Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning all. Beautiful outside today, grass cutting weather...

Baking this a.m. smells so good.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Beautiful day here, too, after those flash t-storms we had last night! They were wild! Where Nancy is in PA, 200,000 homes lost power in one of them & they've been told it will be several days before it comes back on! boohoo

Maxi has swimmer's ear again and is fairly miserable. I just made him some toast & gave him so yogurt so he can take the Tylenol. Ear drops are already in.

Off to dialysis soon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Happy Friday!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning Merme, Happy Friday Tina wavy

Zach has left with his Aunt and my day really begins..waiting on the grass to finish drying. I am so impatient lol

Waiting on a truck load of lime for my hay field as well. Not going to be fun hand spreading it though, that's a week end job in itself.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning--(I have been up for only 30 minutes.)

beautiful day here as well. only 75*F so far today.

Baking--perhaps I should try that too, Tamara...Rod would be happy if I did.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Mmmm, chocolate chip cookies grin

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Mmmm, chocolate chip cookies grin

ya know--I think I will go and do just that--he loves Choc chip cookies---and I have lots of chips in the freezer---

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Evening all, spent the day doing yard work..again.

Delivery guy didn't show up with the lime..makes me so mad. 'Call before not when you close' to say we can't make it today.

I swear if DH doesn't start that chain saw in a few minutes..I'm going to borrow extension cords from all the neighbors and whip out the circular saw..yes I am impatient lol On a good note, DH told me to get something next time we go shopping to plant against the new fence grin

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

On a good note, DH told me to get something next time we go shopping to plant against the new fence grin

clap bop clap

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Yup, apparently it should have roses..hey, I'll not argue lol

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yup, apparently it should have roses..hey, I'll not argue lol

yea !!! be sure to find something pretty that you have always wanted...

Tamara, this is great fun being here with ya, but I need to go and fix the sides for supper. Rodney is grilling tonight. wavy

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
K. I gotta go also, I'm supposed to be up at the barn waiting on a farmer for cattle a pick up in a few.

I had a Don Juan climbing rose before but it broke in a bad winter, i'd love to find one again.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Do you protect your roses in winter, Tamara?
Busy days with company. I drop in now and again.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Tina, I don't need to protect the ones I buy now, I buy Rugosas for our zone..but I do have to mulch an old floribunda..and it still dies back to the base every spring.

I've learned to buy the 'hardy' roses, I spent a lot of money for years making mistakes trying to buy the 'pretty ones'.. just doesn't work.

Sold another cow mooo , only got the three mommas and babies and the new dad. Last years calves are all gone.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy Hi everyone! Had a busy but productive day today. Got up, made breakfast, started laundry, took a shower, went to the mall to pick up some things I needed, got my allergy shots and test prep meds, finally made it home, switched out the laundry, and now I'm sitting. Temporarily. Aros is sleeping but not for long because I'm going to wake him up. The girls are at sleepovers so it's just me and the boys for dinner. And, I still have to make a list and go grocery shopping. Phew, no wonder I feel tired. Tomorrow and/or Sunday I'm hoping to get some work done on the weeds I didn't do last time and I still haven't been for a run since since Tuesday.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
What a week. Agree? I read through four pages of the last coffee house, and I bet you do! Company, accidents, china saw problems, wakes, ... .

What a week. Had to go to Jackson on Thursday. Blah. By all measures, Jackson, Mississippi is not a particularly big place but once you get used to putt putting along and farmer waving at everyone you pass on the road, Jackson is a real pain. (And this from someone who on more than one occasion drove her pick em up truck in NYC & DC.) We took the back roads home. Putt putt wave.

Two pieces of big news. We finally broke down and got... wait... three pieces... a medium large HD tv, and actually got it hooked up with few problems (read: very little cursing). Of course, we don't have the correct receiver, and we need a new dish b/c the old one, that would be the one installed in October, isn't HD ready or whatever. This is a treat. Sort of like Tamara's roses. (I'd been hinting at it and then John had a great idea.) It's an extravagance, but hey, why not? I mean, if you're going to watch RFD TV, might as well be on a screen bigger than 12".

#2 We bought walkie talkies! This is not an extravagance. It just makes sense for John & I to be able to communicate.

[#3 relates to a topic I've never seen discussed here (ammo!) so I'll just set that aside.]

The plan was to do some fishing early tomorrow morning. The lake has small mouth & brim. Sort of funny-- we were so happy to get this place with a lake and a place for a shooting range and now that we have them, we're too busy working to go fishing or shooting. :-) And we didn't turn the tv on at all tonight.

Here's to a restful weekend. Yeah. Right.

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
What about ammo, Marica? We get ours from Cheaper Than Dirt.
Good night all. I bought my friend a few drinks so she is sleeping like a baby and I can get to bed at a decent hour.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I'm still trying to get used to the new PC. The keyboard messes me up big time.

Otherwise, it is very most nice in every way!!

Particularly since it was free! lol

Maxi's ear is still troubling him but it is improving. No more swimming for him w/out putting alcohol in before & after each swim!

That lock down at dialysis today really put me on edge. It couldda gone so much worse!

Marica, I wanna visit your farm.

But I must say, I got to laughing when you mentioned the need for ammo & then small mouth & brim in the next breath. haha I wondered if you were planning to shoot the fish? haha Then I read a little more & found out you want to fish AND have a shooting range! duh.

What can I say why It's late!

Tam we have many rosa rugosa's here also. But Portland has a formal rose garden too & I've always meant to ask the park rangers how the manage to keep the thing alive....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Marica
This is a treat. Sort of like Tamara's roses. (I'd been hinting at it and then John had a great idea.)
lol there's a big difference in our treats. DH is a TV nut also, he wants a big screen..uh that doesn't fit in a tiny house.

Hey Merme, I've seen fish hunting with bullets, an illegal way of salmon fishing. They put a balloon over the end of a 22..put the tip in the water and wait..bang. fresh salmon for supper idea

Morning all, raining a bit. Sun is trying to peak out, storms for the afternoon...and I want to go berry picking, no fair boohoo

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is still cool here at 58* but will climb quite a bit as the sun rises and sets. I am not doing a lot of my stuff these days. Mostly entertaining my guest and a lot of my normal stuff. But today is the last day and she will be leaving tomorrow. Then I will begin going outside to work more and when it is too hot, working on getting more of my house squared away. It is bill paying season here too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning.

Marica: surely I have mentioned ammo here. My DH target shoots as a hobby. To That end he has a few blackpowder rifles, and a BP pistol as well as the regular type of guns. WE had a range back at the farm. Here in town, not such a good idea. Luckily for him my dad has 20 acres he bought for recreation, out in the country about 20 minutes from here.

Tina enjoy your company. The work will always wait. I have yet to see it go away because I was busy with something else. lol

Merme, good to have you back & see you posting. I am so relieved that yousterday came out as well as it did.

Tamara--good morning to you. Tell your DH he can have a wide screen TV IF he adds on to the livingroom. I bet that shuts him up, I know it would do so here.
bwerry picking?? What kind are ready there now??? andf hey if it is raining at least teh humidity is no there. 79 here and no rain. But it is supposed top be nasty today, so they say. I guess I should really go out & water teh back yard stuff now before it gets so hot.
The neighbor started cutting grass at 8am--Now Really!!!! I am sure the grass still had dew on it !!!

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy hi Carol Jean, it is nice to see you!

We just did a small container garden this year because we are still planning to move. Didn't want to make it a big mess with too many difficult plants to move. So we've got some flowers and some vegetables and that'll do for now. Maybe I'll take some pictures later.

Maxi is sleeping hard today as his ear has been really bad. But I think we've just about got it beat now... at least, I am hoping we do!

Does anyone like to play those "Hidden Object" games? I am addicted to the silly things. lol And when I get stuck, I ask Maxi to help. He swears he hates them, but man dear, does he ever have "eagle eyes" and can spot the most unlikely things quickly. If I am really stuck, my weekday girl will put on her glasses and help, too. Sometimes the three of us are huddled around the computer, looking and looking.

We have a beautiful sunny day here although they'd forecast rain. why

Yup, I agree with Carol Tam. Ask your husband to build an addition to your home and let him add the big tv also!

The other day when we were shopping for the computer, we spent some time looking at big tv's. It was pretty amazing. We would have no place to put such things in our little apartment. And if we did manage to squeeze one through the sliding glass doors, it would overwhelm the room. TV, anyone? lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon all,
We have a had a busy couple weeks,, did get to our b& b vaca in the mountains- was lovely and never went anywhere else,,, just napped in the hammock- read- sat by the campfire in the evenings,too our food mostly prepared so didn't have to do much cooking or cleaning- got smart and took paper plates...
Joe had the whole week off so we have been cleaning and doing chores too- spring cleaning I couldn't do while I was blind, now we have company coming tomorrow so got to finish up house stuff and make food ahead- heading to the grocery in a few minutes- 14 yr old niece will stay with us for a week..what do you do with girls? haven't had one around in a while..LOL got a baby shower to go to tomorrow too... can't forget that...
Well Nana is off and running again-
back later,,,,
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Sherri!

Busy as ever, I see. I'm so glad you were able to get away.

Having your neice with you should be fun; a nice change of pace from so many boys! lol Just think of all the fun "girl stuff" you can do with her that the boys would strenuously object to!

It looks like we are in for rain after all....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Hey y'all!

Tina, sounds like you're having fun but are ready to get back to "normal." Back in May we had four batches of company. Enjoyed each one, but it was sure nice to be just the two of us again.

I agree-- sounds like Tamara's Dear Hubby has a project! You are, afterall, having a grandchild soon. His new TV room could double as the play room! The funny thing is, we really don't watch that much TV. We have "our" show, and it's too stupid to even tell what it is. And we watch RFD TV when we come inside to cool off in the middle of the day. John and I both like sports, but we end up just screaming at the bad referee calls. We do like watching movies. Our old DVD player blew a gasket and I bought a new one but our TV was sooooo old that it was incompatible with the new DVD player.

If there's been talk of ammo, I missed it.

Nana-- sounds very relaxing! But I don't envy you having to entertain a 14 year old. They can be so fickle. One of my nieces is about that age. She spends some time on facebook, but I think alot of her friends live there. Sad. Good luck!

Merme, if you want to visit the farm, I'd advise you to wait until early spring before tornado season! (Fall = hurricanes) If you didn't like the heat & humidity in DC, you wouldn't like Mississippi summers.

We did go fishing this morning!! I did not shoot fish, by the way! Got out in the Jon boat and wiled away over two hours! Yeah!! Got some good hits but didn't catch anything. John & his dad caught over two dozen, so I know they're out there. Oh well. It was just fun.

We had a heck of a storm roll through about mid-day, and I'm hearing thunder again. We needed it.

Baked a pie crust & now John is calling me to "help" him make the key lime pie. I think he just misses me!

Back later I'm sure!

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Well, the pie is out of the oven. Whoohoo. And the kitchen is starting to look like John's starting to cook. Tonight it's steak tortillas with lime buttered tortillas and some Stephen Pyles coleslaw and something else. Oh. the pie.

Can't believe how much it's cooled down. Honest, it's only 75* here. Weird. But welcome.

Off to diddle and then back to some easy chores.

[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Your dinner sounds heavenly as long as someone else is cooking and cleaning up after, Marica.
My friend went to soak up some warm California rays by the pool and I sent some frozen grapes along for her snacking pleasure. I don't do sun so we are all happy. Tonight we will go to a restaurant for dinner followed by karaoke. Tonight is her last night with me. I will take her back to her sister's tomorrow. She will head back to Washington soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We love frozen grapes around here, too.

Yup, Marica, I have been in the deep south in the summer and I will freely admit I am a wimp when it comes to hot weather. It ain't for nuttin' that I moved so far north! lol But still, I can dream of your farm and dream even more of visiting it in the midst of winter when oh the winds doth blow!

I think I am going to do a pot of homemade soup of some sort. Maxi is still not up to snuff and I think soup will help the kid.

Has anyone seen or spoken w/ Diane lately?

wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone! Pretty good day here today, the sun is shining, it's nice and warm out. I made a simple breakfast this morning and then went through my closet and drawers and decided to get rid of all the things that I've been holding on to hoping to fit into again. Some of it was only bought last summer. Oh well, I did find some shorts and t-shirts at the thrift store so now I have some warm weather clothing that does fit. All I had that fit for summer was running clothes, lol The kids cleaned up the house really good today and I ran some other errands. Got a couple movies to watch tonight and probably Monday night. For dinner Aros and the kids are having spaghetti and meatballs with caesar salad and garlic bread. I'm making one of my personal pizzas. It's an italian kind of night. Tomorrow the kids are going to the Cirque Du Soleil show, they're being picked up after breakfast. I've got nothing left to do for the weekend except relax and cook.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like a good beginning to your weekend, Cheryl. I am doing weekend puttering stuff here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Has anyone seen or spoken w/ Diane lately?

wavy

I can answer that Merme here I am grin ,I haven't felt good all week, and actually been in bed off and on all day.
Thank you for being concerned and asking about me,, It's good to know, you care, not a lot of that going on here with me . Thanks you kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Diane--so nice to see you....and so sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well kissie Please take care. I worry

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night all. Another busy-ish day. But my friend is leaving tomorrow so I will be able to get outside and get at some of my weeds.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Goodnight tina,--I hope yo enjoyed your time with your friend

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Geez, Di Di was here and I missed her! boohoo

I hope you feel better soon, O palie mine.

Maxi's poor ear is so bad tonight, I am going to have to take him to the First Care place tomorrow morning. Our hospital offers First Care as an alternative to the ER... it has limited hours of operation and limited services. A good option when you don't have a major trauma underway!

I myself am having a rough night but for entirely different reasons! I'm all aching and twitchy and can't settle down to rest yet. I have GOT to get back to my exercise program lest my laziness does me in.

Every spring, we get a flood of ants in the apartment & every spring I must buy ant traps. Yet they've never seemed to work too well. This year I bought a different brand and haven't seen a single ant in the apartment since! Too bad I don't remember what brand of traps I bought!!

Well, I better get me hence and go to bed. I hope tomorrow brings a brighter day for all who are worried or ill.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
All I have to say this morning is that I woke up to 32*F and frost madd Why do I even bother trying to garden? and my dryer broke down again yesterday and my hot water tank is acting up.

On a better note..I was lucky enough to find a medium bowl full of wild strawberries in the fields last night. Not much but probably 4 jars full of jam can be made. DH better savor it in the winter storms.

Gonna be a long day..

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am so sorry, Tamara.
Good morning. Our June gloom is still hanging on and you will get no complaints from me. Temps are staying in the mid-80's and nights are wonderful for sleeping.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Tina..

The frost got my tomatoes...just skimmed my beans. I think the rest might be o.k. The frost took out my mothers peas and half her beans. A neighbor lost a lot of their garden.

Just got back from my mom's, its her birthday today. She is spending the day with her sisters.

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon all,
I got up early - finished the house cleaning, ironing, Joe worked on yard , then came in an vacuumed top half of house for me... then we hit Target really quick for a fold in half- 6 ft table.. been waiting for them to go on sale... now I am off to the baby shower in about 5 minutes... Carrie had to go early to help set up and decorate... so Joe is going to drop me off and he will come back here in case our company shows up early... turns out they brought the oldest daughter and her boyfriend too- so we will have 6 her tonight sometime... only one is staying the week... well off to the shower... have a good day all.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's11

now I am off to the baby shower in about 5 minutes...
Are you adding another to your family?

Pouring rain out at the moment, sitting here waiting on supper to cook.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image