Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#318415 May 18th, 2010 at 07:06 AM
OP Offline
OK alot of my hobbies and crafts end up being tied to our main hobby/passion.

We are big time snowmobilers and were married on them . We also are very involved in a group that puts on charity rides for breast cancer every year on snowmobiles.

I'll have to cover those 2 stories in depth a little later.

This little hobby here is about making a event album to save all those memories.
I been working with my pics and vid clips to make movies of our times of fun for a few yrs now.

Some of the pics I'll morf to add something different to the look , cut and edit vid clips from the camera, ad some foot notes and music and you you end up with a nice little film of your experience.

The neat thing is ... with little movies made and put on disc you can store them away for a nice little libary and not have tons of pics clogging up your PC ..or loosing them when your PC crashes.

These can be made very simple , just takes time to put it all together.
You start by collecting all the pics and vid clips you want to use in a file , vid clips will need to be re-formated for windows rather than ouicktime your camera uses.This is done by a format program...I use format factory(quick and easy).

Then I use Windows movie maker to put it all together, add the titles/notes and music . When done , save and put on a disc. Any windows program will read it when done . I also am playing with some to put on DVD for our sponsers to play at there place of biz for or charity events .

Right now Im going through some old paper pics ....pre digital camera days and scanning them to the PC. Then I can take and build a move and have the memories on disc for my libary..

Here's a taste...
This is the lastest when the wife and I were on our 7th anniversary ride. This has been a tradtion for us.. every yr we ride on our day.
Most of the time we have a big group go and make a fun party out of it , but this yr we went solo.

Enjoy and I have more if you like to see grin

Rick

clicky>>> http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=EF768BB30676BDFB

Don't like the weather in Michigan?..wait 30 sec.
snowfarmer #318418 May 18th, 2010 at 07:17 AM
OP Offline
oh fizzle sticks ...put it in the wrong place.....sorry willy egad

snow

snowfarmer #318430 May 18th, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
How FUN!

thumbup

And very sweet, too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #318455 May 18th, 2010 at 08:46 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I like it! Except for the part with all the snow. lol I don't do well with snow, and because of that I've never been on a snowmobile. They look like fun!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #318542 May 19th, 2010 at 04:15 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
how cold was it? I'm freezing just watching.

Bestofour #318608 May 20th, 2010 at 07:52 AM
OP Offline
lol you guys are funny... that one 4 letter word nervous

Im going to have a hard time sharing things without that "snow" word lol

You guys will find out "I" need to live in Alaska :wink: .

As far as cold ...naaa not bad at all "if" you dress right . Most of the time I get too warm when out playing in it . Best temps for riding is 10-20 degrees and the less sun the better ...."sun kills" in the snow peoples world.

Here's another vid , this one is our 6th when we went to a friend's cabin .

Every vid I make is different, learning new tricks and adding things as I go. The one thing about using Movie maker is you need to have a decent amount of memory on you PC . It needs to remember where all your pic's and vid's are along with all the special effects to complete the final save. This is why I said to make a file just for the movie stuff your going to use so it does'nt have to hunt so much for it.

Music is important to the vid .
This sets the tone of the story but you need to be careful. If your going to use it and "not " put it up on a host site then no worries, but if you do upload it.. it gets tricky. Copyrights get to be a issue and some will slide through and some get caught and they block your sound out .

Like I said though I do it for my own libary for the most part and to share with friends and family .

PICS...
When using pics the best is to use them in org size. Using small pics will distort them in the vid or not make it full screen.
And.. I can show you that too ....with snow ! haha

Here's our 6th, we spent with friends on our day.
Only one other then us was from Mi , the others were from Ohio and Indiana.
This trip is a hr closer to home then the 1st one only 2hrs away.

Enjoy>>> http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=8BE62C28CD7F0589

snow

snowfarmer #318612 May 20th, 2010 at 09:04 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Are you snowmutt?

It looks like fun. I'd definitely like the tubing part.

Bestofour #318687 May 20th, 2010 at 06:38 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Are you snowmutt?

It looks like fun. I'd definitely like the tubing part.

wavy yep.. nervous what did I do??

There is a place in the upper peninsula we call thunderbowl(old ski hill).
We go there to climb the hills, but we have been there when a church group was there tubing.

I have video of about 15 kids at one time go down in our 5th anniverary vid.

I can upload that one if you like me too. That one is 9min long...I think, and it has some nice scenery of what we really get to see when out on the trail... even has a groomer ride (smooths out the snowmobiling trails).

Depending on where we go and conditions , we will ride 100-200 miles in one day and see many neat places along the way .

Oh that reminds me .. movie tip.

Time limts... if you plan to upload on a host site to share, most limit you on length.
Under 10 mins is the norm for limits at most free host sites....not fun rebuilding things to fit after you have made it. egad

snow

snowfarmer #318716 May 21st, 2010 at 03:27 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Great video..very well put together thumbup

I love snowmobiling...years ago DH bought me a new Polaris Edge X, on my first trip out~I rolled it. He sold it on me haha Haven't driven since.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,920
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image