Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Gee Jiffy I missed you---darn the bad luck.

and here you were up late too. I was watching the 2 hour season opener of Greys Anatomy. Then I was watching the food channel---

Tina are you still up???

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am not still up. But I am up again. Probably for the day barring naps.
Good morning all. I had thought I had posted a goodnight in here but I guess I just zoned early last night. But up I am now.
Good morning everyone.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
So I'm at what was once called my "good school." Now I'll call it my "not as bad as the other school" and I can hear a woman screaming in the office because the secretary wouldn't release her child to a strange man. It seems this child is a car rider and a man came into the office to pick him up a little early. He said he's the child's step father but his name isn't on the school information as a parent or an emergency contact. So he tells he secretary he'll go back to his car and get his drivers license and she can call mom and mom can tell her to let the student go. The man never came back. While waiting, the secretary called the childs classroom and said to send him to the office, which they did. So the child is sitting in the office waiting for this strange man to return. The bell is getting ready to ring so the secretary calls the mother who is parked down the street somewhere because she didn't want to get tied up in the car line and yes this man is in the car with her. She doesn't call him her husband but her fiance. So the secretary asks what do you want me to do with your son? Put him in the car line? "No! I don't want to get caught in the car line." Then are you coming in to get him? "I'm way down the street. I'll don't want to have to walk up there." Then you'll have to wait until the cars leave and come in and pick him up. She doesn't want to wait that long and in a few minutes she walks in raising hell and can't get over that the school won't release her child to a stranger who evidentially lied and didn't even have a license in the car to start with. The secretary handled it well and told her those are the rules and I'm not breaking them for you or anybody else.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well Sheri in this day and age the secretary had no choice. And given how most people do not do thier job she is to be commended for it. bow

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good for the secretary. She did a good job!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Bestofour
So I'm at what was once called my "good school." Now I'll call it my "not as bad as the other school" and I can hear a woman screaming in the office because the secretary wouldn't release her child to a strange man. It seems this child is a car rider and a man came into the office to pick him up a little early. He said he's the child's step father but his name isn't on the school information as a parent or an emergency contact. So he tells he secretary he'll go back to his car and get his drivers license and she can call mom and mom can tell her to let the student go. The man never came back. While waiting, the secretary called the childs classroom and said to send him to the office, which they did. So the child is sitting in the office waiting for this strange man to return. The bell is getting ready to ring so the secretary calls the mother who is parked down the street somewhere because she didn't want to get tied up in the car line and yes this man is in the car with her. She doesn't call him her husband but her fiance. So the secretary asks what do you want me to do with your son? Put him in the car line? "No! I don't want to get caught in the car line." Then are you coming in to get him? "I'm way down the street. I'll don't want to have to walk up there." Then you'll have to wait until the cars leave and come in and pick him up. She doesn't want to wait that long and in a few minutes she walks in raising hell and can't get over that the school won't release her child to a stranger who evidentially lied and didn't even have a license in the car to start with. The secretary handled it well and told her those are the rules and I'm not breaking them for you or anybody else.

As a parent, this is how I would expect the school to handle that situation and would be incredibly glad that they did! They can't let kids leave with just anybody. I'm glad the secretary did what she did!!

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am up before the sun again today. But that is OK. It is to be hot again but cooling down all of the coming week. I am hoping to get a start on the raking I need to do as soon as I can see to do it. This cold knocked me off of my schedule.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Ok, I had a cough and felt bad for over a month now and I've decided this is the day it's going to be over. I'm tired of it. Misery loves company and it does give me a little peace to know other people who have been suffering the same way so I'm not alone. Once this cough latches on it wants to stay. I'm going to do a little go away cough dance and be cured. Please join me.

[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I think it would help my cough if I didn't smoke. I am sorry yours is hanging on too, Sheri. Have you had a follow up with your Dr. since you had the pneumonia?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been out working. Just a little at a time. Then coming in to cool down. Then back out. But it is getting hotter and hotter out there. I may not get much more done today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
but any you get done will help tina.

sheri, i'm dancing with you. for your cough, tina's cough, my piggy fingers, and cindy's whatever is ailing her. i know cindy can't dance with us, but maybe if we add a few extra steps, that'll cover her too why i hope?

i'm just poking in before i go take a nap. got a headache, again rspb

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry about your headache, Jiffy.
I am probably finished for the day. The heat is getting overwhelming out there. But after days of not doing much it felt pretty good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi Cheryl

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
is cricket back yet?? She told me she was having computer problems.

We've been for the past 3 or 4 days now getting a new roof. We found a leak after all that rain and then after a closer look found a 14 foot strip that was totally rotted. So we decided for a whole new roof job....we picked blue so i guess I'll be painting the shutters blue to match

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I haven't seen Cricket for a while suzydaze.

We used to have a friend in a wheel chair who would dance all the time. He was paralyzed from the waist down and he'd get on the dance floor everywhere we went and put his chair on the back wheels and roll around bobbing his head and shoulders to the music. He was cool. He's dead now - not from what put him in the chair - a whole other thing.

Tina, I have to say this to you about your cough. DUH!

Jiffy, sorry about your piggy fingers. That's gotta be painful.

we're a sorry lot aren't we.

Cheryl, you're on the count down. Time flies.

Has Shirley quit the forum?

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have done nothing this afternoon except laundry and nap.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
that's a good afternoon, jonni13.

I just finished eating soup and now I'm watching terrible movies Johnny got at Blockbuster. He has no taste in movies and he rented several that we have seen before. Note to self: don't send Johnny to Blockbuster alone.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Bestofour
...Note to self: don't send Johnny to Blockbuster alone.
i don't send scott anywhere by himself that i care what he comes back with, unless he has a detailed list and no extra money...
Originally Posted by suzydaze
is cricket back yet?? She told me she was having computer problems...
i got a letter from her today. it sounds as if it will be a while, but she said she was going to try to hobble into the library to get on and say hello...

she sprained her ankle pretty badly, that's the reason for the hobble. she said she's been making them wait on her, she's really on just one foot.

i spent the morning with kate. mid day napping to rid myself of the headache. worked too, until i got up and moving, then it came back with a vengeance. so i'll be crashing before too long. then, from 4 until just about 15 minutes ago, i was back at kate's for a chocolate party and dinner. dinner was good, the chocolate party was better.

brought dinner and chocolate home to matthew. told him if he touched the chocolate i brought home for me, i'd take a baseball bat to his fingers.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Keep that bat handy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
right by the bed! haha

ok folks, i'm out of here. have a good night.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
haha I am still laughing!!! that is a good one---yes keep the bat handy!!!!

nighty night everyone wavy Sleep well......... snooz

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night Jiffy and Carol. I'm gonna zone on a few games before turning in.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And good morning all.
I was up for a while in the middle of the night so ended up sleeping in. That is OK but I missed my early morning cool work hours. I need to get some things done so I don't feel like I wasted a whole day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sorry you're still getting up at night Tina. Try night time sudafed.

We went to church, which is an hour away, then to lunch, then rode out to my nieces (whose yard we're working on) so we just got home. It's been a long day.

I'm eating left over vegetable soup. I think it's better the next day.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I hope you had a nice day, Sheri.

We went to church, then to eat lunch--then to grafton--(a river town--that is full of antique stores, wonderful restaurants, a few orchards & once or twice a month they have a very large flea market).

---This was Flea Market weekend--I was SO happy.---But as we had my MIL along, I kinda skimmed thru it quickly.--but hey, skimming is better than not going.

We also bought some apples from a roadside stand---My youngest is going to make 'hard' (I think) apple cider, so her daddy bought her the apples. why

Sounds like you had a full day, sheri---so now you get to rest huh???

PS: I would live on soup if I did not have to feed Rod. I love soup.

Tina, I hope you begin to feel better soon...... kissie

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I hope you had a nice day, Sheri.

Tina, I hope you begin to feel better soon...... kissie

I am going to try. I am pretty determined, Carol. Will power helps and then there are drugs to pick up the slack.
I have actually had a pretty lazy weekend except watering and laundry. Only a little outdoor work.
I cut my hair tonight to perk up my spirits and so I didn't have to push it out of my eyes so much. So I am ready for a new week and a new me.
Also our weather is supposed to be more moderate this week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning all. I hope today finds you recharged and ready for a new week.
And I woke with definite improvement today. So I am raring to go.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning everyone---
(there is a few minutes of morning left here--central time ya know)

________

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Just dropping by b/c my stomach is in a knot. I'm not the nervous nellie type but today is nerve wracking.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sorry Marica. I have that problem every now and again too---I hope it passes for you soon. kissie

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
My fingers are crossed for whatever is knotting your stomach, Marica.
I have been busy finally. Cleaning up fall litter outside. I am redoing a tired old flower bed (on a hillside). I did dishes and bill paying inside. I am on a roll again. The dregs of my cold are still hanging around under there but I'm ignoring them in favor of the cooler work temps.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Farm. Bank. Mortgage. ??? Aughh.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Here is the situation.

My husband met a Master Carpenter on a job site several months ago. He said he's also a painter and pretty much handy man. He called my husband about a month ago and said his work was down to nothing and did he have anything he could do. Remember HE called us.

So, we live in an old house and my husband said sure come on over. He did and gave us a price on painting 3 rooms - gave us the usual price.

The first week he showed up and painted every day and he is the absolute best I've ever seen. Like I said our house is old and he's made the rooms he's painted look new. He takes small jobs, like fixing the lock on the bathroom, on himself while the paint dries. I thought we'd hit the jackpot. We had talked about many other things for him to do. But after the first week he called and said he had another job come in and he'd return to our house on Saturday. The 1st time I said ok. He painted that Saturday and Sunday and then said he'd be back the next Saturday. I asked him then if he's treating us like a side job because we're paying regular price and HE called us. He got sort of hateful with me and said "I need to be at my other job this week." He came back that Saturday and Sunday and now it's been 3 weeks since he's showed up. He texted me Friday and said he'd be at our house Saturday, then Saturday he texted and said he's be there yesterday. He has a key to our house. When we got home from church yesterday, thinking he'd be there or finished and gone he hadn't even been. Johnny texted him last night asking what's up and he said the fuel pump went out on his truck. Does that mean his phone broke too? Now he's supposed to come tomorrow.

Even though he does a great job I don't want to deal with him anymore. He's been paid to the point of tomorrow.

What would you do?

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
I'd change the locks-- and don't have him do it. Not saying he's not trust-worthy. Just saying he has a key to your house and already has proven himself unreliable, and he lied.

[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
as far as the key goes, yep---at very least get it back, I doubt if the changing locks is necessary---well unless you would sleep better..

now about him being unreliable---the only thing he has done wrong in my eyes is not show up when he said he would--as far as fitting you in, he told you his job was slow right then, so he WAS fitting you in (for the extra money)--you WERE a side job, sorry. I would consider that being up front.
But then like I say he said he would come on the weekend & didn't--and while perhaps his car DID break down--he should have called.--
so in that respect I too would consider him unrelaible..

But he is in the middle of a project. I think I would have him finish up BUT not pay him the rest until he was done.--you have given him some money already so he should know YOU are reliable and trustworthy.

Then when this job is done find yourself another handy man for the next time.

and I think---when a person is doing a job for extra moeny, it is NOT a good idea to pay them upfront---because when they get said "extra" money it
sometimes catches them up--and there is no need to do the extra work, or be very responsible about doing it. why

Just my opinion here, but at least you get another point of view this way. kissie I wish you the best of luck.

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hired out the building of a closet and a second bathroom on this house as a second job from a friend. I told them up front if they got a real job, mine could go on hold until they had time to finish mine. So a different situation, really. And we are still very much friends.
I am not sure what you will feel most comfortable doing, Sheri. You have gotten some good advice here. But in the end it is doing whatever makes you feel best. And talking it over with Johnny. Because it is his friend too. Make sure he is also happy with any decisions.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
We weren't a side job Carol Jean. This is the kind of work he does and he had completed his other work - that's why he called. He was looking for work. We asked this up front because I didn't want to be considered a side job because I didn't want the house torn up forever. Johnny told him we didn't want any deals and so we paid the going rate. I would have expected this if we were considered a side job because to me that means you're worked in between the real work.

We'll see if he comes tomorrow.

The wind is blowing so hard here I can barely stand up outside. What in the world.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi all ~

Maxi is busy doing his homework and I am writing shopping lists for tomorrow. I have to shop of Maxi's 14th birthday, which is on Sunday. I've got some okay ideas but nothing truly exciting yet. Maybe I'll get inspired while I'm out there doing it!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
are you having a party at home or somewhere else? 14 may be too old for the skating rink or a pool party.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,881
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image