Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Hey,

I'll being with a picture as to how far along my herbs are...
[Linked Image]
From left to right:
Sage, Thyme, Dill, Basil and Rosemary

I believe that I am now getting to a stage where I need to thin the herbs down (particularly the Dill). I was wondering what does thinning down actually mean doing? Should I simply seperate the Dill in half, or quarters and plant into separate pots (breaking the soil up and creating more space between the plants) etc?

Also, is the Thyme also at a point that it needs thinning?

N.B. I have only bought the Rosemary today so hoping it will be a speedy grower!

Thanks for your replies and help!

Sam

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,416
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,416
Likes: 67
Can you please resize your pics?...our dial up users can't upload them at this size.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,562
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1