If you remember(maybe you don't--I almost forgot myself) One of my best friends bought me a mosaic stepping stone kit for Christmas....I found it the other day and decided it was a good time to make it!
Bonus is I have a TON of mosaic pieces leftover and Mark said he had a huge bag of concrete in the basement! Yay! More stepping stones!
Thank you! I was like a proud mother out there taking it out of it's form! This was my first attempt at making a stepping stone so I was pretty pleased. Takes 2 days before you can take it out of the form....so how many stepping stones can I make before the summer ends?
Half stones would be really cool huh? Never thought of that.
And yep, the past few days was a long time waiting!
Too be honest I'm not sure where I'm going to put the one I made yet.....I don't know what I'll do if I make a whole bunch of them....When we expand the pond bed I could space them around the edge every few feet with flowers in between maybe?
i like it... did you know, you can line a cake pan with plastic and make some really cool stepping stones with quik-crete? i did that with the exchange students, so i have 4 that are "homemade" i'll have to take some pics...
I took salad bowls from Wendy's and also some heart shaped plastic pans and filled them with concrete. I painted the stones and used the 'flower shape' from the Wendy's bowl and placed the heart underneath like leaves. I have also used big plastic cake covers like you get from the grocery and made stones. I have round and square in different sizes. You can use them as stepping stones, or I have used some of the smaller ones as a mini plant stand on a deck. My husband hates for me to mention making these because I use those 80 pound bags of quik-crete and guess who has to help me!!!
Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your
referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).