Grande Damme
20k Posts
lol

wavy

Hi everybody! Welcome to a new CH!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
James if you don't use your wood stove or have a gas insert for the other thing, how do you heat your place?

I want to move to a house w/ either a fireplace or a wood stove. I get crazy when we lose power here.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
wavy
...sorta just passing through...trying to get rid of a bad funkadelic funk.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Whoooooosh!

There went Cindy!!

lol

Get outta your bad funkadelic funk, my friend.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Boy been a busy day.... got my fridge and the icemaker works !Yay! course have to let it goe thru 3 cycles before we can use it but nice to know I can have ice in my tea again... Teresa came over today and suprised me with Windows 7 Ultimate for my desktop... she installed it for me and it has some cool backgrounds and screensaver pics- haveing fun just looking at them--- it seems to work smoother but really not noticeing a lot of difference... may as I go along and play...

We have the woodstove insert in our fireplace and it heats up nicely .. we do have the wood cut small to fit in it and the few pieces that don't Joe cuts down with the chainsaw... thats one of next week projects bring a load of wood into the garage ... so far we haven't needed it... but nice to know we have it incase we lose power...LOL!

I have started figuring out what to do for Christmas this yr... twins are getting moved into their own room soon and will get new beds , it's a Nascar theme so I am making them blanktets in two shades of blue fleece... and curtains for the windows blue , with red valances... will get them some cars and trucks too ... I am doing books for Timothy, Derek is getting music for I pod he is getting for his Dec birthday... he wants one so bad he is giving up a birthday party for it... Joseph will get money as will all the teens... just have to come up for something for Nicki- she is 13 and Sarah whos is 12...
girsl are hard for me... they may get gift cards or cash too... going to start collecting stuff for stocking stuffers too...
Well gotta go and get something for dinner... got leftovers so that may just be it.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yay on your fridge! And ice!
You do have a good start on your Christmas list, Nana. I have one gift for one child so far.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
1k Posts
1k Posts
Good evening.I haven't been around for a while since I've had a lot of schoolwork to do.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you are concentrating on your schoolwork, Enrique. But I do miss you when you aren't around.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm bored since my mom went somewhere.Last week I went fishing with my dad.I caught at least 30-40 bluegills and sunfish;I kept about 20. I sowed some lettuce seeds last week and now they are growing well.I should remember to thin them.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, we are lucky that we can grow cool weather crops all winter most of the time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
1k Posts
1k Posts
Hopefully we get a lot of rain this winter to ease the drought.

Waiting for fall...
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hope everyone has a good night, staying warm and comfortable.

It is 28 degrees here and all I can think about is hot Red rose tea and my snuggly bed.

Nightie night!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Merme, we have central air with a heater; which I might add completely croaked last season lol... We had the fire dept here because we smelled burning coming out of all of the vents, then after disconnecting the heater at the breaker the smell went away. When a repairman came out he recommended that we replace the entire system, which was met with mild laughter since it's a little expensive lol.

You should have seen the size of the hairball that the repairman pulled out of the heater; it was larger than the dog that produced all of the shed fur lol

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Filters, they make filters for those things, James.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Filters, they make filters for those things, James.
And we have them; but when you're slightly disabled and your basement floods it's a little hard to get down there and change them as often as they need to be changed ;)

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Thanks for your input, Tina. The logs are all small enough to fit into our fireplace and we were planning on burning them along side those firelogs you buy in the stores. It's kind of sad that my neighbors tree is falling apart. Literally. Twice now a huge branch has spontaneously fallen, luckily when no one outside and the both times it narrowly missed both our roofs. But, we get the free firewood and the neighbors don't have to haul it so it's a win win that way.

We just ate dinner, late I know, but we're like that. I'm doing well on my novel writing, I just passed the 10,000 word mark today. That's the most I've written into one story before. I'm really happy with my progress and so far I've been ahead of my daily word count goals. Aros and I are planning on having some sort of evening together so I probably won't be here long. Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Dropping in to say good night. I'm gonna putter and play a couple games and then head to bed. No alarm clocks for me tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I'm getting ready to go to the health dept to get my H1N1 vaccine,,,,then I will have all the vaccines I need before the surgery. It's been like a 'treasure hunt' for the last week, finding all the shots. Got the regular flu shot in London, had to go to Lexington for the pneumonia vacccine, now (hopefully) I will get the H1N1 today and have all that behind me.

wavy

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good luck with that, Cindy. that shot has our news all tangled up with the stuff about lines and priorities. I hope it goes smoothly for you.
Good morning. It is Saturday and I get a rest.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good sun shiny morning, everybody!

Maxi and I slept in today. Well, actually, the kid is still sleeping.

About those vacines. I was really surprised the other day when I called my primary to change an appointment and their answering blurb stated they were out of the vacine and then gave a list of other places to still find it! I have also seen signs up that this or that flu clinic is closed already.

Cindy I'm sorry you had to go so far to get the pneumonia vacine. I get that at my primary's office.

Cheryl I hope you had a nice evening with Aros.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning everyone !!

Cindy, I get my pneumonia shot on Monday---I got my seasonal flu shot several weeks ago at my pharmacy (NOT walgreens, just our local pharmacy)--Now for ME to find someone to give me the H1N1 shot--- why

Today is another nice day. I think I will go to a few craft shows. the people where Rod works are having a craft show and then the H/S where my kids went are having their fall craft show The entire Gym and the Halls are full of booths & tables--they have been doing this for years, it is very nice---I like to go to it and get some Christmas gifts---Now to find someone to go with me rolz-----

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I'd love to go with you, Carol!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
alrighty then--can ya be here about 11--(that is my time) it is 9:24 here now.

why I'll even buy ya lunch !!! bow

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't think I can make it in time. I hope you have a lovely day. I am debating whether to get up and go to a harvest fair being put on by my son's school. He may enjoy it. He will enjoy it a lot if they have a petting zoo.
Right now I am cooking. I have a pork loin and a cherry pie (Mrs. Smith's) in the oven. Cloths in the dryer and I am watering outside like a mad woman. Rain would be pleasant.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I know I'll likely get razzed for it, but you can count me out of the H1N1 vaccine pool...

Did you know that the 1976 swine flu vaccination killed more people than the virus itself? Did you also know that, in order to make enough vaccine this year for everyone who wants it, they skipped the "standard" testing procecurs? The fact that the government gave drug companies legal immunities with the swine flu vaccination worries me enough that I won't bother with it...

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Moguai
I know I'll likely get razzed for it, but you can count me out of the H1N1 vaccine pool...

Did you know that the 1976 swine flu vaccination killed more people than the virus itself? Did you also know that, in order to make enough vaccine this year for everyone who wants it, they skipped the "standard" testing procecurs? The fact that the government gave drug companies legal immunities with the swine flu vaccination worries me enough that I won't bother with it...

EXACTLY the reason I am NOT going to get the vaccine!!! A good friend of mine got it 2 days ago and was vomiting all day, non-stop yesterday!

After the reaction my daughter had from the Guardasil vaccine, which was also NOT tested enough before approval, we are staying away from all shots that have not been proven more beneficial than hurtful.

That said... if one has compromised health, then they really need to weigh the benefits verses bad outcomes and do what is best for themselves, right?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Yeh, all I ask is that people do some research before seeking to shove contaminants into their systems :(...

Here's a good one, did you know that you're just vaccinating yourself from previous strains? Viruses are constantly changing, who's to say it'll be the same strain this year? Most of the stuff they're basing the current H1N1 vaccine from is the 1976 strain...

Don't get me started on the mercury lol... not to mention formaldehyde...

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
My daughter is bigtime allergic to formaldehyde - don't tell me that's in the vaccines?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Yeh, they have a list of some of the major contaminants here it's a short (but good) read if you have a couple of minutes.

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
oh [BLEEP]

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: I said a bad word.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
oh [BLEEP]
I love making people say that in the morning...

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts

James, dear, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion! I doubt anybody would razz you! Most everyone I know has strong opinions pro or con vaccines. People gotta do what they gotta do, as Lynne pointed out. Sorta? lol

We had a local teenager pass away from the H1N1 flu.... very sad.

Wish I was going with Carol Jean to the craft fair! But it is so cold here today, I don't even wanna stick my nose out the door. Poor Maxi is wrapped up in his big comforter on the couch. When he gets up, he walks around wrapped up in it!

James, I've also been thinking of your heating system. I don't know how isolated your living situation is, but, since you can't easily change the filters and clean it out yourself, do you have a friend who might be willing to do it for you, provided that person has the time when the area is not flooded?

I have a couple of friends who don't mind dropping by to do the occasional... change light bulbs or batteries for my smoke detectors or pull the a/c's out of the windows, etc.

I think lots of friends would rather help you prevent a catastrophe than help you cope with a disaster that could've been prevented w/ a little timely help?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I used to have a couple, but right now my room mate is out of town as is my brother (for another month).

I'm hoping that i can get the stitches out of my feet within the next week or so before our weather gets too much worse; I need to replace the hose on our sump pump before the storms get worse... If the basement floods too bad it'll put out the pilot light on our hot water heater (why they put it in the basement when they knew it flooded is beyond me)

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

I don't get those shots either,, Never have, never will. I've seen too many people fall ill because of it,, I feel I have a better chance with out it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
James it makes no sense to have put the water heater in a potential flood area! why That sort of thing is always so surprising!

I'm glad you will not be on your own for a very long time to come! And I do so hope your feet heal soon!!

Diane that is exactly what I was talking about! Maxi and I have gotten the flu vaccines faithfully for years and have never gotten the flu. He has to have them because of his asthma and I must have them because I'm so compromised. The shots have kept us well. But even so, one always hears stories of others who have not done well on them!

Maxi has science homework to do this weekend. They've been exploring their personal ecological footprint in class and now he has to write about ways to improve his.

I had to laugh, though. My son is such a ham when it comes to performing in public. He is undaunted! All the science classes held debates on forms of energy. In every single class -- except Maxi's -- nuclear power lost the debate! It won in Maxi's class because Maxi led the debate in favor of nuclear power! lol That kid is VERY persuasive!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
OH Goodness, James--I for sure WILL look into it, but like I have said, I REALLY cannot afford to get sick with anything unprepared.--Luckily I am going to the Drs. on Monday with my MIL he WILL get questions.

Now, --about the craft fairs---Tina & Merme---you didnt miss a thing. The first one was REALLY an open house in a BEAUTIFUL country home of the previous owner of the place where Rod works.=---Did I say it was beautiful?? well it was...

Then the one at the Lutheran H/S was smaller than usual. I guess it was not down the hallways as it has been in the past. and while I am not positive, it looked to me like the isles had been widened---so I think at least 1 row of tables were not in the gym either. There was not as much on the tables nor as muc variety either.

I guess people all over are tightening their belts.. why

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I was hoping you would come back with some awesome ideas from the craft fairs. I am sorry they didn't seem as nice as years of yore.
I have tried to nap twice this afternoon and it just isn't happening.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
thanks Tina---I too wish I had come back with at very least ideas if not some Christmas Gifts bought.----
I did see the neatest purses though----you get a "shell" and you buy seperate coverings----that way yo can change your purse to go with the season or the occasion the name begins with an "M".--I had a card I cannot find it right now---but you had to practically bring your savings account with you to buy them...

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Purses can be pricey. I don't use one. I do have a fanny/belly pack that I strap on if I really need more than my pockets. I haven't worn it in a couple of years.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I would have liked to have seen those purses, Carol Jean! I am very fond of purses! While I did use a fanny pack when I hiked all over creation (it left my hands free, which I prefer) for ordinary use, I like a purse! I never carry much stuff with me, so I only need a small one, but I like them to enhance my outfits. So changing them frequently is great! Like good nail polish or jewelry!

Maxi and I had a wonderful dinner tonight; we both cooked. Our autumn candles look so pretty on the table, too, with the autumn wreath I put below them. We always have candles burning during meals and I like to have the variety of the seasons although my mom used white tapers most often.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image