Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
All the leaves are turning yellow but the veins are staying a nice green it started at the bottom of the plant and has been working its way up does anyone know what this is? I water maybe every 2 to 3 days and I use miracle-gro organic plant food maybe once a month.

Yellowing leafs are a sign of over watering or lack of light , not sure on the plant food feedings . Some your not suppose to feed during certain times of the cycle.

My guess would be the watering though, depending on your soil..2-3 times could be to much if it's not draining well.
I water everyday, but little at a time rather than soaking good every few days, also I do most of the watering via watering can.
Didn't see a location of where your at ...but here we been getting alot of rain too.

snow

Don't like the weather in Michigan?..wait 30 sec.
OP Offline
I'm from south Florida but my plant is on a covered balcony gets about 8 hours of solid light. If its over watering do I just let it sit and dry out. The plant is in a 5 gallon pot.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Yes, leave it dry out a bit between watering.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Well I think it might be more then just a water issue.

Mine turn yellow and brown , working it's way up the trellis.

Watering was fine as I paid attention to that . During this drying up peiord I noticed something.

HEAT ... It was very HOT , not only hot it was very humid 88 temps ,real feel 90's.
I think the extreme heat had a role in it and the plant could not keep itself cool enough and burned up. Even with good watering it just could'nt keep up .

They do say not to water in the heat of the day cause of scorching . Mine is up against the house so the extra reflectivity might be something too.

...just some tought why

snow

Don't like the weather in Michigan?..wait 30 sec.
Mine does the same in Hawaii. I only get one cucumber at a time. Plenty of flowers but I have to pick one cucumber to get another one.

Strange?

Darren "Stacy" Holbrook
KH6OWL
Hawaii

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,876
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image