Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Weird day here today.

Took Maxi to Portland to the ER for his ear. The doc gave him special drops & said there would be enough to last the entire summer. Every time Maxi goes swimming after this, he is to put the drops in his ear again.

I hope he perks up soon. Right now he is still on the every three hours alternating doses of Ibuprophen & Tylenol.

Tonight we are having Thai food for dinner.

We've had rain off and on all afternoon. Right now we have bright sunshine.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hope Maxi feels better soon.

I'm going crazy here, I can't find my sealer lids. touched

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Hope Maxi feels better soon.

I'm going crazy here, I can't find my sealer lids. touched

I once had the cutest glass apples and I also was given the rings--but no flats---so go buy them yo usay>> wel no, they were smaller than the regular size lids.
They may not have survived the move, though
good luck finding your lids.

Strange that teh Dr didnt give maxi anything for his ear (for right now I mean)
I hope he feels better tomorrow.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
HEY !!!!! Emily called me from Virginia. she was getting ready to get on a plane to come to the airport in st louis, missouri
she should be home at 9 to 10 tonight.

yea for me!!!!!

________

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
I do hope Maxi's ear gets better. Pains me, too.

A freeze? Holy cow!! I would have cried. Really. I'm so sorry.

For dinner Aros and the kids are having spaghetti and meatballs with caesar salad and garlic bread. I'm making one of my personal pizzas. It's an italian kind of night.

We do this sometimes, too. It's so much fun! Enjoy!!

Typical Sunday here. Both of us worked outside until about noon. My compost pile isn't getting hot enough so I turned it and added some bone meal. Leftovers for lunch, then off to the grocery store. It was crowded in there today. There much have been 6-8 other customers in there! Just got done doing our wine chores. Made a tart cherry, first filtered a blueberry, and second filtered a tart cherry. And the raspberry we started 8 weeks ago is ready to drink.

And Merme-- to each his own about the climate! Haha. When I said above that I would have cried in Tamara's shoes, I wasn't kidding. One morning in February 2009 I woke up, sat up, looked out the window and said to John, "You have to get me the bleep out of here." I am just not constituted to do cold & grey.

Back to work. :wink:

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
One morning in February 2009 I woke up, sat up, looked out the window and said to John, "You have to get me the bleep out of here." I am just not constituted to do cold & grey.

You'd never last over here, that's for sure. lol We have about 8 months of cold and grey. Well, cold is a relative term, we generally don't get to freezing levels but we're pretty comfortable between 40 and 50 from late September til May or June, then we start to warm up to the 60's and 70's. Haven't seen much of the 70's so far this year though.

Well, I did a whole lot of nothing today. I made french toast and scrambled eggs for the fam, I had a banana and some scrambled eggs. Then I headed to the farmer's market and got some of my salad mix, some honey sticks for the kids, and a big bag of cherries for me. My favorite kind of cherries were a little late getting started this year but they're coming now because I've seen the price go down almost $3 a pound in the last couple weeks. Yum! The kids should be home soon, we're going to watch a movie most likely and then it's back to work for me tomorrow. Everyone else gets to sleep in.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am going to bed early tonight. My company is gone. So I feel I can lock down my house and really rest. Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good night Tina, have a great night's sleep!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good night Tina--good night everyone

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, rainy and gloomy.

Waiting on a repairman for the hot water heater.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope it is an easy, cheap fix for you, Tamara. It is not fair for appliances to bite the dust more than one at a time.
Good morning. It is a school day for my son today. So I am up and moving.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody! *Merme calls through the dense fog*

I'm here, I'm here! Can you see me?

Hopefully, cyberspace isn't as fogged in as real space at the moment! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning wavy
yep. we can see you Merme--it s a good thing that cyberspace isnt as foggy as the weather some days.

Tamara I see that i missed you--I hope the repairman goes easy on you.

Tina---it is sometimes good to get back to a routine isn't it. enjoy your day.

I guess i'm going to just wait around here until Emily comes to pick up her puppy.

________

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Good luck with the repair man! & Good morning to all.

I agree... much as I like weekends, it's nice to get back to the routine of the week days.

John had a "revelation"-- that's what he called it!-- this morning. He can wear shorts to work. No kidding, he brought me my coffee and said, "I've had a revelation."

We are having company for the 4th. They are driving down from Cincy and will arrive on Friday. The lead character is the son John never had! Our daughter Kat met him in the first day of 11th grade when we fist moved to Cincinnati in 2000. Two days later he came over to the house & he really hasn't left since. It will be an interesting weekend. And it will be fun for John to have boys to do boy things with. I worry though because there's "demolition" work scheduled.

Hope the fog lifts soon!!

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Morning all. Had a night full of wake ups, nervous about our meeting this afternoon. I just want this stuff with the kids to finally cone to an end. We're almost there at least. I have to leave work a little early today but thankfully don't have too much to do so it won't be a problem. Hope everyone has a great day!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi, Cheryl.

I have been wondering how all of that was going. you'll tell us in the end right??? I will be praying for you all.

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Of course I'll let you know how it all turns out. Thanks for thinking of us. kissie

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
Of course I'll let you know how it all turns out. Thanks for thinking of us. kissie

your welcome---kissie

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have wondered how it was going too, Cheryl. But figured you would share when you were ready.
I am done for the day. I must be good for about 2 hours of heavy labor a day. Or at least in the morning. I may get a second wind this afternoon. But my house is a little 'airier' with cut back shrubs and trees and things. I have three full size truck loads of stuff to haul to the green waste. And the dangers of a wildfire taking my house with it is a few more inches away on one side. That is about a third of what needs doing.
I am going to rest and then make my way to town to pick my son up from school. I should maybe get something to eat.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Morning all. Had a night full of wake ups, nervous about our meeting this afternoon. I just want this stuff with the kids to finally cone to an end. We're almost there at least. I have to leave work a little early today but thankfully don't have too much to do so it won't be a problem. Hope everyone has a great day!

My stomach's in a knot for you. Good luck!

[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all from noisy Nana's house...
4 boys = noise... they are playing pizza resturant... with a policeman to arrest them when they steal the other ones pizza... then they go to jail and get to eat pizza...LOL!
I am still awaiting my company- she decided to go to Co Springs and then come here- do hope they show around supper time just put two big family packs of chicken in roaster to cook for dinner and leftovers...
It is hot today... close to 100... got the cooler on so the upstairs doesn't get to hot to sleep- had to shut it off last night- somebody in the neighborhood had a fire outside and the smoke came in the house and about choked me to death... ended up taking meds to be able to breath.. dont mind people having fires but they don't have to try to burn wet wood.

We did have a nice rain storm yesterday- enough we don't have to water for a while- good for the water bill...
Well better go and fix some lunch for the hungry horde... bet they ask for pizza rolls.... LOL!
Chery you have been in my prayers today too.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
I'd never heard of play ing pizza restaurant. Sounds interesting. How cool do the evenings get when you have such hot days? Here we're only dipping into the mid-70s at night. No need for a fire!

Spent the morning cleaning outside. Sweeping out the workshop and straightening up. Organized some tools. Moving some outdoor furniture & other things from the garage to one of the porches. I told y'all I was going to tackle that garage. I figured one of the best ways to begin was to move the stuff that I know where I want it to go first, then tackle the "what am I going to do with this?" boxes.

Chicken pastry for supper tonight.

In just a bit I had to head to town (not the big town, just town) to get a new ATV battery. For some reason, the light switch had turned itself (HA) on and the battery died. I tried charging it but it won't hold a charge.

Just had a nice shower roll through. Excellent.

[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I most often get a 30 degree drop at night. It feels pretty darned chilly. We get some dog days in August where the humidity climbs and it doesn't cool down at night. Those are not my favorite days.
We have had a spectacularly moderate May and June. With temps rarely breaking mid 80's. I could do that all year and be pretty happy.
I have my son home from school for the day. He seems to be on a growing jag and eating particularly well. Now he is digesting and I think I am going to nap.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Evening all..

Hot water tank was covered on warranty...dryer part is only going to be $25.

Went for a quick trip into town with my mother, got new tomato plants and my climbing rose bush...not the exact one I wanted but clearance shoppers can't be fussy haha

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Evening all..

Hot water tank was covered on warranty...dryer part is only going to be $25.

Went for a quick trip into town with my mother, got new tomato plants and my climbing rose bush...not the exact one I wanted but clearance shoppers can't be fussy haha

That is great, tamara !!! I am so happy for you

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Me too, I was expecting a large bill today..

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am here eating pancakes & bacon for supper.
Simple & filling I figure---

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I love breakfast for dinner best.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Hi everybody! The heavy fog burned off by around 11 and then we had some brilliant sunshine. With the dewpoint at 70, you know we are feeling it! boohoo High for this area.

They say our air will dry out again when the scattered t-storms move along. So I say "move along, little t-storms, move along!" lol

Maxi is 1,000,000 % better since he started the new ear drops. A miracle in a bottle. Tonight his pal Dom is staying over & they are having a rowdy round of some video game.

I felt pretty sick when I got home from dialysis. I logged in here but was too weak & dizzy to post. So, I took a few sips of tea, laid down for a bit & later had some dinner. MUCH better, now!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh, and I forgot to post to Marica, that I think your plan for clearing the garage of boxes is a sound one. You go, girl!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Breakfast is good for any meal or snack at any time, day or night. I love breakfast food. I haven't really posted anything with the kids because there really isn't anything to post. It's all in the hands of the legal professionals and the court and the process is a painfully slow one. All we can do is wait. The meeting today wasn't as harsh as we were expecting, which was good. Glad that part is over anyway. We're going to watch a movie a little later and just take it easy tonight. I picked up teriyaki for dinner.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I guess I burned out on teriyaki a long time ago and never revived the interest. I like experimenting with all other types of oriental sauces though.
It has been a long day. I went out and got quite a bit of hedges and trees trimmed today. I am going to veg and then bed me down early.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sorry I missed you Cheryl ~

I only have Teriaki rarely so haven't grown weary of it yet. Maxi likes it when he gets it.

I'm glad it wasn't hard for you today w/ the situation w/ the kids, Cheryl.

Hoping to get to our best produce stand & lobster pound tomorrow. We used to live just 2 blocks away and walked past it daily. That was great! Now we are about 2 miles away and getting there is tougher. I love this guy's produce although I already missed Fiddlehead season. And, I missed when he had his greenhouses up also. So, tomorrow is finally the day! YAY!

The nearby town of Saco has a Farmer's Market twice a week and I'd like to get there also this week. One of my friends has a certified goat cheese room & we love her cheeses! Her farm is also quite productive and we like her produce as well. Plus, it is nice to support friends in their labors.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I haven't really posted anything with the kids because there really isn't anything to post. It's all in the hands of the legal professionals and the court and the process is a painfully slow one. All we can do is wait. The meeting today wasn't as harsh as we were expecting, which was good. Glad that part is over anyway.

well glad today's meeting was not as bad as you thought it might have been.
Remember, you are not alone in this waiting game. We are all here waiting with you and your family.

Ceramic's tomorrow which will be strange indeed with Marie gone.

Good night everyone---it is so much cooler tonight (73*F) for which I am greatful.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all, pouring rain again. Its so damp that I need to light the wood stove but the heavy rain forces the smoke back down and back drafts in the house..brrr.

I should get some bread and roll making done today....and maybe some cinnamon buns luv

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning, Tamara. I would like some of your rain and cinnamon buns, please.
I woke before my alarm. Going to bed early felt very good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning---

Sunday evening it rained 2-2/10 inches here in just a short time. The rain came with a Thunder storm. What is it with this crazy weather anyway???

I am going to ceramice now--I'll catch you all later---bye

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning all,
Got up with hubby- have a houseful of people but they are all mostly sleeping still- 3 teens.. they stayed up late so will sleep in if we let them- I have a nail appt today so have to go to that... they will have to fend for themselves I guess... want to go to Boulder and see sights... been there done that so I will enjoy my quiet while they go play tourist...LOL!
Marica it got down to the 40's in the mountains while we were there- so thats why we did the fire... here in the foot hills it gets down to 60's when it hit the 90's like yesterday and today... unless we get enough clouds for a t- storm then it cools off nicely... people here have those portable fire pits they use and burn wood yr around- just wish they would keep the wood dry if they are going to go that... or burn hardwood not pine...
Merme - glad Maxi's ear is better - that pain is no fun at all... we do the drops in ears here all summer too for just that reason... boys had a ball here yesterday playing with all the kids.. even the teens played with them... we ate outside too so that made cleanup easy-- my kitchen is not made to feed so many... nice when I can use the deck..Carrie had to take Nicoli for his 5 yr checkup today so the other boys will be here to play while she does that... thinking a bbq tonight - so have to make some tater salad when I get back.. bought strawberries too so will bake some shortcake too.... unless it's hot by then , will go buy and angel cake in that case-- need some whipped cream too I think...
Well Joe is almost ready to go to work so will be back later- time and company permitting...
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you have fun at ceramics, Carol.
Nana. You are so busy. But it must keep your life full and busy. And it makes for entertaining reading for me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

Maxi is much, much improved w/ his sore ear.

I am sitting here having coffee and chatting w/ Maxi's best friend Dom. My kid is still tanked in the blankets.

We are trading our "best" camping stories.

lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image