Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#319128 May 23rd, 2010 at 07:29 PM
OP Offline
I'm quite new to this whole gardening thing, and my wife and I have just planted some flowers in pots on our back deck. One pot is looking great, with dahlias and black-eyed susans. The other pot with 3 different coleus are having some trouble!

The main trouble is with the light green one. It was totally solid in color the day we got it, and 2 days later the edges started to curl and turn brown, and now there's brown all over it. It's sitting in a pot full of Miracle Grow and there's a drainage catch thing at the bottom of the pot. The other pot has a similar quantity of plants right next to it getting the same amount of water and sun.

[Linked Image]

Please help me make my coleus happy, thanks!

Number Seven
1k Posts
Number Seven
1k Posts
Not all coleus can take full sun...some are meant for shade. It may also be that this particular one needed to be acclimated to sunlight more slowly than the others, and it may rebound back and be fine (the leaves that are turning brown will eventually fall off and be replaced.) Lastly, it could be overwatering. If you have a pan that catches water under the pot, you need to empty it every day or that water gets reabsorbed into the soil and the plants roots stay wet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,888
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image