't get anything done outside today except some watering. By the time I'm back from running out in the morning it was too hot already. It is supposed to top 100 the rest of the week so maybe not a lot will get done. But maybe I can find some energy somewhere after a better sleep too. Our fire season is creeping closer and closer.
But I have made some plans for indoor activities when it is too hot for outside stuff.
I am pretty happy with the progress out there so far, both mine and the hired out things.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293850 Aug 26th, 2009 at 07:59 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Nana, you are so busy as usual. Do you donate your outgrown toys somewhere?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293851 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:06 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
wavy

I'm tired and probably should be in bed but for some reason I'm just not ready to head there yet. I still have dishes in the sink that need to be done before I go to bed. rspb

We had BLT's for dinner. Can't beat a BLT with a fresh tomato out of the garden. Yummy! I wait all year for that.

I had a short week last week and that is making this week seem very long. Tomorrow is Thursday which means the weekend is close so I shouldn't complain. We are over halfway done.

#293852 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes Thursday--yea!!!

Jessica--thanks I think we will have BLT's tomorrow night. That sounds so good right now!!!

I always stay up longer than I should it seems--but hey what is the fun in always doing as we should??? rolz

________

JunieGirl #293853 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:12 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I agree Carol! I stay up too late every night and wonder why I am tired when I am at work. rolz I am much more a night person than a morning person. I guess I work the wrong hours. lol

Glad I could give you an idea for dinner, Carol. Feel free to return the favor anytime. lol I'm always looking for ideas for meals. We get sick of the same old thing and I get tired of thinking of things to make. It is a never ending battle as I'm sure all of you know.

#293854 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:18 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am a morning person. It is again not yet 8:30 and I'm counting the minutes until I feel able to go to bed. And I took a good nap today.
BLT's sound good. I had a meatball sub for dinner. Not what I wanted but it was a gift from my daughter.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293855 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:21 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I like meatball subs too. I make them once in a while.

I am tired but it just seems to early to go to bed. I have chores yet to do and I like to read before I go to sleep. We will see what happens tonight. I have to get the dishes done at least. I should be doing them instead of looking at the computer. lol

#293856 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:34 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yay! I made it until 8:30. I feel I can go to bed now. Ted will probably bed down well, too. I can't keep my eyes open any more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293857 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:37 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good night Tina! wavy

I am off to wash the dishes and go read. Night all! wavy

#293859 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:50 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well I am off to bed to so nite to all - sweet dreams......
Nana

[Linked Image]
#293861 Aug 26th, 2009 at 08:57 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night Tina--sleep well

Good night Jessica--enjoy the reading

________

JunieGirl #293865 Aug 27th, 2009 at 05:33 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I'm up and on my second cup. It isn't light out yet but I was out setting up sprinklers where I need them to go by flash light. It is to be 107* out there and you can sort of feel it coming on already. I foresee another day of not much going on out there except water, water, water. I am so grateful that we had such a mild month and I was able to get as much done as I was, both what I did and what I hired done for me.
I hope everyone has a good day. I plan one in spite of the heat ahead.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #293868 Aug 27th, 2009 at 07:01 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Gosh Tina, I don't know how you keep up with all that watering. But I suppose it is necessary so you just get it done. Keep cool today!!

Carol, last night after I washed the dishes I went to take out the garbage. I opened the door from the house to the garage and there sat a frog right in front of the door. I had to shoo it out of the garage so that I wouldn't trap it in when I closed the overhead doors. I almost turned the computer back on to tell you last night but I decided that it sounded like too much work. lol I went to bed and read for an hour or so and went to sleep. Of course I was tired when I got up this morning. Such is life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image