Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#323150 Jun 29th, 2010 at 06:54 PM
OP Offline
Hello My name is Bonnie and i live in portsmouth, england i recently bought a house and now have a garden which admittedly needs a lot of work but i was so excited by it that i went out straight away to buy a greenhouse, lots of pots and vegetable seeds at the moment i am growing strawberrys( well i was but i've eaten them all now) i have around 30 tomato plants not sure i can eat them all but i'm sure the neighbours will be glad to help, lettuce.... no i ate that too, potatoes they are growing real fast should be ready to eat in a month or so, raddish, spring onion, swede cauliflower and a different kind of lettuce mmm yum yum i cant wait for those to be ready, runner beans and petite pois oh and pumpkins and mushrooms and mint i think thats it. i want to try other things not just veg but not enough room now as garden mostly concrete........ not for long hahahaha

miles1321 #323151 Jun 29th, 2010 at 08:10 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nice to meet you, Bonnie! Sorry I misread your screen name earlier.... I was reading on the forum without my glasses! yikes

Again, I'm very glad you found us & pleased to meet you.

Your garden sounds quite productive already and it is great to read you are already enjoying the "fruits of your labors". I've always thought a greenhouse would be a handy way to extend my area's short growing season. Do you have any photos to share?

If you scroll down to "Banter Hall" you will find threads where we discass many things besides gardening & even play some word games, share jokes & photos of our pets, etc.

Have fun browsing around and join in wherever!

Oh, and I meant to ask you if you live anywhere near Portsmouth Harbor?

Last edited by Merme; Jun 29th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,884
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image