Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
bare with me if this is a terrible post, i'm a noob and this is my first time in the forums here

after the christmas season i bought several leftover small indoor baby evergreens/conifers. i am not positive which each one is (i knew at one point but their care sheets have been lost :( )

I'll do my best to describe them and maybe someone has an idea of what they are:

one is a deep green, very soft, and has little spires of short thick needles about 3cm long. its about a foot tall. this is the one that is suffering most severely. I replanted them when I got them (months ago now) and it has been doing fine until the past few days/week has started turning brown and drying out. I have been sure to water it, but the soil it's in doesn't seem to absorb water well. I don't know why as it seemed like a fine brand of shrub/tree mix we had around the house.

one is a pale blue/green with a white kind of gloss, and it has needles also only about 2-3cm in length. this one is probably 8 inches high. Not turning black yet, but seems droopy (not sure if this is just a characteristic of the species or if there is a problem) the top spires of needles bend over, without any pointed tip or top of the tree.

I am new to small trees and just wanted to try figuring out how to help them and keep them growing strong.

Thanks!

The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
Most houses are waaay too warm for evergreens!
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/Christmastree.html

OP Offline
That's SUPER helpful! thank you! do you think it's ok to leave them in their pots still while they're outside? the place i live now isn't where i want them planted :(

The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
That will be fine as long as you don't get a hard freeze. Let them get accustomed to bright sun slowly, in steps. If you post some photos, we may be able to identify your trees for you....
//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/297514#Post297514

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image