30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
wavy Present!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I am here too for awhile.....
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome back, Nana.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I'm here too--well I am here off and on.... notme

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Where are you 'off' to, Carol?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
thanks jiff.
I'm here for a bit. were done with our tiny fire. it's just still a bit too hot! lol but it was nice. reminds me I need to clean out our big fire pit for the winter. dig it down nice and deep, cut and weedeat all around! thumbup

maybe carol is 'off' to see the wizard?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I really don't want to even bbq in the heat. Or eat hot food. A fire pit sounds like my worst nightmare. I had an ice cream sandwich for my dinner and a peach for after.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I really don't want to even bbq in the heat. Or eat hot food. A fire pit sounds like my worst nightmare. I had an ice cream sandwich for my dinner and a peach for after.

yea, I hear ya. it's still way too hot to enjoy a fire, but I'm a big fire bug! I can sit around an outdoor fire for hours just building and watching. it's SO relaxing and tranquilizing for me. today around 5pm the temps dropped below 95....maybe even into upper 80's and the mood struck me! lol last winter I felt I got cheated out of my burning season. the first half of the winter was sopping wet and the last half we had strong winds. I'm just itching for some cool weather and burning. our fire tonight was very small. about a foot tall and two feet wide at the most. water hose three feet away!

icecream sandwich for dinner and a peach for desert! that sounds wonderful!

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket

maybe carol is 'off' to see the wizard?

yep that is it!!! I am off to see The Wizard. haha bow

naw sometimes I am here sometimes I am not---- why

I was just now watching some TV programs--then earlier I was watching my soap on the computer. I think soon I wlll go to sleep for the night. why

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I turned off my 'puter and laid down to nap 3 different times today. But kept getting disturbed by phone calls. I guess it wasn't meant to be. But that is leaving me to watch the clock hands tonight until I feel I can go to bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I should go now but I am not sleepy--but I do that--I drag thru the late afternoon & then about 8, I perk right up until much later---like around midnight or so.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I droop off and on. I went outside to turn off the patio light my daughter left on. I thought I might stay out and sweep it out or something but it was still too hot out. So I had to go out and check the thermometer on the front porch it is still almost 90* out there at a quarter to 9 pm. Too hot to sweep even in the dark.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
tina, I wish you a bit of break like we had here today. I don't know what the temps were, maybe just the humidity was down, but it was pleasant here from about 5pm on.
this last week that I haven't been working, I get up with the sun, lazy all morning, eat lunch then want a nap. even if I just lay with my eyes closed for half an hour. then afternoon I get to moving and by night, I'm energized. everyone is sleeping now, but I just got an idea of a simple project to sew. I wish my motivation would hit me earlier in the day.

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I do not sweep yet--nor will I carry my lawn vacuum--so there is grass all over the porch as Rod just mowed it. oh well---
BTW:
nore do I vacuum rugs or sweep floors yet--I really need to hire my house cleaned. rolz lol

I guess I should go to sleep myself now--morning will come no matter if I want it to or not.

Nighty night everyone--- wavy

________

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
night night, ms. carol. wavy

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sleep well, Carol. I, umm, haven't swept the patio for months or maybe even a year? It is beyond time. It hasn't been much used the last year or so. Except storage. I'm heading to bed myself. I hope everyone has a wonderful night.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is only to be 101* today and that is a good improvement. Then down into the mid 90's tomorrow and a much easier temp to live with. My spirits rise with the lowering temps because I can work outdoors for an hour or so. And I can see the end of my labors.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
good morning.

i'm awake, ready to wake scott up, and start my day. but i'm being lazy first. not interested in doing anything, yet. so i sit here grin

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Lazy is good.
I finally meandered out this morning and made a new pile of stuff to be hauled away. The north and west sides of my house are done except a little more tree and shrub trimming. And then ever after it will just be maintaining it. The west still has more to go but I can see daylight there.
The south is actually my 'shortest' side to clean up but the most difficult. Partly because it includes a cliff and it drifts off into national forest. I have begun but need to concentrate on it a little more. That is where the most weather damage has really occurred over the last couple of years. I have some good sized trees to cut down that are very broken with a lot of dead wood.
I have to be careful of the use of gas equipment at this time of year, like chain saws and weedeaters. The tinder underneath everything is just primed to begin burning. Very dry even as I'm watering it like a mad woman. Any stray spark could take off and burn for miles. And is how many of our fires begin. I think tractors and small equipment is the source for more of out fires than any other single factor.
It is the tinder underneath that I have been concentrating on removing first.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good morning! wavy

How far away are the fires from you? I was watching on the news about it this morning. Sad.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think most of the fires are 40-50 miles away. I'm not sure how exact that is. Could be 30m. But the winds drift in patterns that move smoke our way and then they get trapped in our valley. Air quality is an issue if you are working outdoors. The humidity is up to 31% today and that will help the firefighters a lot.
I am not worried about these current fires for myself. But I am worried about the next ones.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
Fires are way scary.... they are always issuing warnings for the mountain dwellers to clean up their properties to help the firefighters save their cabins and houses if a fire comes close- some do some don't and eventually they pay the price....good for you Tina with all your hard work to help you all stay safer..
Well I made a decision to let my sis have Mom's money and move them all to Vegas to hopefully find a job and live there... with my cataracs gettin worse and my vision drastically going down I don't feel I can keep doing this ... hubby will need surgery on his hernia soon too I think so want to get him in and out of that as soon as we can while I can still see well enough to deal with it... I am hoping they all take better care of her than they did before- but as she wants to go she at least will be happier for whatever time is left to her... I am just not able to keep it up anymore and she would not be happy in a home... so guess this is the best I can do for all of us.
Its only 59* here today and cloudy... Mom slept in cause it was dark so much later... so we are getting a later then normal start on the day- sis is supposed to be picking her up soon too- it's her youngest sons birthday.. so they are doing a bbq- hopefully it won't rain on them.
Well I need to get my shower and get the laundry started too- got to clean up her room too and the bathroom... want to make some bananna bread and muffins too- maybe even soom cookies for the boys lunches..
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You are busy as usual, Nana. I am sorry that you need to send you mother to care you are not so sure about. I hope she is happy and remains in good health. Vegas is actually a good place for jobs. There is always a high turnover. And it sounds like your mother is happy with that decision. You are trying to do what is best for all.
It is too hot here to do much more outside now. I was going to go fill my gas cans and leave Jonni watching Ted but she informed me her hours had changed so I didn't have time. I mixed up the gas/oil for my 2-stroke equipment. But I want to fill the big generator for in case and have more on hand for after that.
So I munched a piece of pound cake for breakfast and wondered what to do with myself. I'm thinking Ted and I will go for a ride. A Sunday drive. So off to get his shoes on and out the door.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
Good morning! wavy

How far away are the fires from you? I was watching on the news about it this morning. Sad.

I was just noticing those fires on tonights news----BUT then I thought they said some rain-storms were coming your way?? am I right ?? I bet a good dose of rain right now would be just the ticket wouldn't it???

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Rain might be here mid week from a hurricane down by Baja. I would love to see the rain but not happy to see Baja devastated before they might get here. Some blessings are so mixed, it is hard to pray for them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
just dropping in to say hello, and goodnight. wavy

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Cricket. I hope you had a wonderful day

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well I will hope the devestation passes Baja by but leaves you the rain prayers

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That would be nice.
good night. I am headed off to bed. It is Monday and a school day tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone, had to work today so I haven't really been able to be online much. Something about this website freezes my work computer, which is just as well since I'm supposed to be working. Had a pretty good weekend, got all my laundry done, Aros and I did our grocery shopping. Tomorrow my friend and I start our 5th week of the 5K training program we've been doing. The 5th week is where the real training starts to come in. By Friday I'm supposed to be able to run for 20 minutes straight. We'll see about that but I hope I can do it. Tomorrow after work I need to take Aros back to the store for him to pick out some more food, I forgot to buy more cereal so I need to go back there too. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Sheri, check my blog, there's a new update!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I woke a little early. But that is not a bad thing. A little early gives me more wake up time before I have to move. Morning coffee is so good.
A new fire broke out in our county last night or yesterday afternoon. So we are on the watch. It is on the far side of the valley from me but something to keep an eye on.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy sneaking in to say good happy monday morning. today is my last late day for the year. (planned going in late lol )

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning Tina, Good morning Jiffy.

I wish you both a good day. I ahve been up since about 3:40 this morning my time rolz

I am going to window shop some wigs today.---DH thinks I need to have my old thicker hair back why trouble is he wants me to wear it long again.

But hey it is a day out---- bow

________

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good morning! wavy

Stay safe from the fires, Tina!

Carol...have a good time window shopping.

It is cool here today. Was 46 when I got up this morning. Brrrr! Starting to feel like fall. I do like fall but I don't like what follows.

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
Checking in quick to leave a pot of coffee and some banana bread ... there are some breakfast burritos here too for those who want something savory instead of sweet-... the tea kettle is hot too with an assortment of different teas in the tea caddy... lemon in fridge if you like.... enjoy- gotta go feed mom now- she was up late watching the Broncos lose last night so is just now time for her breakfast- and then I have Nicoli ..no school for him today... he us Tues - Fri... so we will get to have a little bonding time...
Well have a good day all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Bonding with Nana is very good for Nicoli. I remember my special time with my grandparents, well.
I took Teddy to school and got myself home before it was too hot to work. I got my tools out and took down more than 20 trees. And got some more shrubs trimmed. I got it all stacked (5 piles) and awaiting hauling off. Then trudged hot a sweaty into the house thinking I was going to need to hurry and shower before going off to pick up Ted again. It was only a little after 9 am. No hurry. lol But I am done with chainsaws for the morning. After I rest I may go out with my rake though.
It is also still under 90*. I don't want to waste any good weather.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Tina, you are busy as ever again. Enjoy your rest!

I am going to run home here in a bit to put something in the crock pot over my lunch break. I enjoy coming home from work to a meal that is ready. I believe we have a friend coming to hopefully finish our deck tonight so I want to have something ready to feed them. I love my crock pot! I should use it more often. I seem to go in spurts. My stomach is growling and is ready for lunch.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Crock pots are lovely when you work. Even when you don't. I hope your deck gets done, Jessica.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I hope it gets done too. It has been a work in progress for a couple of months. Just the rail needs to be put so I am hoping they finish tonight. I will share pics when it is done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image