Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#314157 Apr 22nd, 2010 at 04:49 PM
jj94 Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently applied liberal amounts of a pesticide in the spot where I usually plant my vegetables and fruits. I wasn't thinking at all when I applied the pesticide, and now I'm worried that the chemicals will affect the plants and the vegetables/fruits will have higher than normal concentrations of the chemicals found in the pesticide I used. The pesticide's active ingredients were listed as such in decreasing percent of total content:
Monosodium acid methanearsonate
2, 4-D, dimethylamine salt
Mecroprop-P, dimethylamine salt
Dicamba, dimethylamine salt

Can anyone help?

Josh
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Was there instructions on the brand of pesticide you used? For around vegetables?
Monosodium acid methanearsonate
2, 4-D,
dimethylamine salt
Mecroprop-P, dimethylamine salt
Dicamba, dimethylamine salt
This list is herbicides, not pesticides. They usually will tell you on the labels how soon after you can plant safely.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
jj94 Offline OP
OP Offline
Nope. And yeah, I made a typo. I did mean herbicides, not pesticides. Haha, sorry for the confusion. Should I wait till next year to grow things?

Josh
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
You didn't say which brand you used. It can make a difference! Please, a little more information?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
jj94 Offline OP
OP Offline
I believe it was Bayer that I used. The weed killer was originally meant for lawns, but I made a mistake of using it on grounds meant for a garden. There is nothing planted there as of now so when I applied the weed killer, I figured everything would be alright later. It was only a couple days ago that it hit me that the chemicals would probably stay in the soil long after the application.

Josh

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image