Rate Thread
#322688 Jun 25th, 2010 at 06:21 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Today when I was at dialysis, some crazy person pulled into the hospital parking lot next door with five bombs in his truck. He had already blown his own finger off at home earlier in the day and decided to drive to the little community hospital nearby with bombs in tow.

The first any of us patients knew what was going on, the RN's of our unit went from patient to patient quietly explaining the unit was in Lock Down & they were preparing in case of emergency evacuation. Not easy to do w/ 20 patients hooked to machines & 1 unit of blood outside of their bodies!

For hours, the area was shut down tight. Some volunteer RN's were outside doing triage for people who had intended to go to the ER but couldn't get past the police barricade. Rescue came & got some of them to transport to other facilities.

The nurses & techs of my unit had finished all the procedures and were just on standby waiting for a word from the bomb squad when someone called to say it was all over! Without notifying our unit, they had detonated 5 bombs very close to our location!

So we were all fine and now the police are crawling all over this man's property and finding tons of illegal stuff. The neighbors are badly shocked because it is such a quiet street in a little town where nothing ever goes on.

I'm rwllinf you, it was freaky to be in Lock Down and uncertain of what was going to happen next!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #322693 Jun 25th, 2010 at 07:36 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
yikes Glad everything turned out okay. It's always the quiet ones that surprise you, at least he wasn't very bright and got himself caught without hurting anyone.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #322702 Jun 25th, 2010 at 09:59 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, you are right, Cheryl ~ he got caught without hurting anyone but himself! I have thought today about how he drove around w/ 5 bombs in his car.... if he'd had an accident, how many people would have been hurt? It was incredibly reckless & stupid of him.

I've been on edge ever since!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #322706 Jun 26th, 2010 at 04:23 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
OMG Merme kissie

People have just gone crazy it seems...

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #322865 Jun 27th, 2010 at 05:28 PM
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Wow. I know this is an odd question, but what sort of bombs were they? Like, homemade out of fertilizer?? I know nothing of bombs. And was he a long time resident of the community? So many questions.

The big news in our community was that someone threw a concrete block through the window of the Piglet (small Piggly Wiggly grocery). This is huge crime for out here. Just huge. Fortunately, out here everyone & his brother-- literally-- has a gun.

Take care, Merme!!

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Marica #322984 Jun 28th, 2010 at 07:55 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Marica ~ I haven't been ignoring you; it is just that the details are sketchy at best.

Today the guy appeared in Federal Court & entered a not guilty plea.

Here is the brief story that they are reporting.

He was at home, building his bombs and blew off a finger. He called 911 and stated he had "burned" his hand w/ propane. Apparently, rescue didn't come quickly enough for him, so he loaded the 5 bombs in his car and drove himself to the local community hospital -- more like a clinic for a once strictly-farming area.

Well, docs can tell the difference between a "burn" and a blown apart hand (!) and were able to get the truth out of him.

But in the meantime.... rescue arrived at his house and couldn't find him. They searched because he was the homeowner and had stated he was injured. They found bomb making equipment and a whole lotta pot growing.

Somebody must have connected the dots... the hospital reporting a guy w/ a bomb injury and the rescue team finding the bomb stuff but no victim.... and so the bomb squad went to the hospital and found the 5 bombs which they detonated in the parking lot.

He's being held w/out bond.

Now let me see, what can I tell you about Alfred, Shiretown of York County, ME? It is sorta out in the middle of nowhere, a place you moreorless pass through going elsewhere. It's been around since the 1700's and once had a thriving Shaker Community. When the Shakers dwindled, the last 21 members left to join a larger community, and sold their large holdings to the Christian Brothers who own it to this day & use it as a place for public retreats etc. The town itself is divided into two parts as it sits on the cusp of the continental shelf. One half is the lowlands and the other half begins the true hills. Oddly enough, the two halves often have different weather! So it is a sleeply, quiet little place, with lots of farms and lots of ponds and lakes. Off the beaten path, it doesn't get the heavy tourist trade although it is only about 1/2 hour from major tourist spots.

So you see? It doesn't seem like the kind of place to grow a home made bomber and I guarantee you, the neighbors are shocked!

Like I said, sketchy information at best!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image