Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#325259 Jul 20th, 2010 at 06:30 PM
OP Offline
Anyone try Inversion Therapy ? ... you know the table that flips you upside down !

Back in 02 i had back surgery.. blew a disc L1 S5 area. Healed up fairly quick apox 3 mos and went snowmobiling in 5 mos...wedding .

Over the years it still bothers me , more so lately , mostly it's a muscle and pinched nerve thing .
The doc said that different parts of the body will help over come the weaker area. Im my case it's my lower back musles that take the strain and cause me to have spasms and knot up . When the knot does'nt let up it starts on the hamstring and I get a awlful pain in the cheek and leg cramps zoink

Iv'e been to TP and not much help other then some stretches....which helps some.

So I been looking into these inversion tables for relief and have found some good info on them . Alot swear by them and say it's the cats meow for back issues.

What it does is it puts your body in a relax state and uses your own wt in a reverse action to decompress your spine ...traction.
By unloading your spine it lets fluid back into the disc..rejuvinating the cushion. Also it pulls things/stretches muscle, ligemts.... when relaxed and let your body align it's self naturally. Even works for bad knees too due to the wt being pulled the oppisite way then norm.
Over time we all shrink with age putting vertical loads on all our joints and causing crappy posture too.

With a inversion therapy regiment you can find some great relief in a natural safe way.

So.. after all the reading and what not I bought a table.
Iv'e been on it for 2 mos now 2-3 times a day for 5-10 mins , most of the time twice a day.
At first you start with a slight invert then work you way to full upside down...way down the road yet ..on mid invert.
Since I started I have reduce my back pain by 80%. You can actually get on it and feel your self stretch a good 2 inches when inverted releving the pressure. After the session I even find myself standing with better posture and feeling refreshed ....pain gone.
They even say it helps putt your insides back inline ....sorry ladies I don't think it works to much for lifting the bossums , but can take the load off for a bit haha

Alot of doctors will shy away from this cause they feel threaten cause it works and they get no money for your vist. Then on the other had there's some that swear by them and use them themselfs...kinda like the cartopractor and doctor thing , one uses meds and one uses manipulation.

Here's a read on Inversion ...some good stuff in here :wink:
http://www.energycenter.com/grav_f/benefits.html

Im going to go hang now lol

Snow

Don't like the weather in Michigan?..wait 30 sec.
snowfarmer #325261 Jul 20th, 2010 at 06:51 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Before there were commercial tables available (affordable) some friends of mine built their own and used it. They had great results. She also had a harness that flipped over a door and she sat in a chair and it slipped under her chin and stretched her spine from the top.
More good results.
Another friend broke his neck when we were kids, back in the late 50's early 60's. He had similar apparatus during his recovery. He grew up to join the Air Force.
I believe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #325268 Jul 20th, 2010 at 09:38 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
snowfarmer---I have heard of that helping. MY DH had a co-worker that used on most every night after work.

15-16 months ago I fell & ended up with a compression fracture. Sometimes it is so painful to lie on my back that I usually do some stretches that I learned from a DVD that my mom bought from an osterporosis web site. They seem to help me.

I gues we all have to do what we have to do to help ourselves, huh ??

So glad that you found something to help.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #325375 Jul 21st, 2010 at 05:51 PM
OP Offline
The things we did when we were younger is coming back to haunt us.

Lets see ... being a kid, cycle accident , falling out of trees, working construction ...it's all taken it toll.

One of the biggest things that bother me is sitting for a period of time or bent over something , sometimes it's just standing it pinches.

Im very active and can't get around not hurting , just some days it's better then others. Funny thing is when im moving it's ok , I can be hurting and go for a ride on my sled and feel 100% better , just can't get insurance to class it as therapy tapfoot
It all seems to be ...what I call ..@ start-up . Everytime I start to move it grabs me and then aches, stay moving and busy and im fine.

The table really helps to relax when balanced before invert and the feeling of coming back to rightside up after a relaxing a min balancing after vert, you feel wt lessness as the blood re flows back down to the normal flow.

Im to the point now I could fall asleep on it when inverted ...just so relaxing .It's that relaxing ...BUT DON'T FALL ASLEEP !! it can be very dangerous !

snow

Don't like the weather in Michigan?..wait 30 sec.
snowfarmer #325390 Jul 21st, 2010 at 06:16 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well no danger of me falling asleep like that. I will not be buying a table.---
it is good to hear that it works so well for you though.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,916
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image