Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Wow , you are always so hopping, Nana. I feel quite lazy when hearing about your doings.
Jonni's work schedule was changed and she wasn't here to watch Ted this morning. So my plans for the morning got changed too. I need to stick closer to the house. I have been out and cleaning up areas I have cleaned before around the house. Climbed on the roof and cleaned the gutters out again. I love my pine trees but they do have their litter side. I will have to do that again about every month or so for the next several. Then raking up on the ground where I dropped all of the stuff and where the trees also deposited their offerings. Getting my beds all ready for all of the plants I have ordered. It is wonderfully cool and still under 90*.
I have one pile of the things I trimmed and am going to fill the wheelbarrow and haul the rest of the stuff to make another pile. Ted came out and helped me haul some stuff. And picked up pine cones for fire starters.
I am taking him to a dog show this afternoon. I am taking the puppy I have been caring for in hopes of finding a new home for her. I just don't have the right place here for her nor the proper time and temperament right now to train her well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Check your Underwear......... yikes

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Check your Underwear......... yikes

Speaking of underwear. This is a true economical fact. Do you know how economist know that the economy is on the upswing? Because underwear sales are up. True. I didn't make this up.

Now that I feel a little better I'm going to be a busy person today just like the rest of you. I know I won't out do Tina or Nana or Lynne or Cindy with her mental abilities, but I am going to re-line the kitchen cabinets, wash out the trash cash and clean up the house. I shouldn't have read what I just typed because now I'm exhausted. Maybe I just won't use my mental abilities. Thinking takes too much of my energy.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Morning everyone. Not feeling so great today, almost on my 2nd cup of coffee. I'll be making breakfast eventually, once these sleepy head kids actually wake up. I have laundry and grocery shopping to get done today. On Monday my mom and I are going to start looking at wedding dresses. We'll see how that goes. I'm just going to focus on getting through today. That's enough for me for now.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry you aren't feeling well today, Cheryl.
Sheri, I am not getting near as much done today as all that you posted. It is humid out there and I do a little and come in to see what everyone is up to while I cool off. Then go load another wheelbarrow. I won't get a lot more done today, I can tell.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Cheryl, both my girls bought their dress the first day we looked and I have 2 nieces getting married in a few months and they did the same. We had to back track to a few stores but we shopped 1 day for each dress. Go with your first instinct and gut feeling and it will be right and you'll be beautiful. My sisters and I agree that the mother of the bride dress is harder to find than the wedding dress. The mother dresses either look like poor old mom is 100 years old or that she's a hooker.

I ran out of cabinet and drawer liner so I'm taking a break. Then I'm going to start cleaning.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'm kind of scared to find one already. Or at least scared to buy one. I won't be wearing it for another 4 months, I don't have a place to store it for that long. What if I lose weight? Gain more? I just want to get an idea of what will look good on my shape. I'm also short so I'm sure I'll need alterations done, at least with having it hemmed. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I managed to get the second load of laundry into the washer and I made breakfast for the boys and me. The girls went to the mall with their friend. I feel worse now that I ate, I thought I would feel better because I was hungry. I'm going to go take some excedrin and hope that does the trick.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am back. It is warm out there. Ted and I went to a mutt show. And then left the puppy I've been caring for with a rescue group. I just did not have the time and inclination to really train her and do her justice. And no fenced yard. But boy, I feel guilty. But better than our pound which is a kill pound.
Ted did find another dog he wanted to bring home. Or rather a 'horse' of a dog that fell in love with Teddy. A Great Dane mix. But he had an owner already. That guy could not believe how much that dog loved Ted. But Ted is like that. He never reaches out to a dog with his hands. If a dog is mellow he offers his face for a kiss. If a dog is rambunctious Ted backs away.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Originally Posted by Bestofour
The mother dresses either look like poor old mom is 100 years old or that she's a hooker.

Oh, COOL! When Rach gets married I can dress like a hooker! grin

that would be a Cats Meow .....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
The mother dresses either look like poor old mom is 100 years old or that she's a hooker.

Oh, COOL! When Rach gets married I can dress like a hooker! grin

You can borrow one of mine. The one I wore to Ginger's is red. No kidding. And I've got hooker shoes to match. I think I posted pictures here. Hooker mother of the bride.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'm actually feeling somewhat human again. Haven't done the grocery shopping yet but we're going to make that a family event tonight or tomorrow. Sheri, I want to see those pics, my mom's favorite color is red.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Now I heard it all.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
hooker mother

[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Evening all,
I am ready to pack it in - we had a great time with the combinatio birthday/labor day party..kids all had a good time... grown ups all got along and food turned out great- have cake left ...anybody want some? have 4 diff kinds of ice cream too... will be giving that out to kids in cones for a while to come.... my house is still in one piece and the dishwasher is humming along- best thing I ever bought was some trays to put paper plates in so you can pitch the plate and use aother one for the desert course... then in the dishwasher they go... that and I bought extra silverware from a resturant supply a long time ago... I hate plastic so this way I always have enough, even when we have 50 or so people- tonight we only had 22...well 23 - little boy from next door came over too and we didn't even notice the extra till we were passing out cake...LOL!
Mom had a good time- my sis came so that made her happy... we got her flowers and her favorite spearment leaves candy and a fill in puzzle book so she is happy as a clam with her birthday presents...found her a singing card too and she liked it- she could hear it when she held it up to her ears and was fascinated how it could play music ... we got flowers too from Carrie and Carrie got me an ivy plant for my upstairs hallway.. so I have a plant to repot tomrrow...
Well I am heading to bed- it's been a long day and I have an early morning again... I sure would like to sleep in past 5 someday again.... that would be so nice...... oh well maybe I will get a nap tomorrow sometime...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is a beautiful Dress, Sheri. Not hookerish at all.
And I'll save a piece of cake for tomorrow, Nana. I'm so glad it went well today. Sleep well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Thornius
Now, my new Scottish son-in-law will FINALLY be here on October 13th so we are getting tea kettles and the accoutrements for afternoon Tea, so he'll feel at home.

On my Astronomy site, most of the members are British, so on our chat forum there, someone will call out, "KETTLE!" and then you know it's Tea time in the U.K. The rest of the day they drink more coffee than we do, plus a lot of wine.

What time is tea time? Do they drink it sweet or unsweetened? We went to a friends house for dinner once and she served either wine or water with the meal. We drank water. A little while after it was over she asked if anyone wanted tea. We live in the south, so Johnny said yes. She brought out a little tray with a little tea pot that was full of steaming hot water and a china cup with a tea bag in it. Not what he expected.

Tea time is in the afternoon. They stop WHATEVER they are doing, NATIONWIDE, and have a cup of HOT tea with cream and sugar along with a plate of biscuits. It is not OUR biscuits. "Biscuit" is the British word for cookie. So they have sweetened HOT tea with cream and cookies around 3:00 PM THEIR time, which is around 9:00 or 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. time. The rest of the day they drink coffee HEAVILY.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sheri, that dress doesn't look hookerish at all. I like it! Thorny, I never understood why the brittish like their tea so sweet. Yuck! Just plain is best in my opinion. I don't remember much about living there but I do remember sweet tea. Biscuits, if I remember correctly, are either a butter or shortbread cookie? I'm leaning towards butter cookie but maybe the cookies are different depending on where you live. Funny how a whole country has a daily tradition.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. A slow starter day for me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I like that idea Thorius. Stop work at 3 for a break - everyone. Why can't we do that here?

Cheryl, I usually don't wear stuff showing my arms or a little low cut. And I don't wear dangling earrings. But thanks. It was all I could find that wasn't stuffy looking.

I'll send it to your mother if she wants it.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Sheri

very pretty dress and mom and daughter.

She has your eyes.

You did well

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
thanks dodge. Wish I had her body.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I like that dress, Sheri! Not hookerish at all!! You look great and so does your daughter!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I love a lady in red. And you are a lady, Sheri.
I am having a hard time settling on what I'm going to do today. I have made one trip to the dumpster with a load of trash that I'm glad is out of my house. I have moved sprinklers around and surveyed all that needs doing still. But have yet to put hands to tools and get anything done. It is only to be in the mid-90's today but humidity is high. This is good for the fires but not so good for me. Maybe just laundry and more indoor stuff. I just can't settle into anything but itching to move and do something.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
Sheri, that dress doesn't look hookerish at all. I like it! Thorny, I never understood why the brittish like their tea so sweet. Yuck! Just plain is best in my opinion. I don't remember much about living there but I do remember sweet tea. Biscuits, if I remember correctly, are either a butter or shortbread cookie? I'm leaning towards butter cookie but maybe the cookies are different depending on where you live. Funny how a whole country has a daily tradition.

Are you originally from the U.K., Chermoni? My friend Geoff at Oxford University in London had some Yummy sounding Italian Amaretto Macaroon biscuits. All the Folk over there LOVE Dark Chocolate (my FAVORITE) especially Orange flavored Dark Chocolate (my FAVORITE, again).

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thanks dodge. Wish I had her body.
:ding:

She has yours............. :ding:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
dodge, you're sweet.

I like shortbread and butter cookies. I could learn to drink tea. It sounds like fun. Like everyone meeting at the pub after work. I have a friend who was a DA in New Jersey. I don't know why they moved here. But he says the main thing he misses is the camaraderie of everyone meeting at the pub right after work.

Stop the itching Tina and get to moving. Laundry is a good thing to do and it's never ending.

Cheryl, you drink unsweetened black tea or flavored teas?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Laundry is humming along, agitating, tumbling away. Dishes are done and I have oven stuff in the oven to get that layer off. I pulled up the carpet tacks that were bugging my sense of right. Ted is happily destroying another VCR (probably).I love to hear him laugh out loud.
I need to take a hack saw or the cut-off saw to the bolts I want removed. It is on a shelving unit that is in great shape. Except someone had bolted particle board for the shelves and put Contac Paper on them and stuck it outside for a plant stand. Well particle board doesn't take water very well even with Contac Paper on it. I used a hammer on the rotted particle board but those bolts are too rusty to remove easily. I will paint the stand with Rustoleum and figure what I want to do for the shelves later. I have some inch thick glass shelves but they are a tad short for that stand.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Cheryl, you drink unsweetened black tea or flavored teas?

Yes!

I'll send it to your mother if she wants it.

Sheri, I wouldn't even be able to squeeze into that skinny dress of yours.

Originally Posted by Thornius
Are you originally from the U.K., Chermoni?

No, I was an airforce brat and we were staioned there for a few years when I was a kid. I also lived in Panama and many states.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm an Army brat Cheryl. I think we definitely have a different point of view than people who lived in the same place all their lives.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I pretty much grew up in mostly one place. We moved around for a couple of years while I was in 4th-5th grade. But we bought a new house on the same street as my birth for 6th through high school. I moved around as an adult to San Diego, Connecticut and NY. Then came back home. After a year or so I bought my mother's house and moved in to raise my munchkins. I only live about ten miles away now. So I'm a homebody for sure.
I did not get as much done today as I had hoped. But it was a good day. My house is a little bit cleaner. My laundry is done until I strip beds tomorrow. Even all of the socks are paired up and put away. Ted and I have several weeks worth so I get a little lazy about those sometimes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night everyone. I am heading off to bed. Tomorrow is another day. And life is good. At least better than the alternative.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Well, we finally got the grocery shopping done. I'm almost fully recovered and feeling much better now. I've lived in the Seattle area for almost 20 years now. This is the longest I've ever lived anywhere, before we moved here we never stayed in one place for more than two to three years. I love it here and never want to leave. I've lived here the longest and to me it's home and I have no desires to live anywhere else. Tomorrow I start my 6th week of my 5K training program and I get to go shopping for dresses! I'm excited. I enabled mobile blogging so I could upload pics and blog as go. Should be fun. My mom is also going to buy me lunch. I didn't sleep much last night so I'll probably turn in early tonight.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Still not sure what my plans are completely today. I did sleep in until 6 am which is sleeping in for me. I have my oldest coming to visit around mid-day. I want her to bring lunch for us from someplace. Jonni got up and out of the house for breakfast at 6:30 at a neighbor's. It is so much cooler today, only to be about 90.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
Well, we finally got the grocery shopping done. I'm almost fully recovered and feeling much better now. I've lived in the Seattle area for almost 20 years now. This is the longest I've ever lived anywhere, before we moved here we never stayed in one place for more than two to three years. I love it here and never want to leave. I've lived here the longest and to me it's home and I have no desires to live anywhere else. Tomorrow I start my 6th week of my 5K training program and I get to go shopping for dresses! I'm excited. I enabled mobile blogging so I could upload pics and blog as go. Should be fun. My mom is also going to buy me lunch. I didn't sleep much last night so I'll probably turn in early tonight.

Cheryl, have you had a cough? You know I had one for a while and kept thinking it would get better and then I ended up with pneumonia. Another friend had a cough and ended up with bronchitis. I know another person, I talked to her today, and she's had a cough for 2 weeks and she sounds terrible. So be careful.

I went to 17 different schools in my life. I thought everyone moved all the time until a friend in the 8th grade told me she had lived there all her life. We were in Arizona at the time. Johnny was born in Charlotte and lived there until we moved to Monroe, which is only 30 miles from there.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning, Cindy. Nice to see your smiling wavy. How are you feeling?
Do you think you have shaken your pneumonia, Sheri? Just have the dregs left?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good morning everyone

I was only an air force b rat until I was like 18 months old.--so no traveling for me.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Goos morning, Carol. Have you any plans for this holiday day?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well sort of---My oldest DD and my MIL are coming over, & we are smoking ribs.

we figure this to be the last big hurrah of the summer.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes it is for most of the nation. Summer hangs on here a little longer though, temperature-wise. We are usually into the hundreds and teens for a while in Sept. And the heat hangs until mid-to late October. We will see what this year brings.
Of course we can do year round barbequing too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
no barbeque for us today. we are just hanging out with gramma. but wanted to stop in and say hello while i had internet. wavy i don't have much here. been keeping a few folks up to date by text message.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,924
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image