Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#315886 May 1st, 2010 at 01:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
I saved some pumpkin seeds from our halloween pumpkins last fall. I put them in a paper bag in the garage. I planted them 2 weeks ago and I have not seen anything popping up yet. Do I need to give them more time?

Thanks
Tom

tawright915 #316029 May 2nd, 2010 at 05:13 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,430
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,430
Likes: 67
You should have seen something by now, 5 days usually at most. Can you dig in one to see if it's doing anything. Sometimes the seeds seem hollow, if they are then they won't germinate.

You might have to buy a pk of seeds.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #316108 May 2nd, 2010 at 02:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
Yeha I cracked one open and it was green and juicy on the inside. I'm going to give them a couple more days. I planted some ones I got from the store just in case.

Thanks

tawright915 #316123 May 2nd, 2010 at 03:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,430
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,430
Likes: 67
You could sit the tray on top of your fridge for some added warmth.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,600
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Bill 3
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1