Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#320470 Jun 8th, 2010 at 12:08 AM
OP Offline
I have a problem w/ my indoor plant. It's developing yellow spots all over the leaves, and it's slowly spreading around. I'm not quite sure what to do.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Skeletomania #321015 Jun 12th, 2010 at 07:54 AM
I think it is either a fungus or being over watered. Either way, the best solution is to make sure you use room temp or slightly warm water for the plant (cold water on the leaves can make it spot and yours looks a bit tropical), don't over water, and make sure the leaves have plenty of time to dry before it gets dark. These three things will help reduce chance of fungal infection.

If you can take a leaf in a plastic baggie to a nursery or home depot, the people there can help diagnose which fungus is attacking your plant and get you the correct treatment.

Cheers,
Debbie
Debking79 #321054 Jun 12th, 2010 at 03:22 PM
The tree is a Pachira Aquatica. I have one but in normal form. You cannot over water it or it will rot. Check the trunck to see if it is spongy. If yes do not water.

You should let the soil dry out between waterings since the trunk keeps water in reserve.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image